• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2021 10:13 am
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 27, 2021
61 posts
66 upvotes

RBC IPAD OFFER (NEED HELP)

I have opened RBC account for iPad offer. I have below questions. Please some one help who already got this..

1) I am planning to keep Payroll + 2 bill payments for this offer. Do I need to keep doing same every month from Feb 2022 to Feb 2023?
2) let's say I am paying two different Fido bills, can J change my service provider and make bill payment t another service provider to satisfy bill payment condition before Feb 2023?
3) In which date cycle we need to repeat those activities? Is it tracked from 1st to end of every month? Or when bank statement date ?
1 reply
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
4755 posts
1308 upvotes
does it matter?
potdarsagar wrote: I have opened RBC account for iPad offer. I have below questions. Please some one help who already got this..

1) I am planning to keep Payroll + 2 bill payments for this offer. Do I need to keep doing same every month from Feb 2022 to Feb 2023?
2) let's say I am paying two different Fido bills, can J change my service provider and make bill payment t another service provider to satisfy bill payment condition before Feb 2023?
3) In which date cycle we need to repeat those activities? Is it tracked from 1st to end of every month? Or when bank statement date ?
this is from what I see.
https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/dms/pba/op ... tions.html
Set up at least two (2) Pre-Authorized Monthly Payments (“PAPs”), such as a pre-authorized bill payment to a service provider (e.g., utility bill, gym membership) or pre-authorized payment to an RBC mortgage, loan, Royal Credit Line or contribution to your RBC investment account, from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account. The first payment of both Pre-Authorized Payments must be debited and must clear from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account by 9:00 PM Eastern Time February 28, 2022.
I opened TFSA account with them and just put $50 PAD. Had Fido Internet that will appear PAP till end of this month and from may be next month. pap tablet payment will be from next month. SO I am all set. Not planning to discontinue RBC yet as will invest more instead of TD.
There is no at least $50 min like CIBC promo.

About Fido bill what I get is Fido Internet account and Fido tablet account is considered two payment even if same company.
Can I still qualify if I don’t use an automated recurring payroll direct deposit?

Yes, as long as you set up and complete two (2) Pre-Authorized Monthly Payments and have paid 2 bills and both payments are debited from the new eligible account by February 28, 2022.
https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/dms/pba/op ... s/faq.html

I already received email and filled the form. It says 9 weeks for ipad. Also the number in email is so suspicious as it says that offer has ended and call other number. may be the system still assume offer valid till April 15th 2021.
Please note, this offer will expire on April 15th 2022.
If you have any questions about your order, please call us at 1-866-246-5651.
What types of payments count as Pre-Authorized Payments and meet with the offer requirements?

If you choose to qualify for this offer with the two (2) pre-authorized monthly payments (PAPs) option the payments must be withdrawn from your new eligible account by February 28, 2022. You can set up the two (2) pre-authorized monthly payments from two (2) different companies or if you set them up with the same company, the 2 pre-authorized payments must be for different account numbers. Pre-authorized monthly payments include, but are not limited to, utility bill payments (hydro, water, cable, phone, internet), pre-authorized contributions to your investments and gym membership payments.
Tried new coffee and doughnut. Found same old stale thing. expected bill of six bucks but it was 600 million. Big mistake so the guy said don't worry it is on the house. going back to McD.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)