RBC Westjet elite MC, $350 westjet dollars, FYF if new bank account

Savings:
$350 FYF
Expiry:
March 31, 2020
Retailer:
RBC
E56EF918-F77C-42FC-A0EE-05E58D645DB9.jpeg
Saw this promo in branch on their TV, couldn’t find any more info online on the first year fee waived part
So went in today to apply

she told me that 1st year annual fee only waived if you are a new client, need to open a PBA (personal banking account) with RBC

I was an existing client, so I wouldn’t qualify

So if you don’t have a RBC account, this is a pretty sweet deal on this card

$350 westjet dollar (as long as you make a purchase within 3 months - doesn’t say any minimum spend)
FYF ($119 value)
$99 travel voucher
First checked bag always free
7 replies
Apr 2, 2018
449 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
Really want to have this card but they need minimum 80k personal income or 150k household :(
Koodo $35/5GB 3 lines, Bell $55/6GB, Public Mobile $10, Freedom Mobile $37.5/8GB, $37.5/5GB, $45/13GB, $45/13GB, Lucky Mobile $15
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1521 posts
607 upvotes
User772911 wrote: Really want to have this card but they need minimum 80k personal income or 150k household :(
There is also an unwritten minimum for the applicant if the remainder of the household income is under 150k. Ie if applicant makes 10k and spouse makes 145k , you won't get it.
Oct 24, 2009
665 posts
581 upvotes
Vancouver
OP, do you know which bank plan it requires? If you are getting VIP plan, the bank plan itself already includes annual fee rebate upto $120 anyway so it's not a limited time promo.. One could combine with $300 chequing promo with this if RBC Signature No Limit Banking is included.
Sep 16, 2012
565 posts
398 upvotes
GTA/London
taya1214 wrote: OP, do you know which bank plan it requires? If you are getting VIP plan, the bank plan itself already includes annual fee rebate upto $120 anyway so it's not a limited time promo.. One could combine with $300 chequing promo with this if RBC Signature No Limit Banking is included.
Would love to know this as well, wondering if the Student Account qualifies...
💳: Amex Pers Plat, Scotia Amex Gold, Rogers WE
[OP]
Apr 1, 2004
352 posts
203 upvotes
DaveProductions wrote: Would love to know this as well, wondering if the Student Account qualifies...
She didn’t say at all, just kept saying ”PBA” which stands for personal banking account

I just have the day to day banking, which the $4 fee is waived coz i have other stuff with rbc as well

If they are trying to get more people to sign up for expensive chequing accounts then wouldn’t it make sense that she’ll want to sell me the credit card AND say a vip account
but she didn’t. simply just told me I dont qualify

so if anyone has the time, try the day to day account?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1154 posts
654 upvotes
Near You
Hot, but bank account has a unwaivable fee, even if you keep a minimum balance.

You need investments and a mortgage with RBC before they waive anything.

Shame, else I'd be in for one.
⬢ American Express Platinum ⬢ TD Aeroplan VI ⬢ Brim ⬢ STACK ⬢ Revolut
TDCT ⬢ HSBC Premier ⬢ Tangerine ⬢ Motive
Fido 15GB/50$ ⬢ Google Fi ⬢ Novus 1GIG/60$
Mar 19, 2018
66 posts
76 upvotes
mistytalon wrote: Hot, but bank account has a unwaivable fee, even if you keep a minimum balance.

You need investments and a mortgage with RBC before they waive anything.

Shame, else I'd be in for one.
The full 4$ fee for the Day to Day chequing can be waived by having any RBC credit card and making a transaction every 90 days and having I think 500$ in RBC investments (I assume this could be a GIC or better a trading account). That account and the card I assume would qualify for this offer for FYF and 350$?

There's also the Day to Day savings account that's free. I'm not sure if this one is eligible. Did anyone just open this savings account only and get the FYF offer?