Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3848 upvotes

10c/L off petrol + 3% back with PC MC World

Went to fillup to my local RCSS and I noticed more points earned than usual. Upon closer inspection, the receipt shows a 10c/L rebate.

I have not read about this anywhere, so not sure if this is region specific (I'm in the west) or until how long (I assume it's until end of weekend like the previous times).

But a great time to fillup your tank this weekend. 10c/L off + 3% if you have the PC MC World. I filled up 35L, paid $29.83, and got 4.4$ in points back. That's almost 15% cashback.
74 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5707 posts
2924 upvotes
Winnipeg
Here in MB 10.5 c/L all the time at RCSS with PC MC. 3.5 cents for other types of payment
Nothing new...
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1947 posts
581 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
thanks OP. A 15% return is pretty darn good for me. I shop at RCSS so this is great.
Even Co-op doesn't have a 15% return in Winnipeg
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
3115 posts
1010 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
If you are filling a BMW, General Motors, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz or Audi you might want to check your owner's manual for recommended fuel. I don't believe RCSS's gasoline meets the standard. There may be locations that are the exception.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5707 posts
2924 upvotes
Winnipeg
Marzipan wrote: If you are filling a BMW, General Motors, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz or Audi you might want to check your owner's manual for recommended fuel. I don't believe RCSS's gasoline meets the standard. There may be locations that are the exception.
for Hyundai, just need to add the additive
[OP]
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3848 upvotes
Marzipan wrote: If you are filling a BMW, General Motors, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz or Audi you might want to check your owner's manual for recommended fuel. I don't believe RCSS's gasoline meets the standard. There may be locations that are the exception.
Detergents don't clean the valves on GDI for carbon buildup.

Also, if you are worried, just add a bottle of fuel treatment every 12000km (although really it won't matter).
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
3115 posts
1010 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
Messerschmitt wrote: Detergents don't clean the valves on GDI for carbon buildup.

Also, if you are worried, just add a bottle of fuel treatment every 12000km (although really it won't matter).
Is this advice from an authority, like a vehicle manufacturer or a gasoline producer? Or is it a consumer's opinion?
Oct 31, 2007
310 posts
161 upvotes
Winnipeg
Wpegger wrote: Here in MB 10.5 c/L all the time at RCSS with PC MC. 3.5 cents for other types of payment
Nothing new...
+1 on that, been pumping up at RCSS for many years now, points add up real fast!
Apr 30, 2006
33 posts
7 upvotes
Saskatoon
can confirm it was 10c/L for us as wel (in SK as well)
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15168 posts
6181 upvotes
This is hot but I can only find two locations in the GTA unfortunately and I don't know if the offer even applies here.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3848 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: This is hot but I can only find two locations in the GTA unfortunately and I don't know if the offer even applies here.
Just phone the gas bar and ask them. Or take a drive (if it's not too far).
Aug 23, 2015
469 posts
355 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
It was 7 cents in Edmonton when I filled yesterday. 3.5 cents for everyone and bonus 3.5 cents for PC Plus. Nothing extra for MC.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2530 posts
1285 upvotes
Edmonton
NetBOG wrote: It was 7 cents in Edmonton when I filled yesterday. 3.5 cents for everyone and bonus 3.5 cents for PC Plus. Nothing extra for MC.
most RCSS in Edmonton have 7 cents off like you mentioned with the PC card. The Clareview location is ALWAYS 10.5c..........
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7031 posts
2677 upvotes
Calgary
It's always 7 cents off using PC MC here in Calgary as well.
Dec 22, 2013
930 posts
222 upvotes
EDMONTON
frankmp wrote: most RCSS in Edmonton have 7 cents off like you mentioned with the PC card. The Clareview location is ALWAYS 10.5c..........
That's my experience as well. Most Superstore's are 7c with PC MC or Debit, 3.5c without. Clareview is the only one that gives 10.5 c, not sure why.
Jan 25, 2013
6 posts
Winnipeg
Am I missing something here? I have the PC Mastercard world elite and I thought that I only get 3% back in PC points at Esso gas stations AND it has to be premium fuel. I know you get the Superbucks at the gas bar.

When I first got my WE Mastercard I asked if I would get the 3% at the superstore gas bar and they told me no!
Feb 3, 2013
594 posts
250 upvotes
Field BC
7 cents off at Calgary and BC stations I've been to. 3.5c for all , +3.5c for PCMC holders.

SS is usually 3.5c higher than Costco, less 7 cents + 3% return for PCMC World cardholders.

Also don't forget to use tap to pay feature. It has almost instant response. You just tape it twice and it is ready to pump within seconds.
Mar 19, 2006
985 posts
385 upvotes
There are a limited number of refineries that provide fuel for retail use and they all have to meet CGSB standards. Because of the logistics of gasoline supply I would be very surprised if RCSS fuel is not just ESSO, Shell or Petrocan that they have contracted. Top tier fuel is a gimmick (IMHO) and a self-regulating organization.

Bottom line, you are not going to hurt your engine or void your warranty by filling up at RCSS.

I used to do fuel testing for a living so I know the industry well.