Expired Hot Deals

[Ready To Roll Tires] All season tire bargain price 205/55R16 $340/set including labour and tax

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2019 1:34 pm
Sep 15, 2015
996 posts
954 upvotes
Abbotsford
Would love to see some factual testing between tire brands.
Anecdotally I used Nexen all season for 4 years, really great grip and quality.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1187 posts
1112 upvotes
Surrey
Tried to compare the price on Michelin and Goodyear, it’s still lowest price after tax and shipping, pls give advise where I could get the same tire with shipping
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17955 posts
5916 upvotes
Toronto
Pirelli P7 for $500 all in is a good price. Costco is over $625
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10578 posts
464 upvotes
Mississauga
Chinese tires are getting leaps and bounds better. I currently drive on Sailuns and I’ve found them very good. I also have Evergreens for Winters and they’re fine.

Can’t comment on this brand but not all Chinese tires are garbage.
4chan melts your brain.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2010
1153 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
i got the p7s.. they are meh.. 70% wear.. sometimes have trouble gripping when u drive on a very rainy day at normal speeds.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
1363 posts
345 upvotes
GVRD
Buying cheap tires is like getting a discounted Vasectomy; not worth the potential issues.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17955 posts
5916 upvotes
Toronto
So you save $160-$200 buying Chinese brands vs. other brands. If you do the math and the tires last 5 years that is only an extra $40 a year for name brand tires. Keep in mind that these Chinese brands may have bad warranties for the most part whereas name brand stand behind their product. Additionally if you buy the tires from Costco you get free flat repairs, free balancing and rotation for the life of the tire. So you have to consider other things besides the price. Tires are also an important part to ride quality of the vehicle as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3217 posts
1234 upvotes
Vancouver
I dunno, even if I was selling a car and needed to put new tires on I couldn't conscionably put on cheap tires I myself wouldn't ride on. Yeah you can say caveat emptor, but the person buying a cheap ride is doing so because that's all they can afford. If it was some young kid that was going to throw the tires out anyway when they were tricking it out with new rims then whatever, but if it's a family (immigrant or not) that's going to rely on this for their primary transportation, I couldn't do it. I think used brand name as another poster mentioned would even be a better alternative. Either that or just knock a few hundred bucks off, tell the purchaser to go buy their own tires, and let them decide.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12091 posts
3404 upvotes
GTA
carmaster wrote: So you save $160-$200 buying Chinese brands vs. other brands. If you do the math and the tires last 5 years that is only an extra $40 a year for name brand tires.
You'd usually get mileage out of name brands, so that negates the difference even more so.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 3, 2018
68 posts
62 upvotes
You guys act as if off-brand tires work the same as bald tires lol. At the end of the day, they're still made by tire manufacturers and I'm sure thought was put into the material used.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2322 posts
2481 upvotes
I've been on the all weather Kumho Solus HA31, for under $500, for three years. It does well in the GTA winters. It did really well this previous winter which saw a lot of snow pileup. So no more costly and time consuming tire changes. I'm surprised more people don't go the all weather route.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2322 posts
2481 upvotes
rcayco wrote: You guys act as if off-brand tires work the same as bald tires lol. At the end of the day, they're still made by tire manufacturers and I'm sure thought was put into the material used.
Before getting the thrifty all weather Kumhos, I went with some extremely inexpensive Chinese tires from a private Brampton business, and I kid-you-not it was as useless as a bald tire. I'm pretty sure it would never pass any Canadian certification, as even a tiny bit of rain would have it slipping and sliding. After a while they were even sliding on dry roads after moderate starts. They were a death trap and I only had them for 6 months. I'm not saying that all or most off brand tires are like that, but they do exist.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2322 posts
2481 upvotes
carmaster wrote: So you save $160-$200 buying Chinese brands vs. other brands. If you do the math and the tires last 5 years that is only an extra $40 a year for name brand tires. Keep in mind that these Chinese brands may have bad warranties for the most part whereas name brand stand behind their product. Additionally if you buy the tires from Costco you get free flat repairs, free balancing and rotation for the life of the tire. So you have to consider other things besides the price. Tires are also an important part to ride quality of the vehicle as well.
Not really.

Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1187 posts
1112 upvotes
Surrey
jaksdj22 wrote: Tried to compare the price on Michelin and Goodyear, it’s still lowest price after tax and shipping, pls give advise where I could get the same tire with shipping
At last. Just got a new set of Michelin from Costco and they have 1cent per tire installation ( tmr is the last day of the promo ) and $70 rebate , that saved me running around price matching

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)