Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] 1 kg liquid Billy bee honey $2.94 (Winston Churchill and Argentia)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2018 12:13 am
[OP]
Dec 9, 2004
408 posts
9 upvotes

[Real Canadian Superstore] 1 kg liquid Billy bee honey $2.94 (Winston Churchill and Argentia)

I was shopping and spotted the 1 kg of billy Bee honey for 2.94 at the Real Canadian Superstore at Winston Churchill and Argentia in Mississauga
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 18th, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: edited retailer name
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2343 posts
259 upvotes
North York
Real Canadian or Royal Canadian?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4727 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
sandman101 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 5:25 pm
  • I was shopping and spotted the 1 kg of billy Bee honey for 2.94 at the Royal Canadian Superstore at Winston Churchill and Aquataine in Mississauga
it's argentia... not aquataine...
Jan 29, 2010
193 posts
71 upvotes
Victoria
Temporel wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 7:09 pm
I know it's not the best quality honey there is but this seems like an amazing deal! >66% discount Face Screaming In Fear

Is it close to expiration date? Are there big quantities?

A quick search shows it's worth at least $9 per kilo.

$9 Walmart $10 Fortino's $12 Loblaw's
Maybe it's full of High Fructose syrup. Real honey can't be that low of a price?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1640 posts
1342 upvotes
Montreal
Northguy wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 7:26 pm
Maybe it's full of High Fructose syrup. Real honey can't be that low of a price?
I doubt it. It's "Brand Named" and there are rules in Canada about products like that.
If it's like the one at Loblaw's, the description says "Pure natural honey Canada no. 1".
It's not for me since there are no Real Canadian Superstores in Montréal but for the benefit of other RFD members, if someone could check the packaging to see if there's an ingredient list or if it's really Pure honey, if it's close to expiration date and if there are quantities available, that would be great!
Jan 3, 2013
382 posts
213 upvotes
Raincouver
Temporel wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 7:09 pm
I know it's not the best quality honey there is but this seems like an amazing deal! >66% discount Face Screaming In Fear

Is it close to expiration date? Are there big quantities?

A quick search shows it's worth at least $9 per kilo.

$9 Walmart $10 Fortino's $12 Loblaw's
Honey never expires it literally lasts forever.

Honey In The Pyramids. While excavating Egypt's famous pyramids, archaeologists have found pots of honey in an ancient tomb. The honey, dating back approximately 3,000 years, is the world's oldest sample – and still perfectly edible. The secret behind honey's eternal shelf life is a range of factors........

https://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/h ... amids.aspx
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
Fido Tablet plan $15/month Free for a year
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Feb 14, 2012
511 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
Brian79 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 7:50 pm
Honey never expires it literally lasts forever.

Honey In The Pyramids. While excavating Egypt's famous pyramids, archaeologists have found pots of honey in an ancient tomb. The honey, dating back approximately 3,000 years, is the world's oldest sample – and still perfectly edible. The secret behind honey's eternal shelf life is a range of factors........

https://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/h ... amids.aspx
I wonder if we will ever get an RFD deal on that type of honey :-P.
Oct 1, 2005
42 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Temporel wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 7:42 pm
I doubt it. It's "Brand Named" and there are rules in Canada about products like that.
If it's like the one at Loblaw's, the description says "Pure natural honey Canada no. 1".
It's not for me since there are no Real Canadian Superstores in Montréal but for the benefit of other RFD members, if someone could check the packaging to see if there's an ingredient list or if it's really Pure honey, if it's close to expiration date and if there are quantities available, that would be great!

Main point is - what bees ate.
Nectar from flowers or sugar/syrup?
Bees anyway will produce miel/honey but quality/taste/etc will be ABSOLUTELY differ.
[OP]
Dec 9, 2004
408 posts
9 upvotes
Its exp date is feb/2020
It also states no1 pure honey and about 25 cases left at 4 pm
At the back of store near the back bunkers,near the milk
Jan 29, 2010
193 posts
71 upvotes
Victoria
Temporel wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 7:42 pm
YOu never know. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/b ... -1.3522208