Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Real Canadian Superstore

Amazon Fire 7" 16 GB Tablet - $39.98

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2021 1:15 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1477 posts
2047 upvotes
Waterloo Region
I buy a lot of fire tablets and send back to nieces and nephews. However I am seriously concerned about 1gb of storage. If it had been two, I am certain I would have bought 10 of these (not withstanding the restrictions).
Oh well, I'll keep hunting
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4668 posts
1495 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: You'll need a USB or Bluetooth GPS receiver of some kind. The closest thing I found was on AliExpress.
How GPS used to be :)

This would be good as a surveillance screen if you sideload TinyCam and such and hook it on the wall
Apr 5, 2018
390 posts
382 upvotes
I was looking for a cheap tablet to replace my old Asus. I have Spotify loaded on it connected to 2 Sony Bookshelf speakers via a Bluetooth amplifier. Just to play songs and stay on 24x7. This might fit the bill - all second hand tablets on Kijiji are more expensive or too old.

The store charges Pickup fee. $3 on weekdays and $5 on weekends.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4033 posts
4443 upvotes
Muskoka
Gangsta101 wrote: I buy a lot of fire tablets and send back to nieces and nephews. However I am seriously concerned about 1gb of storage. If it had been two, I am certain I would have bought 10 of these (not withstanding the restrictions).
This has 16gb of storage.
It has only 1gb RAM
Public Mobile
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: I buy a lot of fire tablets and send back to nieces and nephews. However I am seriously concerned about 1gb of storage. If it had been two, I am certain I would have bought 10 of these (not withstanding the restrictions).
Debloat the tablet using Fire Toolbox, and it'll run somewhat tolerably for tweens and younger.

Otherwise it's a one-app dedicated use tablet, or a frisbee / coaster.

No lies, it will be pretty slow by modern standards, but this was designed as a tablet for the masses and by far it's their best seller.

Families on fixed incomes and social supports own tablets like these, because they deserve to participate in a technological future.
Jan 16, 2005
555 posts
320 upvotes
Hamilton
Confirmed it on the Ontario area flyer as well. I think I might go try to grab one for a cheap use tablet
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1878 posts
591 upvotes
Ottawa
Sale?
Or
Clearing inventory?

Is New 7 inches Fire coming soon.. Gen xx.

Saw youtube on Lenovo M7 gen3 . New 7 inches.
The touch is not very responsive from the video.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1477 posts
2047 upvotes
Waterloo Region
spots01 wrote: This has 16gb of storage.
It has only 1gb RAM
I meant RAM, typing before getting out of bed can be ... Messy
redflagdealsguy wrote: Debloat the tablet using Fire Toolbox, and it'll run somewhat tolerably for tweens and younger.

Otherwise it's a one-app dedicated use tablet, or a frisbee / coaster.

No lies, it will be pretty slow by modern standards, but this was designed as a tablet for the masses and by far it's their best seller.

Families on fixed incomes and social supports own tablets like these, because they deserve to participate in a technological future.
I don't trust kids to use low RAM devices reliably. They'll leave processes running in the background and everything grinds to a halt.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: I meant RAM, typing before getting out of bed can be ... Messy

I don't trust kids to use low RAM devices reliably. They'll leave processes running in the background and everything grinds to a halt.
Android is different, it saves states and closes background tasks when RAM is limited.

This is an idiot proof tablet so long as they can't order anything from their account.
Apr 5, 2018
390 posts
382 upvotes
cf7777 wrote: Sale?
Or
Clearing inventory?
The same table is OOS in the US Amazon. So I do expect a new tablet to come in time for Thanksgiving as well.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
signops wrote: The same table is OOS in the US Amazon. So I do expect a new tablet to come in time for Thanksgiving as well.
As I said, they sell like hot cakes.

Popular low rent gift tablets for sprogs.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23744 posts
8529 upvotes
Nice price for a cheap tab. Might have to look into it but then, Amazon Prime Day in Canada should be coming along in a few months, so maybe holdoff and see what goes on sale then?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
DougO wrote: Nice price for a cheap tab. Might have to look into it but then, Amazon Prime Day in Canada should be coming along in a few months, so maybe holdoff and see what goes on sale then?
It won't beat this price, but maybe they'll launch a new 7.
Nov 25, 2013
382 posts
356 upvotes
Hoth
Decent for a Pron tablet as these are slow AF. Thx for posting OP
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23744 posts
8529 upvotes
xwingman72 wrote: Decent for a Pron tablet as these are slow AF. Thx for posting OP
Can't be worse than some of my old Apple tabs that can't be updated. Those also cannot see some web pages as the pages say they cannot display on that device. But oddly, my old Blackberry tabs still function and can be used for many tasks...
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
Tjklovesthisplace wrote: Cheap for a reason my kid has one she is 5 it's so slow
Get her used to dealing with challenge and adversity in life.

What an education for a child.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)