Hot Deals

[RBC Rewards] Apple Watch SE for 25% off, Series 6 for 15% off

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2021 3:47 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 21, 2001
107 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto

Apple Watch SE for 25% off, Series 6 for 15% off

Deal Link:
Savings:
up to 25%
Expiry:
January 27, 2021
Retailer:
RBC Rewards
Save 25% on Apple Watch SE and 15% on Apple Watch Series 6 today.
Offer until January 27, 2021 11:59 pm ET.
You'll need a minimum amount of points to take advantage of the deal.
18 replies
Newbie
User avatar
Jan 29, 2017
80 posts
52 upvotes
Note that this is for Avion card holders only. Bummer :(
Newbie
Oct 1, 2012
91 posts
34 upvotes
GVR
Do you need to have a RBC bank account to buy? Too bad.
Newbie
Dec 10, 2015
9 posts
2 upvotes
Nepean, ON
Do other banks have something similar or is this unique to RBC. Don't want to create an account just for 25% off...
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 21, 2001
107 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
sikkinixx wrote: Minimum points: sigh.
Yes, agreed. I had held on to points during the gift card sales before Christmas, I’m glad I did! There aren’t many options to get 15% off a Series 6 with a decent selection of models available.
Member
Jan 7, 2015
477 posts
70 upvotes
GVR
What is the minimum number of points required for a 40 or 44mm SE? What is the cash price I'll pay with the minimum?
Jr. Member
Apr 21, 2020
103 posts
108 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
44mm SE
Item: 47,192 Points or $306.75
Taxes: 5,663 Points or $36.81
Total: 52,855 Points or $343.56
Min Points to Use: 10,571 Points
Additional Payment Due: $274.85

40mm SE
Item: 42,576 Points or $276.75
Taxes: 5,109 Points or $33.21
Total: 47,685 Points or $309.96
Min Points to Use: 9,537 Points
Additional Payment Due: $247.96
Newbie
Dec 4, 2019
8 posts
3 upvotes
Tried purchasing a watch using points/CC and the site spits out error "Sorry we are unable to validate your credit card. Please try again."

Called RBC rewards and apparently it's an apple issue. Anyone else been able to order a watch?
Newbie
Nov 25, 2020
10 posts
3 upvotes
Does anyone know if RBC ever does a similar offer like that for MacBooks ? i know there was an iPad offer a while back.

These offers are a great value if you redeem the minimum amount of points, better value per point than redeeming on travel even.
Newbie
Nov 25, 2020
10 posts
3 upvotes
Does anyone know if RBC ever does a similar offer like that for MacBooks ? i know there was an iPad offer a while back.

These offers are a great value if you redeem the minimum amount of points, better value per point than redeeming on travel even.
Newbie
Jan 6, 2011
1 posts
avintador wrote: Tried purchasing a watch using points/CC and the site spits out error "Sorry we are unable to validate your credit card. Please try again."

Called RBC rewards and apparently it's an apple issue. Anyone else been able to order a watch?
I have the same issue. Called Apple twice and RBC 2-3 times and they both point fingers at each other.

The second time I spoke with Apple, they seemed to confirm that the rewards site is in no way powered by Apple, and I think I believe them. RBC customer service is completely useless and just told me to keep trying. They said it could be a problem with the address and to keep trying different things.

Has anyone been able to get their order through?
Newbie
Jun 19, 2013
20 posts
15 upvotes
BC
I managed to purchase it last night in the last hour for the SE. I hope you got your order through, or maybe they'll backdate the promotion for you due to technical difficulties
Newbie
Dec 4, 2019
8 posts
3 upvotes
token08 wrote: I have the same issue. Called Apple twice and RBC 2-3 times and they both point fingers at each other.

The second time I spoke with Apple, they seemed to confirm that the rewards site is in no way powered by Apple, and I think I believe them. RBC customer service is completely useless and just told me to keep trying. They said it could be a problem with the address and to keep trying different things.

Has anyone been able to get their order through?
I called apple as well yesterday and it wasn't their issue. Called back RBC and got bounced around between their online banking and rewards department. Ultimately told it was a website issue and to keep trying. They made a note of my complaint and asked I call back if i wasn't successful.

I tried purchasing intermittently throughout the day with the same issue. I tried this morning after the promotion was over and wouldn't you know it.. it was working.

Called RBC back and again got bounced around until i was back at the rewards and was able to explain what I tried to do and they ended up crediting me the points difference so I could purchase it at the "promo price".

Everyone I spoke with was apologetic and helpful but man was it harder than it needed to be.
Newbie
Jul 11, 2004
20 posts
7 upvotes
GTA
avintador wrote: Tried purchasing a watch using points/CC and the site spits out error "Sorry we are unable to validate your credit card. Please try again."

Called RBC rewards and apparently it's an apple issue. Anyone else been able to order a watch?
I ordered the 6 with minimum points and had no issues.. Ironically I had ordered my wife the watch from Costco last week, when this one arrives I'm just going to return it to Costco and pocket the difference (as in return the new one in box to Costco.. hope the barcode/SKU is the same on the box).
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1693 posts
917 upvotes
Terrible deal for Avion cardholders. If they do another 30% off gift cards offer like in August, each point is worth 1.43 cents. This seems to be valuing points at under 1 cent?
Member
Jan 12, 2007
349 posts
70 upvotes
FishPants wrote: I ordered the 6 with minimum points and had no issues.. Ironically I had ordered my wife the watch from Costco last week, when this one arrives I'm just going to return it to Costco and pocket the difference (as in return the new one in box to Costco.. hope the barcode/SKU is the same on the box).
How much was it with min points?
Newbie
Jul 11, 2004
20 posts
7 upvotes
GTA
vancdeals wrote: How much was it with min points?
$406.48 in Ontario with the minimum points (think it was 15,000 minimum if I recall correctly).

Top