Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
RCSS No Frills

Rooster brand Jasmine Scented Rice 8KG bag - $13.88 (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2022 7:43 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2017
5187 posts
6024 upvotes
Liminimi wrote: My family bought that one in the photo you posted and didn't like it, we agreed it tastes dry and decided to use it for congee, no waste here. Today, we bought the Rooster ones which are labeled with "Thai Hom Mali", apparently it is the highest grade of fragrant Thai rice and stands the same grade as 3A, a new grading system from what I read somewhere online. A green stamp on the bag proves the authenticity of "Thai Hom Mali". My mom mentioned making sure to buy rice with a clear-lined bag inside, that's how she's been buying Rooster rice, whether it makes difference or not, I'm not sure because the 3A one didn't have a clear-lined bag. We bought 8 bags today (the bag on left in my photo), and they definitely taste softer and fluffier. Both the 3A labeled and Thai Home Mali were bought from the same No Frills, different sales.
My parents use to get them from the Market Village Winco. Those had the clear inner bag. But don’t think any of the No Frills purchases in the last 3 years ever had the clear inner bag.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
6228 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
mandatory, looks like this is the rice everyone wants

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)