Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Real Canadian Superstore

Amazon Fire 7" 16 GB Tablet - $39.98

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2021 1:15 pm
Sep 20, 2017
372 posts
184 upvotes
Markham
Had one before. Great device at that time. Still working fine as reader . For other jobs , find a faster one.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23744 posts
8529 upvotes
TracyWater wrote: Had one before. Great device at that time. Still working fine as reader . For other jobs , find a faster one.
I have a Tab A but it's form factor is not good for me at work. Great for lying in bed and getting all the news and replying to emails...
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
TracyWater wrote: Had one before. Great device at that time. Still working fine as reader . For other jobs , find a faster one.
Great burner tablet for kids.

They have a kids account creation option.

Amazon is providing a service to the community.
Mar 15, 2013
842 posts
461 upvotes
Fredericton
night blade wrote: I have a use for this so I went by the RCSS in Ajax today, what a joke, all the electronics is now behind a door locked up in customer service. Rep brought out the wrong one (32gb) after showing her the ad, 5 mins later brought out the 16gb and it scanned at $80, had a nice 5 min talk about it's the same one in the ad but she insisted it was a different SKU, hahaha. So, just in case anyone wants to check the Ajax store don't bother unless you want a good conversation about honoring advertised pricing :).

Went next door to Best Buy and they took a few mins to price match it, done.

Thanks OP.
You should have had them apply SCOP and got it for $29.98.
Mar 15, 2013
842 posts
461 upvotes
Fredericton
DougO wrote: Found them at the customer service desk in the lock up. First one scanned at $89.99. Second one was in a plastic bag. That one scanned at $39.99. Picked up 2. Could have picked up more but didn't need them. This could be useful at work where I'm constantly checking my phone for product...except at 5 inches, it's too small for me. 7 inch should be better. Doesn't need to be speedy, just need to have it work. But because I also have Amazon Prime Music, it could do for me listening to music at work. For $40, it's okay. Just have to explore more things with it.
For the $89.99 one, you should have had them apply SCOP and got it for $29.98. Who is going to that store first? I am too far.
Mar 24, 2011
153 posts
202 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: Oh, this won't even do 720p, hard pass even at this price.

Resolution: (1024 x 600 (171 ppi) )

You're stuck with 480p video.
It must be the product of 500 line tube TVs -- but I actually like 480p -- to the point where I watch it on a 65" screen. I can't stand overly-sharp TV and if I go to someone's house and they haven't turned off the soap opera effect, it drives me crazy.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
Omineca wrote: It must be the product of 500 line tube TVs -- but I actually like 480p -- to the point where I watch it on a 65" screen. I can't stand overly-sharp TV and if I go to someone's house and they haven't turned off the soap opera effect, it drives me crazy.
The screen is fine for a lazy watch.

I use an OLED 55" 4K screen as a PC Monitor, it's God's gift to man.

That said, I'm not a resolution snob.

Keep it simple, this is a great throwaway burner tablet. It reminds me of the pads from Star Trek. This is the kind of tablet you want kicking around the house. Bigger than your phone, smaller than your laptop and full size tablet. There for eReader, docs, light media, quick perusal of Amazon services.

Probably even better for kids using the sandboxed Amazon kids account and the web.

It's $40 bud. That's $40 of Canadian Monopoly money.

Can't beat that.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3072 posts
666 upvotes
Pickering
gmoney506 wrote: You should have had them apply SCOP and got it for $29.98.
That crossed my mind while trying to convince the rep that's the correct SKU model, was talking to someone who didn't want to budge, I find I have less patience for stupidity the older I get Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
Alright gentlemen, here's the list:

BestBuy => Yes to PM
Staples => Yes to PM

Open up this link on your phone (see link below image), be ready to show the clerk.

Source: https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/a ... 1205814_EA

When you were a kid, you would've killed for something this functional. This is cracker jack pricing.

Yes, this model does support creation of an Amazon Kids account for safe content viewing.
Aug 14, 2021
1 posts
1 upvote
It was a journey but we bought 6 of these. Got home. Launched Amazon Fire Toolbox ,got rid of the horrendous Fire launcher for Nova launcher , installed Google Play services and then enjoyed the amazing bang for the buck. Mind you we had to visit 3 stores to get them and it was a mess finding where the staff had hid them. Our best quote was in ottawa, the clerk said verbatim 'Ughhh they are faaarrrr' when we asked haha #mess
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1878 posts
591 upvotes
Ottawa
BestBuy wants the model number on flyer.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23744 posts
8529 upvotes
Omineca wrote: It must be the product of 500 line tube TVs -- but I actually like 480p -- to the point where I watch it on a 65" screen. I can't stand overly-sharp TV and if I go to someone's house and they haven't turned off the soap opera effect, it drives me crazy.
I watch a lot of old content that was made for 4X3 CRT TVs and it drives me crazy when DVDs/Blu Rays/4K Blu Rays are cropped to fit modern TVs. That's not the way I want to watch the show. But someone in their wisdom has decided that IS the way you ARE going to watch it...
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23744 posts
8529 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: The screen is fine for a lazy watch.

