Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 14, 2013
548 posts
51 upvotes
Montreal, QC

RBC Esso Visa Points

From their website, I will get 2 points per $ expense at Esso Stations.
However, I spent 30$ at Esso Station using my Speedpass which is linked to my RBC Esso Visa, and I got only 30 points. This 30 points I can get with whatever cc to pay at Esso Station.

Just wonder how and when RBC will give me another 30 points. I can see that from my RBC online account that there is an authorized transaction as follows:

Date (sorted descending) Description Pending Debits Pending Credits
Jul 09, 2015 ESSO 4085 BELANGER MONTREAL 125.00
3 replies
Jan 17, 2007
94 posts
28 upvotes
I believe the remaining 30 points you will receive when you get your monthly credit statement.

30 points right when you pay with your speed pass. And 30 at the end of the statement cycle.
Nov 29, 2014
680 posts
83 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC
This sounds correct (the above). The Esso Visa has a complicated points system that isn't transparent or easy to understand. This is one of the major reasons I changed The RBC Esso Visa to the RBC Cashback Master card. The other being I get 2 percent back for groceries. Keep the Speed pass but 0.75% Cashback from the points system isn't very good.
Nov 23, 2010
687 posts
120 upvotes
Montreal
It's much a crappy CC. Don't except much from RBC. They never share their Profits. I have it just to be able to get the Multiproduct Rebate, thus pay no monthly fees.
Do Not put All your Eggs in One Basket!
Overtaxed, Underpaid, Overpriced Proud Canadian!