Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
RBC

RBC Free Apple Airpods when you open a new Chequing Account

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2020 1:24 pm
Aug 31, 2011
48 posts
Richmond Hill

RBC Free Apple Airpods when you open a new Chequing Account

Deal Link:
Retailer:
RBC
Free Apple Airpods if you are open a new RBC chequeing account, eligable for new customers only.

https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/accounts/c ... ounts.html

I wanted to get it myself but I already do banking with them but just wanted to share with you guys. I never post threads so lmk if I'm not following proper guidelines or format.
21 replies
Oct 11, 2015
933 posts
520 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
with a minimum service charge of $10.95, or 15.95 or $30, for a whole 12 months it come to $131.95. Sorry to say it is not really that great of a deal ( i think one can get the Air Pod for as low as $199?)
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1126 posts
1793 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
Fine print

This offer is to receive a complimentary Apple AirPods. It is only available to permanent Canadian residents who, as of February 28, 2020 do not have, and in the 5 years prior have not had, a Personal Banking Account with Royal Bank of Canada or any of its deposit taking subsidiaries, who as of April 30, 2020 have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside, and who meet all other terms and conditions of the offer. To qualify, you must:

Open a new “Eligible Personal Banking Account” between February 28, 2020 and 9:00 PM Eastern Time on April 30, 2020 (Eligible Personal Banking Accounts include RBC No Limit Banking® account (monthly fee of $10.95 until May 31, 2020; $11.95 effective June 1, 2020); RBC Signature No Limit Banking® account (monthly fee of $15.95); RBC VIP Banking® account (monthly fee of $30); and
Complete at least two of the following by 9:00 PM Eastern Time on June 30, 2020: (i) set up two pre-authorized payments from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account; (ii) set up one automated and recurring payroll or pension direct deposit to your new Eligible Personal Banking Account; (iii) set up two bill payments to a service provider from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
6054 posts
853 upvotes
Markham
i took a quick read...didnt realize the requirement to keep account open for 12 months
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
3454 posts
3971 upvotes
Surrey
I guess the deal's warm. The qualifying accounts all have a fee, and you can't downgrade to a free chequing account for a year, so assuming you open the account with the lowest fee, you'll be paying about $132. Given that airpods have gone on sale for $178 before and that RBC has provided better rewards in the past, I wouldn't recommend going for this offer.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1408 posts
830 upvotes
Ajax
Endlesscc wrote: with a minimum service charge of $10.95, or 15.95 or $30, for a whole 12 months it come to $131.95. Sorry to say it is not really that great of a deal ( i think one can get the Air Pod for as low as $199?)
$189 at Costco currently or if you had a time machine $162 taxes in at staples right before Xmas.
Jan 13, 2020
79 posts
99 upvotes
Endlesscc wrote: with a minimum service charge of $10.95, or 15.95 or $30, for a whole 12 months it come to $131.95. Sorry to say it is not really that great of a deal ( i think one can get the Air Pod for as low as $199?)
Can you get rid of the service charge by keeping a minimum balance?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9733 upvotes
BC
BenD16939 wrote: Can you get rid of the service charge by keeping a minimum balance?
RBC does multi product rebates and not minimum balance I believe. So you'd need a credit card, investment account, and mortgage to get the full rebate on the accounts that qualify.

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/products/de ... ebate.html
Last edited by peakingduck on Feb 28th, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1734 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
BenD16939 wrote: Can you get rid of the service charge by keeping a minimum balance?
I checked and only seems like they get rid of it if you have multiple products with them (credit card, mortgage, investments, etc)
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
3454 posts
3971 upvotes
Surrey
Given that airpods have gone on sale for $178 before and that RBC has provided better rewards in the past, I wouldn't recommend going for this offer.
Oct 11, 2015
933 posts
520 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
RBC is the only big bank at the moment, that does not offer minimum balance for waiving service charges completely; they however do give some discount base on what service you have with them, up to I believe $5.95 or so.
Oct 11, 2015
933 posts
520 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
henrik112 wrote: Given that airpods have gone on sale for $178 before and that RBC has provided better rewards in the past, I wouldn't recommend going for this offer.
Yea even the 10.2 ipad they always offer worth over $370 so those are better deal. This would be ice cold at the moment, unless, you really want the Air Pod and want to have it in "installment"
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2787 upvotes
these offers keep getting worse
May 12, 2019
22 posts
1 upvote
so for 12 months how much would it come up to all in? and can i cancel it after 12 months?
Aug 31, 2011
48 posts
Richmond Hill
Good point! I didn't see that the account has to be active for 12 months, I just saw that I wasn't eligible and didn't read on. I'll update on the main post
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
3638 posts
3016 upvotes
Toronto
Endlesscc wrote: Yea even the 10.2 ipad they always offer worth over $370 so those are better deal. This would be ice cold at the moment, unless, you really want the Air Pod and want to have it in "installment"
Agreed. Would be a different story if they were offering Air Pod Pros. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Oct 11, 2015
933 posts
520 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
blindemboss wrote: Agreed. Would be a different story if they were offering Air Pod Pros. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
I have been with RBC for over 20 years, but unfortunately, they are the worst bank at the moment for deal, from minimum amount in the account to waive fee, or the type of credit card they have, only reason i am still with them is because I have over 300k Avion points and I want them save them for emergency travel.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Where is iPad offer ... LOL ... was same conditions ... but iPad is better and worth more :)
Oct 8, 2016
59 posts
32 upvotes
If you only do online banking and don't actually need in bank stuff from a teller, I'd wait for an offer from Tangerine. They often offer money incentives for opening an account with them. And they have referal benefits where the person opening a new account and their referal person get bonus money.
I left CIBC and bank with them and can't complain.
But honestly, any bank is a step above CIBC no?
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Toweringbarracuda wrote: If you only do online banking and don't actually need in bank stuff from a teller, I'd wait for an offer from Tangerine. They often offer money incentives for opening an account with them. And they have referal benefits where the person opening a new account and their referal person get bonus money.
I left CIBC and bank with them and can't complain.
But honestly, any bank is a step above CIBC no?
No. :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)