Expired Hot Deals

Real Canadian liquor store

24 no name beers - $23.98 + 2k pco points and Knob Creek Bourbon - $32.98 +2k pco points (AB only)

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2021 7:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
1870 posts
698 upvotes

24 no name beers - $23.98 + 2k pco points and Knob Creek Bourbon - $32.98 +2k pco points (AB only)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
May 30, 2021
Retailer:
Real Canadian liquor store
As listed in title, AB only.
There's prob other deals in the flyer on booze I don't tend to buy
Images
  • Screenshot_20210526-081818_Chrome.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210526-081851_Chrome.jpg
24 replies
Mar 19, 2016
587 posts
526 upvotes
canada
Good deal. Personally I like the co-op variety pack when it goes on sale. 5x3 (15 cans) for $16.XX. It's brewed by big rock brewery.

The knob Creek is interesting. Anyond recommend it?
Dec 19, 2019
25 posts
72 upvotes
Last week No Name 24 pack was 19.99... but with 2k PC Points...now the wife gets something out of it...?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2445 posts
1887 upvotes
Man we get a 24 for $24 in Ontario like 3 times a year and people cry about Ford ruining the province every single time. Would be amazing if we just got this as the regular price...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
1870 posts
698 upvotes
I like it, but I'm a makers and buffalo trace or blantons fan as well, depends on mood and if I'm having one to enjoy or drinking half the bottle while watching a hockey game. I find knob Creek a bit fuller bodied/stronger tasting (100 proof)

Knob Creek reg price is usually around $40 (I've seen as high as $47 at Coop, on sale they drop to around $35)

dustinsa wrote: Good deal. Personally I like the co-op variety pack when it goes on sale. 5x3 (15 cans) for $16.XX. It's brewed by big rock brewery.

Mar 19, 2016
587 posts
526 upvotes
canada
granite_69 wrote: I like it, but I'm a makers and buffalo trace or blantons fan as well, depends on mood and if I'm having one to enjoy or drinking half the bottle while watching a hockey game. I find knob Creek a bit fuller bodied/stronger tasting (100 proof)

Knob Creek reg price is usually around $40 (I've seen as high as $47 at Coop, on sale they drop to around $35)

Thanks. Appreciate the insight.
Jan 19, 2017
634 posts
1050 upvotes
LoANeal wrote: Man we get a 24 for $24 in Ontario like 3 times a year and people cry about Ford ruining the province every single time. Would be amazing if we just got this as the regular price...
Seriously though? Why is our Alcohol in Ontario so much more expensive? I get Federally we need to tax alcohol more because of abuse, health issues and covering health care costs. However whats with the huge difference province to province? Is this legitimately because of Fords "Buck a beer" fiasco? Buying any sort of Alcohol from the LCBO or Beer Store feels like i am getting robbed. $15 for a pack of 6 Tall cans is absolute MADNESS.
Oct 31, 2010
744 posts
634 upvotes
Edmonton
If you're in Edmonton, Omen Brewing has their Dead End Pale Ale (being rebranded as Airmail Pale Ale) for $1/beer ($6 for 6 pack, $24 for 24 Pack) and it's by far the best $1 beer you will ever get. Buy some of their other beers too because they've got some REALLY good ones.

Link: https://omen-brewing-ltd.square.site/pr ... cst=custom
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2445 posts
1887 upvotes
RedSwagDeals wrote: Seriously though? Why is our Alcohol in Ontario so much more expensive? I get Federally we need to tax alcohol more because of abuse, health issues and covering health care costs. However whats with the huge difference province to province? Is this legitimately because of Fords "Buck a beer" fiasco? Buying any sort of Alcohol from the LCBO or Beer Store feels like i am getting robbed. $15 for a pack of 6 Tall cans is absolute MADNESS.
Well there's a combination of reasons really...first and foremost we have government mandated price floors, which before Ford was higher than $1 a beer, but he reduce it to $1 again (why in the god's earth do we have legally mandated price floors I'll never understand). I also know Ontario provincially taxes alcohol at a higher rate than Alberta, which is a big part of the problem. Finally there's the lack of competition since LCBO is a government monopoly and The Beer Store is a legal private monopoly which has higher costs than stores in Alberta. A good example recently is the LCBO with 666 corporate stores has Sales, General & Admin cost per store of $1,515,000 whereas in Alberta a similar store, Alcanna, has Sales, General & Admin costs of $676,000 which is a large cost to the taxpayers of Ontario. Since the LCBO redirects profit back to the province, we're losing about half a billion dollars in comparable efforts. Not to mention the alcohol store per person is low as hell since LCBOs open only so many stores a year, so we got 1 store per 4,480 people, where as Alberta has 1 per 1,897.

But any talk of improving the system for both tax payers and citizens of Ontario always gets riled up in all sorts of union talks and junk. In the end people fear losing union jobs held up by tax payers and nothing ever changes. I hope Ford can change things before he's out of office, likely more would have changed by now were it not for this damn pandemic, not like governments can do much but focus on that.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Dec 24, 2010
133 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
Been eyeing those Vizzy drinks at Costco for a while, normally $40/24 cans. Will try out the 12 pack while it's cheaper than Costco.

Agree with other poster, the co-op beers are great. Brewed by Big Rock
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
1870 posts
698 upvotes
Vizzy is the same price at Safeway/Sobeys liquor this week too (until June 2, vs Rcss ending on May 30) if they are closer to home

Also keep in mind that Liquor depot and olympia price match. I'm closer to an olympia so I pm there
crosby86 wrote: Been eyeing those Vizzy drinks at Costco for a while, normally $40/24 cans. Will try out the 12 pack while it's cheaper than Costco.

Agree with other poster, the co-op beers are great. Brewed by Big Rock
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2767 posts
2363 upvotes
BC
Sejad wrote: *AHEM*

We need this in Ontario.
You already have a buck a beer deals there... We need cheap beer here in BC!
Sep 15, 2018
167 posts
188 upvotes
darkstar107 wrote: If you're in Edmonton, Omen Brewing has their Dead End Pale Ale (being rebranded as Airmail Pale Ale) for $1/beer ($6 for 6 pack, $24 for 24 Pack) and it's by far the best $1 beer you will ever get. Buy some of their other beers too because they've got some REALLY good ones.

Thanks for the tip. Placed an order for a couple of 6 packs.
Dec 13, 2016
84 posts
70 upvotes
toronto
Knob Creek was on sale this month at the LCBO too!

....at $45 Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3363 posts
1700 upvotes
Airdrie
The Barossa Valley Estate reds at $12.50 (net after points, when you buy 4) are a pretty good deal. The Shiraz is $19.50 at Zyn, the Cab Sauv $16.75.

+1 for Knob Creek
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Feb 11, 2007
66 posts
77 upvotes
Turrono, eh!
dustinsa wrote:
short answer: no.
harsh with few if any redeeming qualities..unless you're into drinking something that reminds you youre drinking something.
Jul 7, 2015
33 posts
94 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Just bought 5 cases, tried for 8 lol (4 for me 4 for brother). Apparently we got the last ones, they sold 120 cases this week. Wife picked it up and said it's a cute place, so I'll definitely be following on social media for more deals from these guys. 10$ growler fillups seems crazy good.

Thanks buddy :)
darkstar107 wrote: If you're in Edmonton, Omen Brewing has their Dead End Pale Ale (being rebranded as Airmail Pale Ale) for $1/beer ($6 for 6 pack, $24 for 24 Pack) and it's by far the best $1 beer you will ever get. Buy some of their other beers too because they've got some REALLY good ones.