• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2021 2:38 pm
[OP]
Apr 14, 2006
844 posts
522 upvotes
St Johns

RBC Direct Invest Research Reports

I don't have a RBC DI account, looking to find a source to download their daily research reports.
Any pointers?
6 replies
Sep 28, 2011
173 posts
187 upvotes
tradinghumble wrote: I don't have a RBC DI account, looking to find a source to download their daily research reports.
Any pointers?
Not that I'm aware of.

If you have a RBCDI account with less than $250K, you get access to their Morningstar reports. If you have $250k+, you instead get access to all of their research reports and analysis from RBC Capital Markets, which can be very comprehensive. For instance they released a report a few days ago on the Canadian Banks and it's a 187 pages of charts, tables, and graphs looking at number of different avenues of their businesses and with some datasets back to the 1950s. The TLDR version is Cdn Banks have generally been very profitable for a very long time.
[OP]
Apr 14, 2006
844 posts
522 upvotes
St Johns
"you instead get access to all of their research reports and analysis from RBC Capital Markets, which can be very comprehensive"
this is what I'm looking for but don't want to open an account... have too many brokerages.
Sep 25, 2009
449 posts
350 upvotes
bigblue1ca wrote: Not that I'm aware of.

If you have a RBCDI account with less than $250K, you get access to their Morningstar reports. If you have $250k+, you instead get access to all of their research reports and analysis from RBC Capital Markets, which can be very comprehensive. For instance they released a report a few days ago on the Canadian Banks and it's a 187 pages of charts, tables, and graphs looking at number of different avenues of their businesses and with some datasets back to the 1950s. The TLDR version is Cdn Banks have generally been very profitable for a very long time.
Where do I click to get access to the Capital Market reports?
Sep 28, 2011
173 posts
187 upvotes
light2 wrote: Where do I click to get access to the Capital Market reports?
In true RBCDI fashion it's not obvious and there are a couple of ways to get there. The one I remember easiest is below. Clicking on the RBC Insight link gets you to their pop up, From there you can go look up whatever you like. You can also set up notifications for specific stocks or market/economic reports, etc, look up all the reports by certain analysts, etc, as they happen, daily, weekly, monthly. I initially subscribed to a bunch, but RBCCM pumps out more data and information (at all hours of the data as they have analysts around the world) than I can read in a day, so I picked a couple of my favourites and look up anything else that pops to mind on an ongoing basis.

Access to this information, is one of the major reasons I haven't moved my RRSP account to IB with my Margin account.
Sep 25, 2009
449 posts
350 upvotes
bigblue1ca wrote: In true RBCDI fashion it's not obvious and there are a couple of ways to get there. The one I remember easiest is below. Clicking on the RBC Insight link gets you to their pop up, From there you can go look up whatever you like. You can also set up notifications for specific stocks or market/economic reports, etc, look up all the reports by certain analysts, etc, as they happen, daily, weekly, monthly. I initially subscribed to a bunch, but RBCCM pumps out more data and information (at all hours of the data as they have analysts around the world) than I can read in a day, so I picked a couple of my favourites and look up anything else that pops to mind on an ongoing basis.

Access to this information, is one of the major reasons I haven't moved my RRSP account to IB with my Margin account.
Thanks, don't have this button but I should qualify based on balance.
Sep 28, 2011
173 posts
187 upvotes
light2 wrote: Thanks, don't have this button but I should qualify based on balance.
Fire them a PM or give them a call.

Access to RBCCM reports is part of their Royal Circle membership (which is otherwise useless imo). Account holders automatically qualify if their balance is $250k+ for four months in a row.