Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Superstore

RCSS clearance games $5, $10, $15

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2010 3:09 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1355 posts
44 upvotes

[Superstore] RCSS clearance games $5, $10, $15

More offers from Superstore
Picked up Babiez for the Wii at $5. Primarilly the PS2 games were $5. Saw Final Fantasy for the Wii and DS at $10, and Ultimate Alliance at $15 for the PS3. Their were many more games but these were the ones I noticed. This was at the aurora RCSS.
48 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 30, 2009
10392 posts
2189 upvotes
Aurora
antman59 wrote: Picked up Babiez for the Wii at $5. Primarilly the PS2 games were $5. Saw Final Fantasy for the Wii and DS at $10, and Ultimate Alliance at $15 for the PS3. Their were many more games but these were the ones I noticed. This was at the aurora RCSS.
This is why our RCSS (Aurora) sucks most of those are garbage titles with no tiv lol.
signature removed for rule violations
Jul 9, 2009
760 posts
223 upvotes
yoda12320 wrote: This is why our RCSS (Aurora) sucks most of those are garbage titles with no tiv lol.
5 bucks for a game to PLAY is good for a lot of people.
Deal Guru
Aug 30, 2009
10392 posts
2189 upvotes
Aurora
minuterice wrote: 5 bucks for a game to PLAY is good for a lot of people.
Yep but not when you're looking for trade fodder with a 8+ tiv lol. Usually are crap games their trying to get rid of and have a low tiv at EB.
signature removed for rule violations
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
yoda12320 wrote: Yep but not when you're looking for trade fodder with a 8+ tiv lol. Usually are crap games their trying to get rid of and have a low tiv at EB.
RFD jumped the shark when all these horders/resellers came into RFD.

For those of whom actually like to buy games to PLAY and not resell I recommend boycotting EB Games for making all this BS happen.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2007
4439 posts
109 upvotes
minuterice wrote: 5 bucks for a game to PLAY is good for a lot of people.
There are alternatives(instead of paying $5-$15) for playing OLD games like these, like borrowing from your local libraries is an option! :D
Jul 9, 2009
760 posts
223 upvotes
yoda12320 wrote: Yep but not when you're looking for trade fodder with a 8+ tiv lol. Usually are crap games their trying to get rid of and have a low tiv at EB.
so what if they have a crap tiv? no need to thread crap and call this garbage when clearly 5 bucks is good for someone looking for a few games for their kids or something.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
NG wrote: RFD jumped the shark when all these horders/resellers came into RFD.

For those of whom actually like to buy games to PLAY and not resell I recommend boycotting EB Games for making all this BS happen.
What the heck does EB have to do with this? People who buy games solely for their TIV are statistical outliers and do not affect any retailer's pricing policies (other than perhaps EB itself)

Why would anyone boycott EB where they have some excellent promos and sales? I am about to trade in my Wii for $150 - who else has a TIV anywhere near that? I bought a bunch of MGS4 LEs for $9.99 last summer - who else had that price? I can trade hundreds of games that are worthless elsewhere and get the latest titles via T2 or T3 deals.

Seems like you have your own agenda...
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1045 posts
346 upvotes
YEG
NG wrote: RFD jumped the shark when all these horders/resellers came into RFD.

I've already boycotted EB Games for over a year now, since TIV hoarders have become the norm at RFD. I also don't post any game deals here anymore, sadly, because TIV hoarders ruin the experience for everyone. I hate not contributing to RFD, but that's become reality thanks to folks who play the TIV game.

As for the deal - I'm going to check out my local RCSS for a copy of Final Fantasy (which game in the series?) for the DS.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
archimed wrote: I've already boycotted EB Games for over a year now, since TIV hoarders have become the norm at RFD.
I don't see the connection you're making.
archimed wrote: I also don't post any game deals here anymore, sadly, because TIV hoarders ruin the experience for everyone. I hate not contributing to RFD, but that's become reality thanks to folks who play the TIV game.
This, I can understand. It really is a shame...
Apr 9, 2010
173 posts
11 upvotes
GTA
NG wrote: And that's why a lot of ppl should boycott EB Games till they get rid of or revamp the TIV system.
I've already boycotted EB Games for over a year now, since TIV hoarders have become the norm at RFD. I also don't post any game deals here anymore, sadly, because TIV hoarders ruin the experience for everyone. I hate not contributing to RFD, but that's become reality thanks to folks who play the TIV game.
You guys should also boycott FS/BB/WM/Staples/TSCC/Zellers/RCSS/BBV/RP.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2002
3005 posts
173 upvotes
Captain Snazzypants wrote: I don't see the connection you're making.
+1 - why boycott a store when its the users/abusers/traders/hoarders that annoy you?