I use an OLED 55" 4K screen as a PC Monitor, it's God's gift to man.

That said, I'm not a resolution snob.

Keep it simple, this is a great throwaway burner tablet. It reminds me of the pads from Star Trek. This is the kind of tablet you want kicking around the house. Bigger than your phone, smaller than your laptop and full size tablet. There for eReader, docs, light media, quick perusal of Amazon services.

Probably even better for kids using the sandboxed Amazon kids account and the web.

It's $40 bud. That's $40 of Canadian Monopoly money.

Can't beat that.
My Ipad is sitting in it's charger as is my Ipad mini 2. Neither can be updated. I had forgotten I had a Nexus Android tab as well. That also went on it's charger but could not be updated past Android 6. The Fire tab took an immediate update. I added the links to my work's webpage so now i am in business and waiting for tomorrow to try it out to see how well it helps me at work. I might take the 2nd one and take the Amazon OS out so I can get the Google Playstore put on it. I can't seem to find a transit app that works with the Amazon Fire OS. Only Android and IOS...
Jun 11, 2013
102 posts
84 upvotes
Ajax
I also like the fact you can pin an app but also disable touch functions so if you give it to your toddler while trying to settle your infant, they don't press something and close the video and start screaming or throw the tablet. The video keeps playing and everyone is happy. I installed Google play, YouTube, Chrome, vlc and think it still runs fine for its purpose. Good find!
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20457 posts
5844 upvotes
Scarberia
cheap and good for myVegas app but damn those HUGE bezelz Face With Tears Of Joy 90s oldscool!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: cheap and good for myVegas app but damn those HUGE bezelz Face With Tears Of Joy 90s oldscool!
I like the bezels, makes it easy to hold. Since this isn't in your pocket all day like a phone, it's nice to see finger-friendly bezels.

So far, I've bought (2x) units because I have a handful of use cases and one exit option [re-gifting].

In the roaring 20s, our era of excess before the debt collapse in the 2030s, we're surrounded by panels.

You can grade them this way:
1) Phone - Ubiquitous, Fully Mobile, Broad Use, Limited Screen Real Estate
2) Small Tablet - Low Cost, Reasonably Mobile, Better Screen Real Estate, Better for Dedicated Use Cases [Office, Wall Mount, Light Media, Child Infotainment]
3) Large Tablet - Moderate Cost, Reasonably Mobile, Sizable Screen Real Estate, Laptop Replacement-Level Functionality
4) Laptop - Costly, Reasonably Mobile, Unlimited Functionality
5) Desktop - Costly, Completely Site Bound, Unlimited Functionality

Many of us have (1) and (4) or (1) and (5), we have room for (3), but question (2). It's best to think of (2) as the all purpose computing device with the low cost replaceability of a scratch pad, and the functionality of a full-size tablet. The Pi devices are worshipped, and they often cost more, when this device will do almost as much (or more), on de-bloated Android. There are millions of these tablets in circulation, and a massive homebrew community around the highly effective Fire Toolkit.

Food for thought.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24775 posts
32479 upvotes
I own (4x) of these tablets now. Enough for a test 'deployment'.

Right now we're juggling between multiple potential use-cases, for test purposes.

Floating Desk Mount
(1) Desk Dashboard - Key Metrics, Employee Calendar, Prop. Apps.
(2) Desk Resource Calendar - Quick-View Resource Allocation
(3) Conferencing Device - Zoom, Teams, Etc.

If you run the numbers, this device is cheaper than equivalent dedicated use devices providing the above functionality. For example, it's cheaper than many webcams providing an equivalent conferencing function.

This is also scope limited to our workplace, the options for the home are much greater.

I bought out the remaining stock at my local Staples (or so they claim), but I'm probably done at (4x). Slowly but surely, we'll see more sales like this, but primarily for subsidized devices such as from Amazon.

Yes, this is still on the RCSS website, and yes you can still price match at most BestBuys and Staples.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15156 posts
4968 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Interesting...but I have enough single-function tablets laying around...iPad3, LePan, Playbook, an old Asus 7" that I can't even remember the exact model name of...
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4982 posts
4421 upvotes
gmoney506 wrote: You should have had them apply SCOP and got it for $29.98.
gmoney506 wrote: For the $89.99 one, you should have had them apply SCOP and got it for $29.98. Who is going to that store first? I am too far.
It didn't sound like SS was willing to even honour the sale advertised price. So good luck even trying to get it @ $39.98

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)