Expired Hot Deals

[RBC] WestJet World Elite Mastercard sign up bonus - 100 WestJet dollars

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2020 8:06 pm
Tags:
Newbie
Apr 1, 2016
55 posts
32 upvotes
drtmrcht wrote: still waiting for my voucher.. it's been like 12 days since i made by 1st purchase.
Posts a couple days after the first statement along with the WJDs.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3630 posts
412 upvotes
After googling about silver tier, they also have a link to the FYF + Silver tier bonus on the westjet website. Although it also says you need to go through the email.

Hoping to hear back from others whether they got the FYF + Silver tier.

Here's the link on westjet website. Click on the special promo.
https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/rewards/tiers/silver
Sr. Member
Jul 21, 2007
665 posts
230 upvotes
Winnipeg
I applied ~4 weeks ago. Got the card 1 week later, with FYF right away
Companion voucher and 250 WJ dollars showed up a few days ago
Silver status showed up today
Jr. Member
Feb 16, 2007
188 posts
121 upvotes
Aug 18th - Applied
Aug 29th - Rec'd card & made a transaction
Sept 13th - Rec'd Silver status

Still waiting on companion voucher and WJ dollars.
Newbie
Jan 27, 2017
75 posts
22 upvotes
Seems like RBC downgraded the benefits? It’s only a $199.99 credit now not free companion, and $50 credit. No mention of free luggage checkin.

Is this true???
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5286 posts
4267 upvotes
smartcdn2 wrote: Seems like RBC downgraded the benefits? It’s only a $199.99 credit now not free companion, and $50 credit. No mention of free luggage checkin.

Is this true???
Where are you seeing this?

Are you looking at the regular non WE WestJet RBC MC?
Newbie
Jan 27, 2017
75 posts
22 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: Where are you seeing this?

Are you looking at the regular non WE WestJet RBC MC?
Email offer. Copied and pasted below.

Get this credit card and receive an annual round-trip companion voucher for travel within Canada for $199 CAD (plus taxes, fees and charges).• You can use your companion voucher on any WestJet flight within Canada, including fares in our Premium cabin. And as a WestJet RBC® Mastercard‡ cardholder, you can also look forward to:

✔ 50 WestJet dollars after your first purchase.•
✔ 1.5% back in WestJet dollars on WestJet flights or WestJet Vacations packages.~
✔ 1% back in WestJet dollars on everyday purchases.~
✔ No blackouts so you can travel on any available WestJet flight.

It all adds up to travel savings.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5286 posts
4267 upvotes
smartcdn2 wrote: Email offer. Copied and pasted below.

Get this credit card and receive an annual round-trip companion voucher for travel within Canada for $199 CAD (plus taxes, fees and charges).• You can use your companion voucher on any WestJet flight within Canada, including fares in our Premium cabin. And as a , you can also look forward to:

✔ 50 WestJet dollars after your first purchase.•
✔ 1.5% back in WestJet dollars on WestJet flights or WestJet Vacations packages.~
✔ 1% back in WestJet dollars on everyday purchases.~
✔ No blackouts so you can travel on any available WestJet flight.

It all adds up to travel savings.
No need to keep on posting in all the rbc wj mc threads....

It mentions "WestJet RBC® Mastercard‡ cardholder"

So it's not talking about the World Elite card.
Member
Oct 26, 2011
425 posts
186 upvotes
Anyone get a screenshot of the $250 + FYF + silver terms? My co-worker signed up but didn't get silver (she got the $250 + FYF though) and is trying to get RBC/WJ to fix the silver portion. She can't find the screenshot she took.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1314 posts
247 upvotes
Mississauga
chreds wrote: Anyone get a screenshot of the $250 + FYF + silver terms? My co-worker signed up but didn't get silver (she got the $250 + FYF though) and is trying to get RBC/WJ to fix the silver portion. She can't find the screenshot she took.
Same thing happend to me. both of our cards were received $250 but no silver status. Sent secured message to WJ and they responded back saying they will contact the RBC to confirm the offer.
Well, i did applied when there was $350 WJD promotion though.
Sr. Member
Mar 1, 2014
534 posts
645 upvotes
Phonophoresis wrote: Baggage is never purchased in advance with WestJet. You do so at check-in (at T-24 hrs), and provided your WJ account is linked to your credit card, it will automatically waive the baggage fee for all tickets on the primary cardholder's itinerary.
Do you have to charge the ticket on the RBC WestJet card to waive the baggage fee? It appears that's not required according to the disclaimers -

"Valid for primary cardholders of the WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard and up to eight (8) additional guests travelling on the same reservation; not valid for companions when travelling on a group booking (10+ guests on the same reservation). Eligible member’s 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID must be on the reservation at the time of check-in. Valid on itineraries marketed and wholly operated by WestJet; not valid when travelling with WestJet’s code-share or interline partners. Size and weight of baggage must comply with WestJet’s standard checked baggage allowance. Any piece of baggage exceeding the size or weight allowance is subject to all applicable oversized weight and size restrictions and fees. "

Anyone can confirm that from experience? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1013 posts
501 upvotes
Vancouver
gshrfd wrote: Do you have to charge the ticket on the RBC WestJet card to waive the baggage fee? It appears that's not required according to the disclaimers -

"Valid for primary cardholders of the WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard and up to eight (8) additional guests travelling on the same reservation; not valid for companions when travelling on a group booking (10+ guests on the same reservation). Eligible member’s 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID must be on the reservation at the time of check-in. Valid on itineraries marketed and wholly operated by WestJet; not valid when travelling with WestJet’s code-share or interline partners. Size and weight of baggage must comply with WestJet’s standard checked baggage allowance. Any piece of baggage exceeding the size or weight allowance is subject to all applicable oversized weight and size restrictions and fees. "

Anyone can confirm that from experience? Thanks.
There is no need to pay for the tickets with the RBC WestJet card to qualify for baggage fee waiver. I haven't charged anything to my card in a long time and use the free baggage perk regularly...
Sr. Member
Oct 3, 2013
957 posts
1183 upvotes
gshrfd wrote: Do you have to charge the ticket on the RBC WestJet card to waive the baggage fee? It appears that's not required according to the disclaimers -

"Valid for primary cardholders of the WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard and up to eight (8) additional guests travelling on the same reservation; not valid for companions when travelling on a group booking (10+ guests on the same reservation). Eligible member’s 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID must be on the reservation at the time of check-in. Valid on itineraries marketed and wholly operated by WestJet; not valid when travelling with WestJet’s code-share or interline partners. Size and weight of baggage must comply with WestJet’s standard checked baggage allowance. Any piece of baggage exceeding the size or weight allowance is subject to all applicable oversized weight and size restrictions and fees. "

Anyone can confirm that from experience? Thanks.
As the above poster said, the baggage fee is waived if your WestJet ID is registered to the WE M/C, so no need to pay with it.

I had the WE M/C code erroneously left on my WestJet ID for about 2 years. Got free bags even though I didn't hold it. Eventually they found out.
Sr. Member
Mar 1, 2014
534 posts
645 upvotes
AEmgee wrote: There is no need to pay for the tickets with the RBC WestJet card to qualify for baggage fee waiver. I haven't charged anything to my card in a long time and use the free baggage perk regularly...
Phonophoresis wrote: As the above poster said, the baggage fee is waived if your WestJet ID is registered to the WE M/C, so no need to pay with it.

I had the WE M/C code erroneously left on my WestJet ID for about 2 years. Got free bags even though I didn't hold it. Eventually they found out.
Thank you both for the confirmation.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2016
2013 posts
1331 upvotes
Ottawa
Our family of four has a round trip to Florida via a Westjet flight at the end of January. I think we'll check 2-3 bags each way, which would come to $120-150 total in baggage fees, so I'm considering signing up for this card. It looks like they don't currently have FYF or automatic Silver level, but you do get $250 + $100 Westjet dollars. Should I sign up now (the checked baggage fees I save would cover the annual fee) - or wait and see if a FYF/Silver level offer comes in the next month or two?
Last edited by cappaj on Nov 4th, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK

Top