Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] 10lb russet potatoes for $0.94 (Edmonton Clairview store)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2020 5:09 pm
[OP]
Banned
Sep 14, 2020
180 posts
129 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

[Real Canadian Superstore] 10lb russet potatoes for $0.94 (Edmonton Clairview store)

I was just at the Edmonton Clairview Superstore and they are selling 10lb bags of russet potatoes for $0.94. This is likely store specific. This is less than half price of No Frills flyer last week ($1 for 5lbs). I bought 100lbs of potatoes for $9.40.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4588 posts
4382 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that for that price they're probably pretty old, so unless you plan on somehow ingesting 100 lbs of potatoes pretty quickly you're probably in for a nasty surprise shortly.

Especially given that the flyer has 20 lb bags for $5.
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2018
603 posts
613 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
1$ is no brainer even if half of the bag will sprout.

Great find
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Jr. Member
Sep 15, 2018
139 posts
167 upvotes
BertL67369 wrote: 1$ is no brainer even if half of the bag will sprout.

Great find
If half of them go then maybe buying half as much is a better idea.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 15, 2016
6889 posts
2419 upvotes
Potatoes are bad quality later. I see fresh bags and they already have tons of eyes on them especially the little ones.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 5, 2006
1321 posts
5817 upvotes
Awesome. If potatoes sprout, ain't no big deal - just cut them off and enjoy Face Savouring Delicious Food

I go through at least two 10 lbs bags of potatoes a week. We have an air fryer and eat fries often twice daily. Grinning Face With Smiling EyesFace Savouring Delicious FoodFace Savouring Delicious FoodFace Savouring Delicious Food
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
15098 posts
3014 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
chemicalxv wrote: I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that for that price they're probably pretty old, so unless you plan on somehow ingesting 100 lbs of potatoes pretty quickly you're probably in for a nasty surprise shortly.

Especially given that the flyer has 20 lb bags for $5.
Agree, probably old and stale, almost toxic potatoes.. (https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-cul ... h-3162870/)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
15098 posts
3014 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
coopercold wrote: Awesome. If potatoes sprout, ain't no big deal - just cut them off and enjoy Face Savouring Delicious Food

I go through at least two 10 lbs bags of potatoes a week. We have an air fryer and eat fries often twice daily. Grinning Face With Smiling EyesFace Savouring Delicious FoodFace Savouring Delicious FoodFace Savouring Delicious Food
Share some recipes.. my hand cut potatoes in air fryer never crisp up
Member
Dec 5, 2004
439 posts
473 upvotes
I'm here just waiting for the GTA folk to bitch and complain about region not in the title (even thought Edmonton Clairview is in the title).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 5, 2006
1321 posts
5817 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Share some recipes.. my hand cut potatoes in air fryer never crisp up
My pro tip: Pre-bake them in the microwave. All you have to do is: (1) wash and peel the potatoes; (2) stab each potato with a fork or knife (this is to let the internal moisture be released); and (3) bake in the microwave. Depending on the power of your microwave and number of potatoes, this will be between 2 and 5 minutes.

After they've baked, chop them into fries - careful with the hot potatoes! Then add some oil and seasonings (I like paptrika) and toss. Then air fry for 20-30 minutes, depending on your fryer. Don't forget to toss the fries every five minutes or so.

At the end, you'll enjoy some nice and crispy air fried french fries! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Heart-shaped Eyes🤩Face Savouring Delicious Food I just finished my post-workout fries! 🥰🥰🥰
[OP]
Banned
Sep 14, 2020
180 posts
129 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
They are just on the verge of starting to sprout. Not the freshest but no worse than the no name bag of potatoes I got last time for 2.5x the price.
Images
  • 16083131802006011583721388942175.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4588 posts
4382 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
coopercold wrote: Awesome. If potatoes sprout, ain't no big deal - just cut them off and enjoy Face Savouring Delicious Food

I go through at least two 10 lbs bags of potatoes a week. We have an air fryer and eat fries often twice daily. Grinning Face With Smiling EyesFace Savouring Delicious FoodFace Savouring Delicious FoodFace Savouring Delicious Food
My dude that is in no way, shape, or form anywhere near healthy.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1503 posts
1271 upvotes
Ottawa
They were $1.88 at my local RCSS (Ottawa Orleans).

A 5lb bag was $3.98.

I won't get through 10lb before they become inedible, but I saved the $2. We'll split the bag up and offer half to a family in need in our community.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1734 posts
913 upvotes
Edmonton
I have a PO of 200 points for every $1 spent on potoates. HOT DEAL LOL
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 15, 2016
6889 posts
2419 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: My dude that is in no way, shape, or form anywhere near healthy.
Why not? There's no oil.

Top