Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Real Canadian Superstore

3,000 points for every $10 spent on Lotto (RCSS West)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 12:46 am
Jun 15, 2012
166 posts
76 upvotes
Susanclark wrote: I wouldn't categorize gambling on lottery with entertainment. Its a fools game. They make sure to splash the 1 in a billion winner all over media to give sheep hope they will actually win. People don't buy to entertain themselves, they are wholly invested in fantasy they will win and be able to quit job and buy everything they want, its all about greed. Not many rich people play the lottery, its the broke people that prop it up, that's why statistically most lottery winners are broke again, even after a big win, they are not good with money. But hey, at least those fools are subsidizing the roads i drive on and hospitals etc.
I absolutely agree with most of your claims. However, being in "that fantasy", even for a few minutes, is also a form of entertainment. Also, people who go broke go broke whether they win the lottery or not. They didn't go broke because they won the lottery. They just don't have discipline in financial management. If any large amount of money just falls on you, you would be surprised how fast they disappear because everything is so expensive - especially things that you cannot really wait too long for.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
Susanclark wrote: You know what’s sad, winning lottery is retirement plan of 34% of respondents of survey done by BMO. If those people had taken all the money they wasted on tickets and invested for 40 years, they really would have won the lottery. $400 a month at 5% interest for 40 years comes out to $593k
most people who play the lottery seriously aren't very educated. But that's how the world works. We need people who work at McDonald's, otherwise I wouldn't get my nuggets.

I only spend about $6 a month on lotto 6/49 just because I have that dream, too. But, I know I likely won't win. Luckily, I bought into WEED at $11 with 3,000 shares, so I'm half way there provided the market stops tanking...
Aug 29, 2010
554 posts
623 upvotes
Susanclark wrote: You know what’s sad, winning lottery is retirement plan of 34% of respondents of survey done by BMO. If those people had taken all the money they wasted on tickets and invested for 40 years, they really would have won the lottery. $400 a month at 5% interest for 40 years comes out to $593k
To each of their own. I personally play lottery when the jackpot size is big enough so that it makes mathematical sense to play. Chance of winning lotto max = 1 in 28,633,528
$5 ticket gets me 3 set of number. As long as I am a sole winner, if jackpot size is larger than 47.7m, I am coming ahead (more like 40m if I count smaller prizes too). Will I ever win lottery? Likely not. Do I care? Not really. Do I depend on lottery win for retirement? Hell no.. only difference for me if I win lottery or not is maybe retiring 20 years earlier. Besides, who is spending $400 a month on lottery ticket anyway? Not to mention 593k in 40 years is not worth nearly as much as what it is now.

P.S. Beside, isn't it 609K, not 593k after 40 years assuming that interest is compounded annually?
Last edited by chinook79 on Nov 17th, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
chinook79 wrote: To each of their own. I personally play lottery when the jackpot size is big enough so that it makes mathematical sense to play. Chance of winning lotto max = 1 in 28,633,528
$5 ticket gets me 3 set of number. As long as I am a sole winner, if jackpot size is larger than 47.7m, I am coming ahead (more like 40m if I count smaller prizes too). Will I ever win lottery? Likely not. Do I care? Not really. Do I depend on lottery win for retirement? Hell no.. only difference for me if I win lottery or not is maybe retiring 20 years earlier. Besides, who is spending $400 a month on lottery ticket anyway? Not to mention 593k in 40 years is not worth nearly as much as what it is now.
I'm the same. I don't jump onto Lotto Max until the pot is 50M or more. I never get Extra anymore. For Lotto 649, I wait till it's at least 25M before buying a ticket.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
For anyone wondering, here is what it looks like on Marine and Main in Vancouver
Images
  • 20181118_111808.jpg
Jul 23, 2015
897 posts
650 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
One day earlier this week the promo worked just fine...tried it again today and am having to do a points inquiry. Same store. Weird!
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1689 posts
1258 upvotes
Calgary
trystee wrote: For those interested in this promo, check with your local RCSS in the west first before you buy.

I've spot checked a number of flyers from BC to MB and, some cities/provinces show the deal and some don't.

The promo is shown on the bottom right of page 1.

Here's why you should ask if they'll honour the promo: look at the bottom right corner of the page and you'll see RWSS TAB 1 BC for those flyers that have the promo and RWSS TAB 1 AB MB SK TBAY WH that don't.

I have the physical flyer for YEG and do not see the offer but see it digitally online. Mine shows RWSS TAB 1 AB MB SK TBAY WH but online it shows RWSS TAB 1 BC.

Bottom line: I believe the digital flyer providers messed up and this should only be for RCSS (BC).

If anyone in the west outside of BC gets it, let us know. :)
I got this deal in Calgary, but it was a hassle. The store I went to on Sat 17, did not have the scanner hooked up to read the Optimum card. The clerk said others have asked about the offer but she couldn't do anything about it. I bought $20 of Lotto Max and kept the receipt. I call the 1-800 number on the back of the Optimum card to ask about the points. The person on the other end did not know anything about the offer. I sent her a screen cap of the flyer that was post on RFD along with a photo of my receipt. Yesterday I received an email confirming that I got the points for the lottery tickets Smiling Face With Open Mouth