None
[OP]
Feb 17, 2015
15 posts
88 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

Acer QH10 LED Projector $99 **no tax**, order online for pickup only

Happy BF!

I pulled a trigger on an LED mini projector. Will post if it's better than my 2006 SVGA InFocus projector, or if I decided to return it.
There's not a single review for this projector in any human language out there, which is frightening. The only mention was on a Swiss site where someone gave it 4*/5 with pros being compact, good resolution and feature-rich, and cons being noise and needing to reboot it frequently.

The previous thread about this device from last week mentioned this link as a sole source of information. A comment was made that this is the same as the crappy abox LCD 480p projector, which is what I'm about to find out. Hoping that it's at least 720p and LED, as stated.

Here's the math. Original price 199.98, on sale for $109 until Jan-1. Online code BLACK10 shaves $10 off $100 purchase via PC express. In addition, Black Friday only, no tax on electronics.

Small print regarding no tax: **No promocode needed, discount will be applied at pickup (it will not be reflected during online checkout).
This means that you'll checkout with the tax, but the actual payment is processed on site as you're picking it up. They come out with the machine and adjust the total.

If you're into PC Optimum, and have 100k points burning a hole in your pocket, and there's nothing for you at the SDM, you can always add exactly one bunch of bananas to your order, pay the 45 cents and walk away with your projector and some healthy potassium-rich snacks... theoretically. I'm not sure how point redemption works for no-tax promotions. Bananas should put you over the $100 mark required.

As mentioned, I'll be back tomorrow with an update if this was a colossal waste of time on an equally colossal piece of junk.
2019-11-29 12_01_16-Black Friday _ Real Canadian Superstore.png
2019-11-29 12_00_17-NotificationsForm.png
2019-11-29 12_00_54-Black Friday _ Real Canadian Superstore.png
7 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12975 upvotes
miamacchina wrote: As mentioned, I'll be back tomorrow with an update if this was a colossal waste of time on an equally colossal piece of junk.
Updooted and subscribed because I'm betting it will be and I'm a nosy bugger.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2064 posts
948 upvotes
Montreal
Had this projector. Not worth even at $99 IMO, might as well buy a pack of steaks and enjoy it.
[OP]
Feb 17, 2015
15 posts
88 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Well this ended rather anticlimactically; an hour before the pickup I get an email that my order has been updated, and that the "projector was removed with no substitute product", but my bananas are still in stock and ready for pickup.
I guess no monkeying around discounts for this cheeky monkey.

@williamsauga Was it the exact same model? I know they used to carry a weak RCA projector in the past.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1454 posts
314 upvotes
Ottawa
JVC ILA projector is the best. fyi.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2079 posts
466 upvotes
Scarborough
Op I decided to bite the bullet and try it out myself.
[OP]
Feb 17, 2015
15 posts
88 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Please do let us know if it's any good!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1080 posts
399 upvotes
I recently got this for $77 as a limited time deal on Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/QKK-Projector-Pro ... B07MW16RRX

Since this is my first projector ever I'll be objective:

1. price is very good especially with a free screen though I'll need to find a way on how to hang it
2. dont expect a picture quality of 1080p. I think it's closer to 720p for sure
3. mine has a problem where 1 side is shorter than the other. keystone and autofocus won't fix it. it doesnt have a function where it can fix the dimensions of the picture

Was it $77 well spent? Assuming the seller comes through with a replacement I think so, especially when I dont use it for movies that deserve to be watched on a 4K TV. I use mine solely for when I'm working out in the basement.

I'm assuming this same Acer one comes from the same factory just re-branded like many out there. The specs gives it away but even the Acer is lower specced.