Personal Finance

RBC Bank Account Changes Starting June 2, 2020 - Cancelled!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2020 7:45 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1533 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I haven't had a big 5 chequing account for years now. I don't know which banks have multi-product rebates and which require dead money in the chequing account to avoid fees. For that matter, are there any Big 5 banks that do not make it possible to avoid fees?
pawprints86 wrote: My condo building owner requires condo fees be post dated checks... So yes people are still forced to use checks lol. At least until probably older owners start to retire and the new younger people change things
My landlord does not accept cash. I can either pay by cheque or by pre-authorized debit. My cheques are free, so it's just easier to do it that way. I believe landlords are required to offer more than one payment method.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1348 posts
272 upvotes
ORLEANS
I’m not sure if we can have unlimited bank accounts with RBC but here it is my situation.

Currently have a
RBC CC
RBC day to day banking(joint with mom) $4.00
Tax free savings investment
So now the RBC account is free with the $4 rebate.

My wife and I recently got a mortgage with RBC.
She currently has with RBC
Days to day savings account
mortgage

Can me and my wife open up a joint no limit banking account with RBC for $10.95 with the $10.95 rebate since I would have 3 products with RBC?

I can also keep the $4 rebate with me and my mom and a $10.95 rebate with me and my wife?
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
41614 posts
7605 upvotes
Markham
Palidino wrote: I’m not sure if we can have unlimited bank accounts with RBC but here it is my situation.

Currently have a
RBC CC
RBC day to day banking(joint with mom) $4.00
Tax free savings investment
So now the RBC account is free with the $4 rebate.

My wife and I recently got a mortgage with RBC.
She currently has with RBC
Days to day savings account
mortgage

Can me and my wife open up a joint no limit banking account with RBC for $10.95 with the $10.95 rebate since I would have 3 products with RBC?

I can also keep the $4 rebate with me and my mom and a $10.95 rebate with me and my wife?
I would say maybe, but for a concrete answer it's much better if you talk to a RBC rep directly instead of asking here imo.
Jan 7, 2019
305 posts
282 upvotes
Update:

Important Update - 2020 Service Pricing - CANCELLED

Important Update March 17: Service Pricing 2020 has been cancelled.

We know how challenging the environment around COVID-19 has been for our clients, employees and communities. The situation continues to evolve rapidly and our clients’ lives are being disrupted in significant ways.

In consideration of the events, we will not be moving forward with planned Service Pricing changes effective June 1, 2020. Currently, our focus is on developing treatment programs designed to give our clients much needed relief as they navigate these uncertain times. We also want to support our employees and advisors who are going above and beyond for clients with advice, guidance and support.
Remember to always Thumbs Up good responses! Spread positively.
Feb 24, 2017
75 posts
40 upvotes
BrokeMillennial wrote: Update:

We know how challenging the environment around COVID-19 has been for our clients, employees and communities. The situation continues to evolve rapidly and our clients’ lives are being disrupted in significant ways.

In consideration of the events, we will not be moving forward with planned Service Pricing changes effective June 1, 2020. Currently, our focus is on developing treatment programs designed to give our clients much needed relief as they navigate these uncertain times. We also want to support our employees and advisors who are going above and beyond for clients with advice, guidance and support.
Was this emailed to you or is there a link?
Jan 7, 2019
305 posts
282 upvotes
aspiretobegreat wrote: Was this emailed to you or is there a link?
This was shared to me by my financial planner at RBC. This is why you keep good relations at the bank! You get information earlier~
Remember to always Thumbs Up good responses! Spread positively.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
41614 posts
7605 upvotes
Markham
BrokeMillennial wrote: Update:

Smart of them to not get ppl pissed during this crisis.

But that just means they will implement this once everything calms down.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2316 posts
1902 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
angel_wing0 wrote: Smart of them to not get ppl pissed during this crisis.

But that just means they will implement this once everything calms down.
Banks being banks of course.
I like credit unions and Honda Civics.
Member with DUCA Credit Union.