Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] Beef Brisket (AAA) $3.98/lb - September 17-23, 2020 (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 2:07 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9668 posts
1164 upvotes
GTA
At the Oakville RCSS they didn't have them out in the fridges so I asked them to grab me two. I didn't even check the label that it was only AA vs. AAA. (still didnt't go back to check). I am going to trim one for smoking in next few days and keep the 2nd one for a few weeks (guy said good for 21 days). Wish I was able to pick my own but one had a pretty huge piece of fat which will have to trim off.
Nov 17, 2007
108 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
SomeOtherDude wrote: what's with the brisket deals at regular supermarkets these days? They don't do this in other years.
Do they have a beef excess due to covid these days or something?
Reckon it's because of the cancellation of all the Ribfests. Brisket is a big seller at smokeathons. I have a brisket I bought at Zehrs last week and will probably make some more Montreal smoked meat and some corned beef when the cabbages come in at a reasonable price. Brisket freezes quite well so I can be patient.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5425 posts
1768 upvotes
HDawg wrote: I’ve done the 4 hour smoke, then 50 hour sous vide, as well as the 5 hour oven (smoke flavour injected, wrapped with beef broth).

For the amount of effort and overall satisfaction, I prefer the oven.
I'm sorry, did you say FIFTY HOUR sous vide????
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Jul 23, 2010
509 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
Conflicting info here. Is this deal AAA or AA, if latter I won’t be bothering. Please and thank you.
Oct 24, 2010
905 posts
683 upvotes
Ottawa
stwan001 wrote: So got out of the RCSS at Mavis and the printed a a correction from AAA to AA. Picked one up, still looked pretty good but will know this weekend.
Thanks. I was going to ask where the beef is from, but that doesn't matter if it's AA. I won't touch AA, and I won't touch corn fed swill.

Everything at Loblaws owned banners in Ottawa seems to fit one of those two buckets, though. I almost threw out several pounds of meat last time I bought beef at RCSS because I could barely stomach it.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9668 posts
1164 upvotes
GTA
Tactical wrote: Conflicting info here. Is this deal AAA or AA, if latter I won’t be bothering. Please and thank you.
I didn't see the post about the correction until after I bought the meat. The vacuum/plastic bag doesn't actually have a marking on it re: grading. There is no stamp or anything on the meat itself. The pricing label just says Brisket. Doesn't say what grade it is. I don't know how to tell what grade it is but it looks similar to AAA I have bought before but it has been a long time since I have smoked a brisket so I wouldn't take my word for it. Maybe best to contact your local RCSS and check with the meat department.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1360 posts
743 upvotes
Toronto
IMG_20200917_165656.jpg
IMG_20200917_165652.jpg
RCSS Aurora has $8.77/kg. AAA

Each pieces are like...8kg +$65....

I'll buy mine from t&T instead..
Last edited by yellowmp5 on Sep 17th, 2020 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6370 posts
2639 upvotes
Tactical wrote: Conflicting info here. Is this deal AAA or AA, if latter I won’t be bothering. Please and thank you.
RCSS at Dufferin and Steeles in Toronto has the "Advertisement Correction" notice posted on the bunker with the cryovac brisket. They only had about 6 pieces - Meat Dept clerk told me that everything was cryovac at the sale price - if I wanted a smaller piece it was a higher price per pound.
I took the smallest piece - around $67.
It's AA not AAA according to the correction notice but there is nothing on the pkg to indicate grade.
Mar 1, 2017
322 posts
105 upvotes
SamuelNapper wrote: What's the recommended way of cooking this if you don't have a smoker/bbq? Oven? Sous vide?
Bake the brisket. Add onions and chili sauce and a little water and cook. Slice against the grain. Easy and delicious.
Jul 23, 2010
509 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
plymouthhater wrote: RCSS at Dufferin and Steeles in Toronto has the "Advertisement Correction" notice posted on the bunker with the cryovac brisket. They only had about 6 pieces - Meat Dept clerk told me that everything was cryovac at the sale price - if I wanted a smaller piece it was a higher price per pound.
I took the smallest piece - around $67.
It's AA not AAA according to the correction notice but there is nothing on the pkg to indicate grade.
Very detailed and crystal clear, backs up what others are saying here, I would give more likes if I could.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9668 posts
1164 upvotes
GTA
yellowmp5 wrote:

RCSS Aurora has $8.77/kg. AAA

Interesting these packages have the AAA stickers as the two I bought in Oakville didn't have the stickers on. Wonder if it is really AAA ...Could catch them in another food scam after the bread price fixing..
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3893 posts
2044 upvotes
Toronto
deezz wrote: I'm sorry, did you say FIFTY HOUR sous vide????
I personally prefer the 72 hour cook, with 3 hour cold smoke prior.
So tender and tasty....
Oct 17, 2017
29 posts
22 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Zehrs had the same sale last week, got myself a big ass brisket and it was like 30% fat, since zehrs and superstore are both owned by PC, I think it’s going to be similar. I have a Costco membership, most of the time brisket is 9.99 a kg in Waterloo, but given some people saying Costco brisket is trimmed better, I’ll give it a try.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1697 posts
950 upvotes
Vancouver
i had success with a 36 hour sousvide @ 155 and liquid smoke. RCSS had these tiny little 4lb points that needed no trimming and fit in a large ziploc bag. It was dead easy. Next time I'll do 150 for a AAA.