• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2016 11:39 pm
[OP]
Mar 8, 2015
693 posts
2654 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Real Canadian Superstore] (RCSS) RCA 55" 4k UHD TV - $ 499, instore only

I know it is not a top of the line brand but for this price you can experience 4K UHD with 3 HDMI .
I have RCA LED in my bedroom and it is going strong since last 2 years.
25 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2239 posts
559 upvotes
In Toronto, they are advertising a 49" RCA 4k for $449 instead of the 55". Pretty decent deal for a cheap largish tv. Thanks OP.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6704 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
I'd have jumped on this dealright away if it was sold by Costco.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12420 posts
2134 upvotes
GTA
Can sumone cumfirm for ontario??
Mar 5, 2013
378 posts
424 upvotes
Kitchener
Guys. Be vary wary purchasing RCA TVs in Canada. it is NOT the same RCA as from the states, they sold out to CURTIS INTERNATIONAL not too long ago. Curtis warranty support (RCA Canada warranty support) is basically non-existent, and if you do get lucky be ready to be hauled through a long process. I honestly would skip this deal, all RCA products nowadays are a total hit or miss, specifically with the TVs. The Canadian RCA 4k lineup is NOT the RCA USA lineup. The number or refurb "RCA" tvs at Factory Direct at times is astonishing
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15172 posts
6193 upvotes
Does this TV have an HDMI 2.0 port?
Jan 9, 2012
464 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a 55" RCA a few years ago and I would stay away. We have had to take it in for service twice already, the second time being 5 days after the warranty expired. It is my parents TV so I had to fix it but if it was mine I would have thrown it away. The first time it would just not turn on, it was completely dead and not even 2 years later it had the same issue. Id opt for a more reliable brand and save yourself some headaches with RCA.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2152 posts
1139 upvotes
Montreal
Does it support 4k chroma 4:4:4 at 60hz or above? This is the question that everyone asks if they want to use it as a computer monitor.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Nov 17, 2014
451 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RainDown wrote: Guys. Be vary wary purchasing RCA TVs in Canada. it is NOT the same RCA as from the states, they sold out to CURTIS INTERNATIONAL not too long ago. Curtis warranty support (RCA Canada warranty support) is basically non-existent, and if you do get lucky be ready to be hauled through a long process. I honestly would skip this deal, all RCA products nowadays are a total hit or miss, specifically with the TVs. The Canadian RCA 4k lineup is NOT the RCA USA lineup. The number or refurb "RCA" tvs at Factory Direct at times is astonishing
this man speaks truth
Dec 31, 2009
639 posts
26 upvotes
Yeah, RCA in Canada is just a name that's been licensed out by Curtis for a while. As RainDown mentioned, warranty through them will be horrendous and you'll probably be forced to pay money to have it repaired.

This isn't a horrible, horrible deal though. If you don't want to invest completely into 4K yet, and just play around with it, $500 isn't too heavy of a investment. Good for a basement TV or for a secondary TV.
That being said, this TV does not support 4:4:4 chroma at 60hz, it supports 4:2:0 and that is a huge deal breaker if you want to use it as a monitor.

You'll notice a weird hue on white screens, and the picture color may look a bit off in a lot of cases.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6704 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
qaz393 wrote: Can sumone cumfirm for ontario??
LOL plz don't cumfirm for Ontario,you are welcome to cumfirm for other provinces.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12420 posts
2134 upvotes
GTA
immortal_kssss wrote: LOL plz don't cumfirm for Ontario,you are welcome to cumfirm for other provinces.
Why not?? The horror story is keeping me away
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2424 posts
1091 upvotes
Hometown
After seeing the inside of an RCA LCD that stopped working for a cousin of mine. I would NEVER risk having one of their TV's in my home. How the thing never caught fire is a amazing. The entire lower half of the circuit board was a charred mess. It got so hot it fried the traces out about 2 cm from where the short was. I have never seen a short in any board do that before of since... The plastic from the back of the TV was dripping down into the bottom of the TV when it finally died, before igniting. I looked it up online and there HUNDREDS of the same TV's that had the same problem....
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6669 posts
3689 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
qaz393 wrote: Why not?? The horror story is keeping me away
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3424 posts
1073 upvotes
Getting an rca for 4k is quite possibly the stupidest thing I can imagine. The picture quality of rca products is so bad that it will marr the excellent high resolution image being displayed.