• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2009 7:40 pm
Tags:
Aug 5, 2007
656 posts
133 upvotes

Rcss scop

Just got home from rcss and had an interesting experience. I was in the electronics department and there were 2 xbox360 play and charge kits on a peghook labeled at $9.94. The label itself said "blue battery pack" or something of that sort. There was another peg hook a few peg hooks diagonally above where this peghook was that had the proper tag of $29.97 "play and charge kit". To be honest I did not see that when i picked up the one under the 9.94 sign. went to the register and it came up at normal price and i proceeded to tell the cashier that it was on a peghook that said 9.94.

Anyway he declined to give it to me at 9.94 (let alone the scop). I didnt argue cuz I really didnt care for the kit, i just thought it was a great price.

my question is simple... Was he right in declining me and telling me "there's this peghook that has the normal price and says 'play and charge kit'"?
3 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4620 upvotes
GTA
drunag wrote:
my question is simple... Was he right in declining me and telling me "there's this peghook that has the normal price and says 'play and charge kit'"?
I think he was. Anyone ( incl you) could just move the product. Stores can't be held liable for this.

The SCOP would come into effect if the shelf label identified YOUR product as $9.94 and then scanned in as a higher price.
Aug 5, 2007
656 posts
133 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote: I think he was. Anyone ( incl you) could just move the product. Stores can't be held liable for this.

The SCOP would come into effect if the shelf label identified YOUR product as $9.94 and then scanned in as a higher price.
cool
thanks for the quick reply
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
He was right in declining it since the item you were trying to purchase what not the item that the tag identified for that price. Some stores will honor the lower price out of customer service if the items are similar (say ink cartriges or batteries) and the customer is legitimatly confused but in this case the two items were no where near similar.