Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
RBC

Avion 30% Bonus Transfer to Avios - June 15 to July31

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2018 7:44 pm
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
How recent was the last 50% bonus? I don't know if I should wait until winter if there's any possibility of 50% bonus coming back.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
It's almost 2 years ago, I guess there have been 4 promos including the current one since then. I won't take a chance and transfer this month, thanks.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Jun 9, 2015
206 posts
79 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
ziaa wrote: For all those that may have signed up to the RBC avion card, they are running their summer promotion for a 30% bonus points transfer to BA Avios. You need a minimum 10,000pts to transfer. Starts June 15, 2018 at 12:01 PST, ending July 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. PST.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-ca/of ... G_ALWAYSON
I registered for BA executive club membership, is this Avios? If not how do I register for Avios so that I can take advantage of this offer? I have 25K RBC Avion to transfer.
After the transfer, can I redeem Avios points to fly inter-city Canada or to major destinations in USA from Edmonton?

Do they have occasional WestJet dollar transfer offer as well?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
maverikbc wrote: It's almost 2 years ago, I guess there have been 4 promos including the current one since then. I won't take a chance and transfer this month, thanks.
Yeah I don't think we will see 50% again. Not in today's climate IMO. All credit cards are offering less incentives nowadays too.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1699 posts
999 upvotes
BA executive club is name of the club, and avios is the name of the miles, so you can make that transfer.

If you want to fly from Edmonton, you will be limited to flights by American airlines. You won't be able to fly to other Canadian cities unless you connect through a AA hub.
- Insert Something here so you will be able to recognize me.
Jun 9, 2015
206 posts
79 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
ziaa wrote: BA executive club is name of the club, and avios is the name of the miles, so you can make that transfer.

If you want to fly from Edmonton, you will be limited to flights by American airlines. You won't be able to fly to other Canadian cities unless you connect through a AA hub.
Thanks, and in your opinion, is it worth transferring 25k to avois with this promo or westjet for $250 WJ dollars given I am in Edmonton?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
VividGlider wrote: Thanks, and in your opinion, is it worth transferring 25k to avois with this promo or westjet for $250 WJ dollars given I am in Edmonton?
Avios aren't as useful from a regional airport. If you start or finish your travel at a hub, you would get better value.

If you are limited to starting/finishing at YEG, the $250 WJ credit might be your best bet.

Edit, you can create a free British Airways Executive Club (Avios) membership and then see if there are any routes from/to YEG that are worth your while to transfer the points.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-ca/ex ... club/avios
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
Initiated a transfer last night, posted in my BA account this morning with the bonus points. Thanks OP!
Jan 30, 2017
748 posts
121 upvotes
This deal looks solid.. what are some good places to use these points for if ur based out of YYZ????
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1275 posts
404 upvotes
Eaglesfan99 wrote: This deal looks solid.. what are some good places to use these points for if ur based out of YYZ????
For US, any AA hub would be the best use of points. Once you need to stopover, they count the miles for both legs. Coming from US back to YYZ incurs the cheapest taxes, often only $5-7 USD sometimes. I would not use these for Asia or South Pacific as due to distance, the miles needed are higher than other programs. If you are within Australia, Japan or South America, short haul flights on Qantas, JAL and LAN use very few points and are low in taxes. In the past I used to fly from YYZ to ORD, LGA/JFK and DCA easily but AA availability is pretty bad. One sweet spot would be MIA as it's only 20,000 avios RT from YYZ. I also used avios for San Juan to MIA and due to small distance, spent much less points than other airlilnes.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2049 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
- how many points do I need to fly Toronto to Asia or Europe in business class?
- can I pick any airline to fly with?
- are there any fuel surcharges?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1699 posts
999 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote: - how many points do I need to fly Toronto to Asia or Europe in business class?
- can I pick any airline to fly with?
- are there any fuel surcharges?
You are limited to flying with oneworld airline partners. If you want quotes on points/fees, try searching with the BA Book with Avios option.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/searchin ... ilability/
- Insert Something here so you will be able to recognize me.
Jun 26, 2007
668 posts
287 upvotes
I Just created BA club membership, if i am converting 25K RBC points to BA, what would be the points at BA? currently calculator is showing me 25K points and not 30% more?

Am i doing something wrong?

thanks.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6386 upvotes
Vancouver
armaan wrote: I Just created BA club membership, if i am converting 25K RBC points to BA, what would be the points at BA? currently calculator is showing me 25K points and not 30% more?

Am i doing something wrong?

thanks.
Bonus points will show up in account as a separate transaction
Feb 25, 2012
143 posts
5 upvotes
Austin
notenoughsleep wrote: Bonus points will show up in account as a separate transaction
thanks pal, how long does this take to show up after the conversion?
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2013
1181 posts
329 upvotes
ON
Looking to book yyz-fll or yyz-mia. how is availability in Avois compared to aeroplan? do you have to book months in advance? and taxes?
Dec 19, 2007
312 posts
61 upvotes
I've tried looking for YYZ - JFK or LGA and can't for the life of me find anything that is direct connections, they all have layovers in CLT or DCA.

Anyone have any luck with this? Not only do the layovers add a ton of time, but the cost of points and taxes too.

I did try YYZ-MIA and that worked out - was 20K Avios so that's great.

I've actually did this transfer years with hopes of taking my parents to HK with Cathay but man is it crazy hard to find rewards seats. Incredibly frustrating clicking through random dates and then searching each day's availability and waiting for it to load each time. Any tips?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes
When will they be having there transfer to WestJet dollars?
If I have answered your question, Hit the Ol' THUMBS UP❗

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)