• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2021 9:36 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12373 posts
1226 upvotes
Brampton
I've seen it happen with googl, but not such an enormous drop.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5685 posts
2354 upvotes
Winnipeg
Has anyone tried to purchase
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8811 posts
1741 upvotes
spike1128 wrote: Some type of stock exchanging hands after hours? For 33 a share?
Yup, in the after hours market. A pretty major blunder and as mentioned above the trader ignored all the warnings not to set a limit like this, maybe he/she were trying to setup a buy order up but chose the wrong action instead.

Either way, a cost of an education.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5685 posts
2354 upvotes
Winnipeg
Frankie3s wrote: Yup, in the after hours market. A pretty major blunder and as mentioned above the trader ignored all the warnings not to set a limit like this, maybe he/she were trying to setup a buy order up but chose the wrong action instead.

Can you set up a sell price like that on after market?
Images
  • 3B159C4F-4B68-4750-BE93-715DC9C28044.jpeg
Oct 21, 2016
925 posts
686 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote:
Yup, in the after hours market. A pretty major blunder and as mentioned above the trader ignored all the warnings not to set a limit like this, maybe he/she were trying to setup a buy order up but chose the wrong action instead.

Seller made the same mistake twice at different times each with 448 shares. I always triple check my limit order before I submit . The brokerage also warns you if your bid/ask does not make sense according to the current market price.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8811 posts
1741 upvotes
Shaun80 wrote: Seller made the same mistake twice at different times each with 448 shares. I always triple check my limit order before I submit . The brokerage also warns you if your bid/ask does not make sense according to the current market price.
I can imagine this person being on the phone trying to get these trades reversed which I'm sure can't be undone. It's a hell of a lesson that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Losing money is always painful even more so through stupidity.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Oct 21, 2016
925 posts
686 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote: I can imagine this person being on the phone trying to get these trades reversed which I'm sure can't be undone. It's a hell of a lesson that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Losing money is always painful even more so through stupidity.
Not sure if the buyer would ever consent to have that trade reversed .