If there's a game I want, I'll go to where I can get the best deal, unless the best deal is shady or is at a place that's mismanaged or has employees/management that I don't like or agree with.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
Migger wrote: +1 - why boycott a store when its the users/abusers/traders/hoarders that annoy you?

If there's a game I want, I'll go to where I can get the best deal, unless the best deal is shady or is at a place that's mismanaged or has employees/management that I don't like or agree with.
I guess this is where people are making their stand, like my Dad who refuses to ever step foot in a Walmart due to their HR policies and cuthroat tactics (they actually take life insurance policies out on their own staff - only the sickly looking ones, or the ones who just "happen to" work all that overtime...)

I suppose that is valid, but I'm with you - I go where the best deal is, period.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
Grouper wrote: You guys should also boycott FS/BB/WM/Staples/TSCC/Zellers/RCSS/BBV/RP.
EB Games seems to be the hotspot crowd for the horders which implies they give the best rates thus making hording/reselling all the more attractive.

But 1/2 of your list doesn't make sense since, to my knowledge, Best Buy, Zellers, RCSS, Wal-Mart, TSCC and Staples don't even buy games from customers. So just trolling?
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
DIODIO wrote: There are alternatives(instead of paying $5-$15) for playing OLD games like these, like borrowing from your local libraries is an option! :D
Return one a day or two late and it could have been cheaper to BUY it!
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
4374 posts
210 upvotes
Captain Snazzypants wrote: I guess this is where people are making their stand, like my Dad who refuses to ever step foot in a Walmart due to their HR policies and cuthroat tactics (they actually take life insurance policies out on their own staff - only the sickly looking ones, or the ones who just "happen to" work all that overtime...)

I suppose that is valid, but I'm with you - I go where the best deal is, period.
But what is the beef with EB? Because they accept trade ins? I'm not a hoarder but I love EB's trade deals, its saved me tons of money, and I'm just a casual gamer.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1045 posts
346 upvotes
YEG
archimed wrote: I've already boycotted EB Games for over a year now, since TIV hoarders have become the norm at RFD.
Captain Snazzypants wrote: I don't see the connection you're making.
You're right - I should have expanded on this. What I should have said was that the TIV system at EB encourages people to hoard games only for the TIV, resell them to EB, after which EB resells them as "used" for a higher price than a person would pay at a retail store where they are on sale new. The end result is that EB sits on a huge inventory of used games that are being sold to honest customers at a higher price than they would have had to pay (new) at the store.

For example: Uncharted 2 goes on sale at RCSS for $29.99, of which they have 10 copies. It sells out completely by the evening, and mysteriously, 8 used copies show up that same day at the Rogers Plus and EB Games down the street and are now selling ("used") for $49.99.

That means there are 8 gamers out there who are being screwed out of $20 just because a handful of greedy RFDers can't exhibit some self-control. It also happens because EB Games/Rogers Plus/etc turn a blind eye to the practice, because they can acquire inventory at dirt-cheap prices AND force RFDers to buy their games solely from them.

In the end, BB/RP have created a niche for TIV hoarders to act as "middle men" and derive profits from OTHER customers who are forced to be hyperinflated prices for used games. And in my opinion, fücking over other RFDers is against the ENTIRE spirit of these forums.

Just my $0.02 since you asked for some clarification.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2099 posts
1824 upvotes
AB
archimed wrote: You're right - I should have expanded on this. What I should have said was that the TIV system at EB encourages people to hoard games only for the TIV, resell them to EB, after which EB resells them as "used" for a higher price than a person would pay at a retail store where they are on sale new. The end result is that EB sits on a huge inventory of used games that are being sold to honest customers at a higher price than they would have had to pay (new) at the store.

For example: Uncharted 2 goes on sale at RCSS for $29.99, of which they have 10 copies. It sells out completely by the evening, and mysteriously, 8 used copies show up that same day at the Rogers Plus and EB Games down the street and are now selling ("used") for $49.99.

That means there are 8 gamers out there who are being screwed out of $20 just because a handful of greedy RFDers can't exhibit some self-control. It also happens because EB Games/Rogers Plus/etc turn a blind eye to the practice, because they can acquire inventory at dirt-cheap prices AND force RFDers to buy their games solely from them.

In the end, BB/RP have created a niche for TIV hoarders to act as "middle men" and derive profits from OTHER customers who are forced to be hyperinflated prices for used games. And in my opinion, fücking over other RFDers is against the ENTIRE spirit of these forums.

Just my $0.02 since you asked for some clarification.
[IMG]http://yaflamingalah.files.wordpress.co ... 2/yawn.jpg[/IMG]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)