Expired Hot Deals

[RBC Rewards] RBC Avion holders: 30% point refund on round trip flights booked using redemption grid (starts Sep 17)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2018 11:21 pm
[OP]
Dec 14, 2009
27 posts
51 upvotes
Oakville

RBC Avion holders: 30% point refund on round trip flights booked using redemption grid (starts Sep 17)

Expiry:
September 19, 2018
Retailer:
RBC Rewards
A very specific deal, and one I don't think RBC has ever done before. Hope someone benefits here, especially with Christmas travel coming up.

From RBC:
"Book a roundtrip flight from the Air Travel Redemption Schedule using your RBC Rewards points and get back 30% of the points. Offer available from September 17 to 19, 2018."

More details here (MUST BE LOGGED IN TO RBC ONLINE BANKING): https://www1.royalbank.com/sgw1/securea ... avionoffer
Last edited by Son of Eggboy on Sep 14th, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
12 replies
Dec 1, 2012
52 posts
1 upvote
MILTON
likealizee wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 8:57 pm
Error message. Can't open the link.
Have to be logged in the RBC rewards to see it
Dec 23, 2012
87 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
Signed into account: here are the T&Cs:

Terms and Conditions
This offer is available exclusively to RBC® Avion® cardholders for three (3) days beginning September 17, 2018 at 12:01 AM EST and ending September 19, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST (“Offer Period”). The offer applies to a new round trip air travel booking made under the Air Travel Redemption Schedule through RBC Rewards® Travel for travel to be started at least 14 days after the booking date, completed within one (1) year of the booking date and paid for by redeeming RBC Rewards points or with a combination of RBC Rewards points and a credit card charge (“Qualifying Booking”). The offer also applies to RBC Rewards points redeemed to pay for applicable taxes, surcharges and fees for a Qualifying Booking and to any additional RBC Rewards points purchased using a credit card to reach the required number of points for that Qualifying Booking or to cover the difference when the cost of the Qualify Purchase exceeds the Maximum Ticket Price for that flight category. For Air Travel Reward redemption details, visit www.rbcrewards.com/travel. For complete terms and conditions that apply to the RBC Rewards program, please visit www.rbcrewards.com or call 1-800-769-2512.

This offer does not apply to any RBC Rewards redemptions for hotels, car rentals, tours, cruises, vacation packages, or for air flights that are not booked under the Air Travel Redemption Schedule, or to bookings made through third party online retailers or other wholesalers including Carlson Wagonlit Travel. All air travel is subject to availability. The 30% RBC Rewards points “give back” will be applied to your RBC Rewards points balance within four (4) to six (6) weeks of the booking date. If you cancel a Qualifying Booking you will not receive the 30% RBC Rewards “give back” and these points will be subtracted from your RBC Rewards balance if they have been applied prior to the cancellation. This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer. Royal Bank of Canada reserves the right to cancel, modify, or withdraw this offer at any time.

RBC Avion cardholders include RBC clients who hold an RBC® Avion® Visa Infinite Privilege‡, RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege for Private Banking, RBC Visa Infinite‡ Avion, RBC Visa‡ Platinum Avion, RBC Visa Business Platinum Avion, or RBC Commercial Avion Visa account.
Oct 3, 2013
26 posts
11 upvotes
Prince George
There we go. Logging in definitely works.
Dec 1, 2012
52 posts
1 upvote
MILTON
Anyone else have this or had it before ?
Checking flight for Dec holidays I needed to pay $ 655.00 on top of 100000 points but later it become $ 864.00 then 30 min later it is $ 913.00. this is in the last 24 hrs. It is the same flights. Are they doing it to cover the 30 % points bonus?
Jan 24, 2008
418 posts
25 upvotes
Edmonton
Darn, I wish I had waited to book my Christmas vacation flights for today. Would have saved 30% in points (9000). If this is how it works... Never done this before, but seems like you just get back 30% of the points you use? Making this a pretty good deal since now a short haul flight would be 15000 points - 4500 = 10500. And if you earn 1pt per $, that's a much better return for the points. (Dependent on the flights but usually flights are like $200-350.) Maximum 3.33% back...
Mar 13, 2005
592 posts
187 upvotes
Held off booking tickets through Avion for some reason and now glad I did as that points savings has me thinking of booking another, so I will have those "bonus" points available for yet another flight in a few more months. This may make our March Break even easier! Thanks, OP.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1046 posts
592 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Of course I booked 7 days ago.... :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1579 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto
fishing4one wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 5:11 pm
Anyone else have this or had it before ?
Checking flight for Dec holidays I needed to pay $ 655.00 on top of 100000 points but later it become $ 864.00 then 30 min later it is $ 913.00. this is in the last 24 hrs. It is the same flights. Are they doing it to cover the 30 % points bonus?
Same airline? (sorry misread your post) I didn't notice any changes in costs and I've been looking over the past couple of weeks.

Depending on the airline the taxes are significantly less.
I was able to book one with 145 of tax vs 600 air canada would have costed.
Jun 5, 2007
443 posts
126 upvotes
North York
BornToSave wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 7:58 am
Of course I booked 7 days ago.... :facepalm:
Not born to save after all :p
May 6, 2011
49 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto