Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Real Canadian Superstore

Charmin 20 triple rolls $12.77

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 10:20 am
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars

[Real Canadian Superstore] Charmin 20 triple rolls $12.77

ultrasoft, i.e. kiss my arse softly
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 5th, 2020 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: replaced with RFD flyer
Thread Summary
Cost comparison breakdown: See Post #15
51 replies
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17378 upvotes
Markham
Waiting for the toilet paper analysts to chime in how good this deal is.
Images
  • charmin.JPG
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
Thanks OP.
[edited]
Last edited by ahoroba on Aug 5th, 2020 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
2013 posts
613 upvotes
Calgary
Must be in the East only.

My Calgary flyer has the 24 quad rolls (96) for $19.98
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2463 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
canehdianman wrote: Must be in the East only.

My Calgary flyer has the 24 quad rolls (96) for $19.98
Same price in Ontario this week but sale ends today. This is a better price per roll than what OP posted
Images
  • Screenshot_20200805-105344_reebee.jpg
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars
ahoroba wrote: Thanks OP.
But, as a 15-year veteran of RFD, you should know better than to include links to the other site (smart*******), which is forbidden by RFD rules, because they are competing businesses.
The mods will delete this thread very soon and (maybe) give you a warning.
Are you not aware that the upcoming RCSS flyer was already posted in the "Flyers" section of RFD, long before you started the thread?
Why would you want to break the forum rules and attract the wrath of RFD admins by linking to the very same content posted on a competitor's website?
oops, i didn't know about this until today, i mean that smart competition. i didn't even register an account there. have been thinking it's only an ads centre. i never checked flyer section here. i almost always come to "hot deals" board and 90%+ time only this board. more than half of the boards on RFD I have never been in there. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

i actually have been here more than 15 years. my first id was back in 2003 or 04, didn't even remember the id. and didn't come to rfd that often then, and i forgot the password. somehow had a hard time to recover it so i just register this id, hence "forgetpwd". Smiling Face With Open Mouth

damn, i have been here almost 20 years? Am I fking old! Damn, I should retire to Thailand.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2013
1046 posts
1308 upvotes
Ontario
I've learned that "double/triple/mega roll" can mean very different things per manufacturer...
Anybody know how many sheets per roll with this one?
The flyer's image is too small to show the specs.
you should know better than to include links to the other site (smart*******), which is forbidden by RFD rules, because they are competing businesses.
The mods will delete this thread very soon and (maybe) give you a warning.
Are you not aware that the upcoming RCSS flyer was already posted in the "Flyers" section of RFD, long before you started the thread?
Why would you want to break the forum rules and attract the wrath of RFD admins by linking to the very same content posted on a competitor's website?
forgetpwd wrote: oops, i didn't know about this until today
Isn't it great when people assume malice on your part? "Why would you want to break the forum rules???" lol
Last edited by RoseTech on Aug 5th, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 14, 2014
186 posts
478 upvotes
Markham
yesnomaybe wrote: Same price in Ontario this week but sale ends today. This is a better price per roll than what OP posted
Are you suggesting 24 for $19.99 is better than 20 for $12.77?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2463 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
zaibii786 wrote: Are you suggesting 24 for $19.99 is better than 20 for $12.77?
Yes
24 mega rolls vs 20 triple rolls
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2013
1046 posts
1308 upvotes
Ontario
zaibii786 wrote: Are you suggesting 24 for $19.99 is better than 20 for $12.77?
Yes, it is... I'm suggesting you read the type of toilet paper and roll before making your comparison.

It's 24 quad rolls = 96 "regular Charmin rolls", so it's $19.99/96= 20.8¢/Charmin roll
Compare with OP's 20 triple rolls = $12.77/60 = 21.3¢/Charmin roll

Note that you can only make a per-roll comparison within the same brand. As a "regular roll" can mean different things per brand.
Jul 14, 2014
186 posts
478 upvotes
Markham
Excellent, thank you for the detailed analysis
Sep 5, 2013
165 posts
88 upvotes
Mississauga
I judge value for dollar by the following simple formula:

Number of sheets per roll x Number of rolls = Total # of sheets.
Price of package / Total # of sheets = $ of ONE sheet to wipe your arse. (this is a fun conversation at parties).

Most rolls are of the same width so we don't need to take that into consideration.
I ignore single ply (lol - talk about cheap).
-------------------
Some rolls are very tiny, others like Costco are humongous and may/may not fit on your toilet paper holder.
I usually buy Costco TP.

TP lasts me ages - although my significant other goes through it like hot cakes. It's crazy, but that's life.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars
RoseTech wrote: I've learned that "double/triple/mega roll" can mean very different things per manufacturer...
Anybody know how many sheets per roll with this one?
The flyer's image is too small to show the specs.

i wonder how many people have really read the forum rules, just like those (fine) prints of credit cards when you apply.
Isn't it great when people assume malice on your part? "Why would you want to break the forum rules???" lol
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2013
1046 posts
1308 upvotes
Ontario
gr8dlr wrote: Waiting for the toilet paper analysts to chime in how good this deal is.
Marc9999 wrote: I judge value for dollar by the following simple formula:

Number of sheets per roll x Number of rolls = Total # of sheets.
Price of package / Total # of sheets = $ of ONE sheet to wipe your arse. (this is a fun conversation at parties).

Most rolls are of the same width so we don't need to take that into consideration.
I ignore single ply (lol - talk about cheap).
Yeah, this is what I normally do, except by the 1000 sheets because that's too many a decimal places lol, but I can't find out the sheets/roll here.

Found the sheets per roll. Was able to zoom in with higher res digital version of flyer.
Apparently even though they say triple and double, looks like a single roll can mean different things for even the same brand (maybe because different strength/softness of paper). Always definitely best to compare by the # of sheets. Then decide on the quality/softness/strength/etc.

Here we go:
[@yesnomaybe's] RCSS Charmin Ultra Strong 24 Mega (Quad) Roll for $19.99 has just 198 sheets/roll → $2.91 per 1000 sheets
[OP's] RCSS Charmin Ultra Soft 24 Triple Roll for $12.77 has just 286 sheets/roll → $3.22 per 1000 sheets

Not so great value for any of these tbh (see image)

Better value right now:
RCSS Cottonelle Cashmere 24 Double Roll for $9.98 has 242 sheets/roll → $1.72 per 1000 sheets ✔
Walmart Royale Original 30 Large Roll for $14.97* has 338 sheets/roll → $1.48 per 1000 sheets ✔
*If you print off $1 coupon from royale.ca, $13.97$1.38 per 1000 sheets ✔✔

Compare with Costco Kirkland 30 rolls for $17.99 425 sheets/roll → $1.41 per 1000 sheets

(All sheets 2-ply unless otherwise indicated.)

Of course, it also depends on your product preference. I don't really care for Charmin to begin with so I'm fine with going with Royale.
Images
  • unnamed.png
Last edited by RoseTech on Aug 6th, 2020 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2463 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
You can't compare Charmin to those other brands
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2013
1046 posts
1308 upvotes
Ontario
yesnomaybe wrote: You can't compare Charmin to those other brands
As I said, depends on the person. On RFD, it might be safe to say that one doesn't want to pay double the price of Royale for Charmin.

Best to, indeed do the comparison, then decide how much money you want to put into the brand.
Sep 5, 2013
165 posts
88 upvotes
Mississauga
Yeah, strength/softness etc. are subjective measures for sure. Only you can decide what feels good, or like sandpaper on your rear end. In which case, splurge and pay more for you rear end maintenance.

I tend to be cheap on some things, so I'll admit I focus mostly entirely on 2-ply value per sheet lol. