• Sep 14th, 2017 2:29 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 16, 2015
136 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto

RBC: What is a sundry credit?

Looking over my accounts, there's a deposit of 3000$ - Sundry credit. What is a sundry credit and from whom is it?
10 replies
Feb 17, 2017
858 posts
534 upvotes
Calgary
It just means it's a miscellaneous deposit. It changes within a working day or two to show where it came from.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2298 posts
882 upvotes
Sudbury
I had the same thing in my RBC Account via my web browser. When I logged into the iPhone app is displayed it as the correct name (Child Care Benefit).

Try logging in with your mobile app to see if it will tell you the proper name...worked for me!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4375 posts
1427 upvotes
No, you didn't pass GO and somehow got free money from the bank.
May 8, 2016
56 posts
10 upvotes
Same thing with my RBC online banking last Thursday, I know for sure it's direct deposit from my company, so just don't bother lol
Oct 11, 2010
954 posts
292 upvotes
Charlottetown
Was recently wondering the same thing, it turned out to be Child care benefit payment.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4682 posts
3842 upvotes
TheSandman1 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 2:31 am
Looking over my accounts, there's a deposit of 3000$ - Sundry credit. What is a sundry credit and from whom is it?
Although the question has been already answered, I thought I'd add this vocabulary lesson :)

The word 'sundry' is defined as "several or various; miscellaneous". It comes from the Old English word syndrig, which means 'separate'
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1742 posts
1195 upvotes
I believe RBC is updating the description on a number of different transactions displayed in online banking (desktop version), based on a message I had in my inbox a few days ago.
Jul 28, 2012
955 posts
351 upvotes
Montreal
13inches wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 8:05 am
I believe RBC is updating the description on a number of different transactions displayed in online banking (desktop version), based on a message I had in my inbox a few days ago.
That message means that short descriptions will be replaced with longer descriptions like on the statements. For example "PTB WD" will become "ATM Withdrawal" and "WWW Transfer" will be "Online Banking Transfer".

However, AFAIK, transaction processing remains the same. When transactions are processed during the day, a temporary decription appears, often with no details. For example "Interac Purchase" (formerly "IDP Purchase") without the name of the merchant, or like in this case, "Sundry Credit" instead of "Child Benefit Payment - Canada". The full description only appears the day after (or the day after the next business day).
Apr 16, 2012
6 posts
Kirkland
From RBC's mouth.
" The day that the direct deposit is credited, it may show as a sundry credit . However, once processing is completed overnight, the details of the deposit are listed with the name of the depositor."