Computers & Electronics

RCA Roku tv vs RCA smart tv 50 inch

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2022 2:17 pm
Oct 3, 2022
1 posts

RCA Roku tv vs RCA smart tv 50 inch

Hi there
I need help. My old RCA tv broke and I need another one right away.

These are my two choices. Both at Canadian tire. The one that is on sale for $369, the actual price is $479.

The other tv (the one with Roku tv) is for $349 (it’s in the little writing with the yellow circle) but I have no idea what the regular price is. They just listed while quantities last.

Does anyone have any one of these TVs?

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks in advance
Images
  • 094C782F-30DC-4687-B661-2B0EA3236879.png
  • E312A3BF-50A8-43E7-912A-D6A5BF38BC9C.png
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
Probably nobody knows unless they recently bought both and compared. RCA is a lowest-end brand that uses whatever panel they can source cheapest in the market, different from one model to the next. Take a look in the store - if it seems ok, be grateful for the low price. Forget the built-in smart system and spend a few $ more for a Firestick in the upcoming Amazon sale.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12013 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
the roku based will be more secure than android base for cheap china brands. Roku like amazon does in house support for their products to keep up with security updates. Android doesn't and is entirely up to the brand name to do so not google and nor does google enforce it either which companies like mediatek have outed google at times for that very reason.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2007
1657 posts
1316 upvotes
Mississauga
Jennyjones wrote: Hi there
I need help. My old RCA tv broke and I need another one right away.

These are my two choices. Both at Canadian tire. The one that is on sale for $369, the actual price is $479.

The other tv (the one with Roku tv) is for $349 (it’s in the little writing with the yellow circle) but I have no idea what the regular price is. They just listed while quantities last.

Does anyone have any one of these TVs?

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks in advance
get the cheaper one as at this price I doubt it will be much difference.. they both will do Netflix, and most popular streaming services if you have
you can always get a firestick/googletv/upgraded roku dongle in the future if you need