[OP]
Nov 14, 2014
33 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

RBC to WestJet points conversion bonus Feb.1 to 28

Expiry:
February 28, 2018
Special limited time offer – convert your RBC Rewards points between February 1 and February 28, 2018 and receive 15% more WestJet dollars.†

Promotional bonus WestJet dollars expire one year from date of issue.

All eligible RBC Royal Bank® cardholders and other clients that earn RBC Rewards®points have the option of converting their points** into WestJet dollars‡ which can be applied like cash towards WestJet marketed and operated flights and WestJet Vacations‡ packages, at any time, for travel to any of WestJet's destinations in North America, Mexico, Hawaii and the Caribbean - even during seat sales!

WestJet Rewards members have the flexibility to use their WestJet dollars to either pay in full or partially pay for their bookings without any advance booking requirements or availability/pricing restrictions~.
13 replies
Mar 17, 2014
459 posts
140 upvotes
Vancouver
wow, great timing. i just switched to westjet mastercard from rbc and have to use my rbc visa rewards points. will check this out, tyanks op
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8570 posts
1052 upvotes
I just did a calculation as I’m booking for December.

Rbc to fly to Vancouver in decmber is 35k + $200 taxes.
WestJet is $761 wjd + $220 taxes

Transfer is 35k rbc = $350 wjd * 15%. = $400 wjd.

So not so good, especially going within Canada or continental USA. Plus they expire 1yr.
Not a very good deal.
Sep 12, 2012
761 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto
r1lee wrote: I just did a calculation as I’m booking for December.

So not so good, especially going within Canada or continental USA. Plus they expire 1yr.
Not a very good deal.
With the RBC points, you don't have to use the redemption schedule for booking travel. You can also book travel for 100 points for every dollar. Sometimes it comes out cheaper this way because it covers the taxes as well.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8570 posts
1052 upvotes
hamandcheese wrote: With the RBC points, you don't have to use the redemption schedule for booking travel. You can also book travel for 100 points for every dollar. Sometimes it comes out cheaper this way because it covers the taxes as well.
To use 100pts for every dollar, that would be a ripoff. A $800 ticket is going to cost you 80k rbc points, but I guess it really depends on when you travel and the cost of the ticket. Usually I max out the max value. Any other time, I just pay out of pocket.
Oct 7, 2006
25 posts
12 upvotes
Priddis
cstickee wrote: Special limited time offer – convert your RBC Rewards points between February 1 and February 28, 2018 and receive 15% more WestJet dollars.†

Promotional bonus WestJet dollars expire one year from date of issue.

All eligible RBC Royal Bank® cardholders and other clients that earn RBC Rewards®points have the option of converting their points** into WestJet dollars‡ which can be applied like cash towards WestJet marketed and operated flights and WestJet Vacations‡ packages, at any time, for travel to any of WestJet's destinations in North America, Mexico, Hawaii and the Caribbean - even during seat sales!

WestJet Rewards members have the flexibility to use their WestJet dollars to either pay in full or partially pay for their bookings without any advance booking requirements or availability/pricing restrictions~.
Do you have a link for this, I'd like to read the fine print.

For the comments about it being a bad deal, don't get avion rewards points and RBC rewards points mixed up. As I recently discovered, RBC rewards can only be redeemed for dollar values, where as avion rewards can fly you to Vancouver from Calgary for 35,000 points.
[OP]
Nov 14, 2014
33 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
gbc02 wrote: Do you have a link for this, I'd like to read the fine print.

For the comments about it being a bad deal, don't get avion rewards points and RBC rewards points mixed up. As I recently discovered, RBC rewards can only be redeemed for dollar values, where as avion rewards can fly you to Vancouver from Calgary for 35,000 points.
Link

Offer is available from February 1 to February 28, 2018. Promotional bonus WestJet dollars expire one year from date of issue. You must be a member of the WestJet Rewards program to convert RBC Rewards points and your WestJet dollars account must be in the same name as the eligible RBC Royal Bank credit card account that earns RBC Rewards points. Please allow up to 4 weeks for your RBC Rewards points to be converted and for your WestJet dollars to appear in your WestJet dollars account. Once RBC Rewards points are converted to WestJet dollars, they must remain in the WestJet Rewards program and they may not be reversed/returned or converted back to RBC Rewards points. A minimum of 1,000 RBC Rewards points must be converted each time. For every 100 RBC Rewards points which is converted, you will receive 1 WestJet dollar. Once the RBC Rewards points have been converted to WestJet dollars, they are subject to the full WestJet Rewards terms and conditions including, but not limited to, those pertaining to WestJet dollars expiry, flight booking, seat availability and blackout periods. WestJet, not Royal Bank of Canada, is responsible for WestJet Rewards. Visit www.westjet.com/rewards for full program terms and conditions.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1201 posts
362 upvotes
This might be good if you’re using WJD with a coupon or if there’s a sale otherwise it seems RBC points are a much better value
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2016
1376 posts
1020 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
This is pretty lame and year over year they get even worse with their “bonus”. I remember when it was 25% bonus then 20% now only 15%
Aug 20, 2007
157 posts
184 upvotes
r1lee wrote: I just did a calculation as I’m booking for December.

Not a very good deal.
Not saying this is a good deal, but your calculation isn't really fair since you're using the RBC adjacent province special which in general is the most efficient way to redeem RBC points. Basically you're not comparing apples to apples.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade
Nov 30, 2016
380 posts
329 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
Converted my points a few days ago dammit...
Jan 8, 2012
625 posts
384 upvotes
Williams Lake
Not worth starting a new thread, so I'll tack this on here:

Westjet are currently offering the periodic $50 Westjet dollar bonus to select customers. Expires in 2 days.

Check your e-mail.
Oct 11, 2018
1 posts
This promotion has always ran in February and October. It’s october and there is no RBC to WestJet conversion promotion on! Anyone know why? Has WestJet cancelled this for good?