Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Liquorstore] [AB] PC Beer - 12 pack - 7.98$ for Optimum members. Limit 4x12 cans. Pretty good deal Imo...

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 6:07 pm
[OP]
Oct 24, 2012
290 posts
223 upvotes
Edmonton

[AB] PC Beer - 12 pack - 7.98$ for Optimum members. Limit 4x12 cans. Pretty good deal Imo...

Deal Link:
Price:
$7.98
Retailer:
Real Canadian Liquorstore
http://realcanadianliquorstore.ca/view-flyer?fid=472

$7.98 - 12 pack of beer (Pilsner, Honey Red, IPA or Light)

Forget a buck a beer in Ontario. 67 cents per can + deposit for some ok beer.

Enjoy the cheap (not awful) booze in AB.
34 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1052 posts
264 upvotes
YYC
The IPA is gross IMO but the Pilsner is OK and the Honey Red is quite good - as good as Sleeman's Honey Brown. Never tried the Light one. FYI, I'm not much of a beer drinker so take my opinions with a grain of salt!
I just picked up some Honey Red for the long weekend - not a lot of stock of any of them - they better be getting more or have more in the back....
Nov 26, 2014
219 posts
378 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I think the better deal is the AGD right next to that offer in the flyer. Works out to almost $1/beer when you factor in the 1,000 PCO points.

And they are not as awful to drink.
Jul 26, 2019
13 posts
8 upvotes
I didn't want to downvote this thread because my concerns aren't exactly about the deal, but.. is anyone else concerned this is both uncompetitive and unhealthy? Should major grocers (or any retailers/credit companies) be able to sell alcohol/drugs under minimum as a tied promotion?

And also, does running deals like this sort of encourage unhealthy behavior? I'm largely against 'sin' taxes, but do irregular sudden sales maybe undermine public health? As in, encouraging short term thinking and binge consumption. I just feel this is the start of a slippery slope.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1744 posts
1374 upvotes
Waterloo
MapleGlider wrote: I didn't want to downvote this thread because my concerns aren't exactly about the deal, but.. is anyone else concerned this is both uncompetitive and unhealthy? Should major grocers (or any retailers/credit companies) be able to sell alcohol/drugs under minimum as a tied promotion?

And also, does running deals like this sort of encourage unhealthy behavior? I'm largely against 'sin' taxes, but do irregular sudden sales maybe undermine public health? As in, encouraging short term thinking and binge consumption. I just feel this is the start of a slippery slope.
alcoholics don't need a sale to get them to drink alcohol...
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2794 posts
945 upvotes
Lethbridge
MapleGlider wrote: I didn't want to downvote this thread because my concerns aren't exactly about the deal, but.. is anyone else concerned this is both uncompetitive and unhealthy? Should major grocers (or any retailers/credit companies) be able to sell alcohol/drugs under minimum as a tied promotion?

For the rest of us this means our fridge is now stocked for the rest of summer/fall, lol.

I find the President's beer very drinkable. Certainly no worse than the other macro swill. Def maxing out my limit of 4. Come over for driveway beers RFD!
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1486 posts
349 upvotes
Edmonton
Who makes PC beer now? Many years ago when I worked at Labatt, they made it and the main PC one at the time was almost identical to Labatt Blue.

I'm sure it's different now but at $0.67/can... I'll buy some for sure. OP thanked!
You can't steal in slow motion
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1052 posts
264 upvotes
YYC

Processed food is equally as bad for your healthy as liquor, especially if you're talking about things like processed meat (esp. Spam), soft drinks, pizzas, sugary breakfast cereals, etc. yet those are on the front page of every grocery flyer every week. And pretty much anything in too much bulk is bad for you, even the healthy stuff like fruit and eggs. So pick your poison...
Mar 31, 2008
949 posts
685 upvotes
Airdrie
I didn't even know PC made beers, I will have to check these out. I see Ontario even has a couple extra varieties.

Has anyone ever seen the 2.5g here in Alberta? In the summer I can drink a lot of beer and don't need all the calories.
Mar 31, 2008
949 posts
685 upvotes
Airdrie
Anatomy wrote: Who makes PC beer now? Many years ago when I worked at Labatt, they made it and the main PC one at the time was almost identical to Labatt Blue.

I'm sure it's different now but at $0.67/can... I'll buy some for sure. OP thanked!
Big Rock Brewery according to the internet.
Dec 10, 2009
312 posts
471 upvotes

Costco sells 1.75L hard liquor. It’s not really about the purchase, people who choose to drink a lot will consume their alcohol regardless of the package size purchased.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1216 posts
669 upvotes
ottawa

How about we question why our government feels the need to regulate the prices we pay for alcohol? I don't see rampant alcohol abuse any more in Italy than I do in Canada and last time I was there I could get a 750ml bottle of red wine for $1.50.
Oct 14, 2017
589 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto

We need more government oversight into every inch our lives! We must stop people from making independent decisions! For the greater good of course!
[OP]
Oct 24, 2012
290 posts
223 upvotes
Edmonton
kthxbye wrote: We need more government oversight into every inch our lives! We must stop people from making independent decisions! For the greater good of course!
Yes Comrade!!! YES!!!!
Oct 9, 2012
121 posts
32 upvotes
Can't seem to find it on the interwebs, but does anyone know the carb content of the PC Light? Doesn't look like the PC 2.5 (which is 2.5g carb) is available in this sale.