Shopping Discussion

RBC is doing major overhaul to it's current banking plans.

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2008 1:41 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1074 posts

RBC is doing major overhaul to it's current banking plans.

just received letter saying they are changing banking plans and the fees are increasing for banking my minor amount.

The fees are increasing pretty drastically.

and NSF fee is also increasing :(

all RBC new plans:
http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/RBC:R8LiYo7 ... ounts.html
8 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 15, 2004
3577 posts
499 upvotes
Richmond
AirForceElite wrote: just received letter saying they are changing banking plans and the fees are increasing for banking my minor amount.

The fees are increasing pretty drastically.

and NSF fee is also increasing :(

all RBC new plans:
http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/RBC:R8LiYo7 ... ounts.html
You say that like it affects you often. Stop over-spending!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 7, 2008
2267 posts
303 upvotes
Is there any reason to continue paying my bank $10-$15 per month when I can get the same service for FREE from places like PC?
Sr. Member
Sep 26, 2006
611 posts
25 upvotes
Rocky Mountains
RedFlagRobot wrote: Is there any reason to continue paying my bank $10-$15 per month when I can get the same service for FREE from places like PC?
the service will certainly NOT be the same with PC
Reality Check
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1074 posts
peroxide8888 wrote: You say that like it affects you often. Stop over-spending!
Well look at this way:

my total fees are just gone up by 100%

i pay $2 for 4 transactions, now i pay i have to pay $4.
but yet...there is still big lines up in the bank even though banks now charge twice more.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 7, 2008
2267 posts
303 upvotes
bluedcfive wrote: the service will certainly NOT be the same with PC
Can you be more specific? Everything I currently get from my bank i can get from PC. Do you mean the customer service will be worse? Because that hasn't been my experience with my PCMC.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 19, 2001
30638 posts
1548 upvotes
Fernando Poo
I dropped RBC after they scammed my wife and I on our mortgage.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
3246 posts
57 upvotes
Mississauga
RedFlagRobot wrote: Can you be more specific? Everything I currently get from my bank i can get from PC. Do you mean the customer service will be worse? Because that hasn't been my experience with my PCMC.
Is that because their customer service is already bad? Sorry, but there are enough horror stories about PCF. I still don't agree with the banks charging more. They're already racking up record-setting profits. What do they need more for? Time to investigate some credit unions very soon.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 7, 2008
2267 posts
303 upvotes
Topher wrote: Is that because their customer service is already bad? Sorry, but there are enough horror stories about PCF. I still don't agree with the banks charging more. They're already racking up record-setting profits. What do they need more for? Time to investigate some credit unions very soon.
Hmm, haven't done much research into PCF, so I wasn't aware of the customer service issues. Perhaps a credit union is the way to go. It pisses me off that I have to pay so much to let someone have my money. Plus, if I can send an email for free, don't tell me the bank needs to charge me fees for "electronic transactions."

Top