RBC Line of Credit at Prime rate promo

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2019 10:32 pm
Aug 9, 2015
216 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

RBC Line of Credit at Prime rate promo

As the title said... just got approved when my balance transfer promo rate is due soon :)

Not as attractive as 2% balance transfer fee.. but Unsecured LOC at prime is still an incredible rate!
Last edited by mangoCooper on Jun 1st, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25 replies
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Why would you want to pay a 2% transfer fee?
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Aug 9, 2015
216 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
titaniumtux wrote: Why would you want to pay a 2% transfer fee?
2% balance transfer fee + 0% interest = borrowing rate of 2%
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
mangoCooper wrote: 2% balance transfer fee + 0% interest = borrowing rate of 2%
Why not 0%/10 months/1% BT fee? That's what's best in-market for now.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Jan 17, 2019
18 posts
3 upvotes
a little out of loop here. Could you give me more context on this? RBC has a promo for unsecured LOC or something?
Aug 9, 2015
216 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Not all people get the 0%/10 months/1% BT fee... as far as I know, this RBC promo is for everyone, as long as you don't have a "bad" credit.

eksealant, this is an unsecured LOC.
Dec 26, 2015
881 posts
736 upvotes
Manitoba
mangoCooper wrote: Not all people get the 0%/10 months/1% BT fee... as far as I know, this RBC promo is for everyone, as long as you don't have a "bad" credit.

did you get this rate by email or did you apply?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
mangoCooper wrote: Not all people get the 0%/10 months/1% BT fee... as far as I know, this RBC promo is for everyone, as long as you don't have a "bad" credit.

All people in the nine non-QC provinces can get MBNA or CIBC cards with 0%/10 months/1% fee...if they can't, they probably can't get a uLOC, either.
Aug 9, 2015
216 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Veeshmack wrote: did you get this rate by email or did you apply?
I saw the ad on the ATM machine.. just call in
Aug 9, 2015
216 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
titaniumtux wrote: All people in the nine non-QC provinces can get MBNA or CIBC cards with 0%/10 months/1% fee...if they can't, they probably can't get a uLOC, either.
Those are introductory promo and will expire in 10 months.
Jan 31, 2007
319 posts
39 upvotes
Montréal, QC
titaniumtux wrote: All people in the nine non-QC provinces can get MBNA or CIBC cards with 0%/10 months/1% fee...if they can't, they probably can't get a uLOC, either.
Did something change recently? I'm in QC and have been taking advantage of the mbna and CIBC balance transfers...
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
mangoCooper wrote: Those are introductory promo and will expire in 10 months.
Then keep getting new cards with intro BT offers.
Aug 9, 2015
216 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
titaniumtux wrote: Then keep getting new cards with intro BT offers.
How many MBNA cards can you apply? How many do you now have?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
mangoCooper wrote: How many MBNA cards can you apply? How many do you now have?
I personally keep two MBNA cards (most of the time...I sometimes bump up to three). You can apply for as many MBNA cards as you like. But, you can only hold one affinity card at MBNA at a time, and must wait min three months between affinity cards if churning. You can have as many MBNA cards as you want, as long as each card has min $500 CL.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
3024 posts
1538 upvotes
Burnaby
do you have a pic of the promo or a number to call with reference number? My RBC account offer currently is Prime + 4.99% lol
Temp. Banned
Jan 30, 2019
166 posts
62 upvotes
amplified wrote: do you have a pic of the promo or a number to call with reference number? My RBC account offer currently is Prime + 4.99% lol
Did you apply online, or have to go in for your line of credit. 4.99 good I say.
Temp. Banned
Jan 30, 2019
166 posts
62 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: I personally keep two MBNA cards (most of the time...I sometimes bump up to three). You can apply for as many MBNA cards as you like. But, you can only hold one affinity card at MBNA at a time, and must wait min three months between affinity cards if churning. You can have as many MBNA cards as you want, as long as each card has min $500 CL.
I got the BW card, was going to close it next week, and apply for it again. Your saying this wont work?

Also have the true line 12.9% thinking of getting the True line gold 8.9% is this a no go.

Titaniumtux what am I to doThinking Face
Aug 9, 2015
216 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
amplified wrote: do you have a pic of the promo or a number to call with reference number? My RBC account offer currently is Prime + 4.99% lol
i didn't quote any reference number.. just told the CSR I saw an ad at the ATM machine and she helped me with the application over the phone.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
MrWalker wrote: I got the BW card, was going to close it next week, and apply for it again. Your saying this wont work?

Also have the true line 12.9% thinking of getting the True line gold 8.9% is this a no go.

Titaniumtux what am I to doThinking Face
The BW card is co-branded. The affinity cards are mostly university cards. AFAIK you should be fine to churn the BW. For the TL Gold, not sure whether you can hold both the TL and the TL Gold, but if you cancel the TL, you can definitely grab the TL Gold. My guess is you can have both. MBNA used to allow holding more than one of the same card, but then they changed that for the PP a year before it was grandfathered. I'd call in and ask whether you can apply for the TL Gold before applying and incurring a hard pull.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1944 posts
1505 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
Already have a HELOC with RBC Prime + 0.5% does it make sense to also get an unsecured LOC pretty sure I'd get approved Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Images
  • upload.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)