Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] Beef Brisket (AAA) $3.98/lb - September 17-23, 2020 (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 2:07 pm
Dec 17, 2017
128 posts
71 upvotes
sedawk wrote: Do you know if the Costco beef brisket is mechanically tenderized as well?
Unless something has changed none of the whole vacuum packed pieces are mechanically tenderized. The last brisket I bought there certainly wasn't.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2142 posts
1446 upvotes
Mississauga
Just bought a AAA brisket for $7.99/kg at Costco last week.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9668 posts
1164 upvotes
GTA
I decided to try to get a Costco brisket this morning but the South Mississauga store didn't have any.... I did my Costco shopping for the next few weeks today so probably will go to RCSS instead and grab their tomorrow and hope that I can find brisket at Costco next time. I did pick up some pork back ribs and simmering beef ribs which turn out great smoked too.. Oh, and I treated myself to the wagyu for the first time too since it was on sale. ($15 off a package) even though still very expensive..
Jul 3, 2017
114 posts
240 upvotes
What's the recommended way of cooking this if you don't have a smoker/bbq? Oven? Sous vide?
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1347 posts
1255 upvotes
YLSF wrote: Can anyone confirm current price at Costco. I think I saw a thread where it was up to like $14.99 a kg at one point.

If anyone sees this pricing for brisket at Fortino's please post since someone said they got it a Zehrs for the same price.
I'm not sure the price /kg but I was there yesterday and they had some nice peices for about $50. I'd estimate 12lbs or so. Trim looked good.
Jul 3, 2014
49 posts
15 upvotes
Regina, SK
All you need to do to find a decent brisket is look and "feel" - if you find a brisket that is stiff and hard; there will be a lot of hard fat that will not render and will need to be cut off. A good brisket that is trimmed properly with minimal waste should be soft.
Apr 6, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
,,,c2z
Bidjaan wrote: Last one from Costco was 9.99/kg but it was Prime. The trim was excellent and the shape was gorgeous after I did some minor clean up. Found there to be less waste with the prime. Previous one from Costco was 8.99/kg and was AAA. I had to do a lot of trimming and it was heavy on fat. There was a lot of waste but it did look great after trimming. That was my experience. Will get one from Superstore this weekend.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2192 posts
1701 upvotes
Markham
SamuelNapper wrote: What's the recommended way of cooking this if you don't have a smoker/bbq? Oven? Sous vide?
I’ve done the 4 hour smoke, then 50 hour sous vide, as well as the 5 hour oven (smoke flavour injected, wrapped with beef broth).

For the amount of effort and overall satisfaction, I prefer the oven.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Jul 19, 2012
69 posts
114 upvotes
Victoria
Costco in Victoria, BC, is charging close to $8/kg, something like $7.79/kg.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2999 posts
1502 upvotes
GTA
SkiLLz wrote: Just bought a AAA brisket for $7.99/kg at Costco last week.
Got a 9.5 KG (21lbs) brisket at Costco Leaside yesterday, $7.99 / KG
Dec 26, 2006
918 posts
843 upvotes
pokeyshabadoo wrote: Costco in Victoria, BC, is charging close to $8/kg, something like $7.79/kg.
Do they have many to choose from in Victoria?
Feb 6, 2017
125 posts
177 upvotes
So got out of the RCSS at Mavis and the printed a a correction from AAA to AA. Picked one up, still looked pretty good but will know this weekend.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4320 posts
1258 upvotes
what's with the brisket deals at regular supermarkets these days? They don't do this in other years.
Do they have a beef excess due to covid these days or something?
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1662 posts
727 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
SomeOtherDude wrote: what's with the brisket deals at regular supermarkets these days? They don't do this in other years.
Do they have a beef excess due to covid these days or something?
It's like the rib roast deals they've had in years prior.
May 30, 2016
329 posts
372 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
stwan001 wrote: So got out of the RCSS at Mavis and the printed a a correction from AAA to AA. Picked one up, still looked pretty good but will know this weekend.
AA not as hot then. I'll skip. Thanks