• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2017 9:29 am
[OP]
Oct 27, 2015
44 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Real Canadian Superstore] 20% off Gap/Banana Republic/Old Navy Gift Card

Just came back from the Mississauga Real Canadian Superstore at Mavis and Dundas.

Noticed that there was a banner on top of the gift card rack indicating 20% off all Gap gift cards.

Seemed like there were plenty of $25 and $50 gift card denominations available. After the discount would be $20 for $25 and $40 for $50.

Promo period - Aug 3 to Aug 16.
Images
  • IMG_8886.JPG
Last edited by Daufin02 on Aug 5th, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
32 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5069 posts
241 upvotes
Vancouver
I can confirm this is available in Vancouver as well.
Last edited by jtcb on Aug 5th, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 25, 2009
421 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
wizyyz wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 9:11 pm
Reposr
Thank you so much OP!!! I've been waiting for this .... don't think this is a "Reposr"
Mar 28, 2016
183 posts
38 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
Mine you for Gap, if you use the GC, you can only buy regular priced items. I believe discounted items will be at full price if you want to use GC.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8707 posts
590 upvotes
kr8zyduke wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 8:56 pm
Mine you for Gap, if you use the GC, you can only buy regular priced items. I believe discounted items will be at full price if you want to use GC.
I don't think so. I usually only buy stuff when its 50% off in store. Giftcard is money.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2205 posts
292 upvotes
GTA
kr8zyduke wrote:
I love it when people make stuff up. Are you Russian by any chance? Fake news.
Jul 16, 2012
227 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
kr8zyduke wrote:
You might want to check that again. This is a hot deal precisely because you get to use them on sale/clearance items. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
1200 posts
189 upvotes
Mississauga
I was at the one on Argentina and Winston Churchill and they all scanned at $25 and $50.. and since it's not on the flyer I could not say anything to the cashier.
Mar 28, 2016
183 posts
38 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
aquariaguy wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 9:05 pm
I don't think so. I usually only buy stuff when its 50% off in store. Giftcard is money.
I've got a giftcard from returning stuff at the GAP a few years back. And I was told by GAP in store that I cannot use it on sales item because the staff there can buy GC at a discount. So the staff will get too much discount if the staff could use the already discounted gift card on sale items.

I had actually filed a complaint to Service Alberta and Service Alberta sided with me. But Service Alberta would not do anything other than tell me to contact GAP's administration.

Gift card is real money, I got that. But GAP doesn't think so because their staff can buy GC at a discount. I still have the $50 GAP GC in my pocket but I can only use it on regular priced items.

That happened in 2010 or thereabout so maybe GAP had changed it's policy. The other retailer that only allows regular priced item with GC is ROOTS.
Nov 11, 2011
161 posts
68 upvotes
Calgary
I live in Calgary, been using gift cards to purchase clearance items for many years. Everything I purchased in the past two years were clearance items, nothing full price.
Jun 19, 2006
287 posts
84 upvotes
100% no.

It's cash on a card. They cant restrict it
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8707 posts
590 upvotes
kr8zyduke wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 12:31 am
I've got a giftcard from returning stuff at the GAP a few years back. And I was told by GAP in store that I cannot use it on sales item because the staff there can buy GC at a discount. So the staff will get too much discount if the staff could use the already discounted gift card on sale items.

I had actually filed a complaint to Service Alberta and Service Alberta sided with me. But Service Alberta would not do anything other than tell me to contact GAP's administration.

Gift card is real money, I got that. But GAP doesn't think so because their staff can buy GC at a discount. I still have the $50 GAP GC in my pocket but I can only use it on regular priced items.

That happened in 2010 or thereabout so maybe GAP had changed it's policy. The other retailer that only allows regular priced item with GC is ROOTS.
Oh 2010, maybe things have changed.

I know I bought something with GC online, and when I returned it I got a "paper" certificate, literally mailed to me. It was kinda sketchy sounding. Also took 2+ months to get the "paper giftcard" mailed back to me after several calls to GAP.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic