Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] BOTAN CALROSE RICE 8kg $6.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2019 10:02 pm
Jun 16, 2012
415 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto. ON
lol, you'll find in life that people's lives are getting so uninteresting, that they feel the need to champion a cause. Result, to spread fear and misinformation.

I went to the Lucky Loon Lager thread here, there was no mention of GMO barley......

Yet...... Face Savouring Delicious Food
May 20, 2017
419 posts
205 upvotes
ON
Come on guys, you all got your points out and we are informed. Thank you. Now let's go back on the topic, it's a very good price, is it store specific or all RCSS stores carrying it have it on sale for same price?
Jul 4, 2018
287 posts
215 upvotes
Elgrand wrote:
Jul 14th, 2019 4:24 pm
all gone in aurora store @ 12pm
Thats expected by this time. Any asians like myself that eats; EATS rice like crazy and is close by that store would have bought at least 10-15 bags
Put some resphek on my name!
May 24, 2019
46 posts
19 upvotes
Lévis
Good deal (price for that quantity). I wish I had one of those stores close to where I live.

If I can chime in on the GMO rant, I don't think there is scientific evidence that they are harmful at this point. I guess it's not to say we shouldn't be careful, but still... Pretty much every food is nowadays, as we did it long before genetic engineering.
I care more about pesticides and other chemicals (which are often put on GMOs I guess). I buy organic when I can but for rice, the price is significantly higher. They have some decent basmati at Costco but it's at least twice that price. Not every one can afford that to feed their family.

As someone else mentioned, it's mainly arsenic you should be concerned in rice, which is why you shouldn't eat too much of it.