• May 21st, 2020 11:20 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 5, 2017
466 posts
239 upvotes

RBC - walmart online not 2% cash back

Just wanted to post this in case anyone didn't already know, I had thought since I was still purchasing from walmart although not in person that I'd get the 2% cash back because it would be the same category and there were groceries included... But this isn't true. Just found out the hard way and wanted to share so others can use a better card when purchasing online Slightly Smiling Face
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
4090 posts
2327 upvotes
pawprints86 wrote: Just wanted to post this in case anyone didn't already know, I had thought since I was still purchasing from walmart although not in person that I'd get the 2% cash back because it would be the same category and there were groceries included... But this isn't true. Just found out the hard way and wanted to share so others can use a better card when purchasing online Slightly Smiling Face
This is true for all online stores like.
Jul 20, 2017
729 posts
831 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: This is true for all online stores like.
Nah, PC express online grocery purchases code properly as grocery across all my cards.
Nov 22, 2012
560 posts
549 upvotes
NS
pawprints86 wrote: Just wanted to post this in case anyone didn't already know, I had thought since I was still purchasing from walmart although not in person that I'd get the 2% cash back because it would be the same category and there were groceries included... But this isn't true. Just found out the hard way and wanted to share so others can use a better card when purchasing online Slightly Smiling Face
With Mastercard, only in store Walmart supercenter purchases code as grocery.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2126 posts
1624 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for sharing OP.
jevonb wrote: With Mastercard, only in store Walmart supercenter purchases code as grocery.
You are right and its just Mastercard (except CTFS) in store for Walmart Supercenters, all other scenarios are almost disqualified from the grocery multiplier, examples are AMEX, Visa (even in store).
[OP]
Sep 5, 2017
466 posts
239 upvotes
martydxb wrote: You are right and its just Mastercard (except CTFS) in store for Walmart Supercenters, all other scenarios are almost disqualified from the grocery multiplier, examples are AMEX, Visa (even in store).
In my case zehrs online properly charges as grocery too, only Walmart hasn't, that I've come across anyway.

Just curious, do you mean ctfs charges Walmart online as grocery, or do you mean to use ctfs even in store it's still not considered grocery?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7884 posts
8193 upvotes
The Prairies
pawprints86 wrote: In my case zehrs online properly charges as grocery too, only Walmart hasn't, that I've come across anyway.

Just curious, do you mean ctfs charges Walmart online as grocery, or do you mean to use ctfs even in store it's still not considered grocery?
CTWE earns 3% on grocery store purchases, but they explicitly exclude WalMart purchases from earning 3%.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2017
466 posts
239 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: CTWE earns 3% on grocery store purchases, but they explicitly exclude WalMart purchases from earning 3%.
Would they rather you use their card at a whopping 1.25%? Lol
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2126 posts
1624 upvotes
GTA
pawprints86 wrote: In my case zehrs online properly charges as grocery too, only Walmart hasn't, that I've come across anyway.

I meant to say ctfs does not count Walmart superstores as grocery purchased even though they are a MasterCard and other MasterCards do. It's a manual override on their end and in their terms.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2126 posts
1624 upvotes
GTA
pawprints86 wrote: Would they rather you use their card at a whopping 1.25%? Lol
Lol indeed, it's a really lame card... It's not even 1.25% if you really to get into the details since it's the subtotal before taxes!!!

Even those who don't qualify for the ctfs we mc can get a regular rbc cashback or bmo cashback MasterCard at no fee and get 2% at Walmart.