Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[RBC] Free ipad mini on new account

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2014 11:24 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
---------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 24th, 2022 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2012
2585 posts
313 upvotes
Ontario
To open anything with any of those banks you still need to have one account with the big 5s.

For example, if you wanna transfer USD to ING you need to first move it from your external bank then to your ING. Such a pain...

Also no wire transfers allowed even in CAD
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2011
1203 posts
355 upvotes
Surrey
komal wrote: Uh, don't wait for CIBC to credit you and don't wait to decide on the RBC promo.

Go close your account NOW!

Then open an account with PC/Tangerine/BMO Sobeys.

There are accounts with no fees and access to big bank ATMs that are made for people like you.

Even a credit union will have a minimum balance requirement but PC Financial/Tangerine/BMO Sobeys will save you money then you can still decide if you want to do this promo or not.

I paid fees to my credit union for a long time because I didn't bother looking into no fee accounts. Don't throw away hundreds of dollars.
+1.

PC Financial customer service is not that good, but they have unlimited checks. Tangerine is much better and you get access to Scotia bank ATMs, plus they have awesome promotions for signing up.
Oct 30, 2008
117 posts
35 upvotes
Niagara Region
I bank with RBC and don't pay bank fees - at all.
I've seen RBC branches in Mexico, in the BVIs, all over the place. I've never had a problem finding a branch or ATM.

I am a little crusty this deal is for new clients only, though.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
---------
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
Can you put in a small percentage of your payroll deposit rather than the entire amount?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
SickBeast wrote: Can you put in a small percentage of your payroll deposit rather than the entire amount?
I don't see why not. Usually you would set this up with your employer so they wouldn't know.
Jan 20, 2006
603 posts
25 upvotes
Spoke with an RBC rep yesterday about this promo, and he confirmed Ipad mini WITH retina, but couldnt confirm the length required to keep the acct, but you will be charged a cancellation fee for closing early and/or downgrading your acct before the "set date" they choose to keep the acct active.
2013 Wins - 10 Wins $634.00
Heatware 7-0-0
eBay 30-0-0
RFD 15-0-0
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
I have RBC VIP Banking.

$30 a month = about $360 per year. Waive $170 for Applicant and Co-Applicant on one of the best rated credit cards in Canada (Visa Infinite). Waive another $30 for safety deposit box. Actual annual cost drops to $160 per year, or $13.33 per month. Other things like free overdraft protection and unlimited banking are small perks. Get a free iPad? I might just cancel my VIP and re-enroll!
Board games!!!!
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
815 upvotes
Calgary
jmuljadi wrote: I don't get why peeps pay bank fees..
+1

Bank fees are a scam. Just like ATM fees.

This deal is cold. RBC should be giving a free 27" imac, not a weak offering of ipad mini.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9450 posts
11817 upvotes
Calgary
Mayosandwich wrote: +1

Bank fees are a scam. Just like ATM fees.

This deal is cold. RBC should be giving a free 27" imac, not a weak offering of ipad mini.
Such entitlement!
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
---------
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1998 posts
619 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
komal wrote: Uh, don't wait for CIBC to credit you and don't wait to decide on the RBC promo.

Go close your account NOW!

Then open an account with PC/Tangerine/BMO Sobeys.

There are accounts with no fees and access to big bank ATMs that are made for people like you.

Even a credit union will have a minimum balance requirement but PC Financial/Tangerine/BMO Sobeys will save you money then you can still decide if you want to do this promo or not.

I paid fees to my credit union for a long time because I didn't bother looking into no fee accounts. Don't throw away hundreds of dollars.
massakk wrote: +1.

PC Financial customer service is not that good, but they have unlimited checks. Tangerine is much better and you get access to Scotia bank ATMs, plus they have awesome promotions for signing up.
I already have ing aka tangerine as ive stated in my posts earlier.
still looking for something better.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1710 posts
1331 upvotes
Toronto
therollin wrote: Close account and reopen
doesn't work, i rmb for previous promo, you had to be closed for a minimum of 4 months
Member since 2006

Fido- $40/15GB
Curren phone: Samsung s20FE
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1710 posts
1331 upvotes
Toronto
CoolDudeClan wrote: Tangerine is pretty awful from what I've experienced.

To make matters worse they are dropping their ability to use ABM's for free in september, which severely cuts off the possible machines. There aren't that many scotiabanks out there.
not alot of scotiabank?
Member since 2006

Fido- $40/15GB
Curren phone: Samsung s20FE
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
---------
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
CoolDudeClan wrote: Tangerine is pretty awful from what I've experienced.

To make matters worse they are dropping their ability to use ABM's for free in september, which severely cuts off the possible machines. There aren't that many scotiabanks out there.
care to elab ?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)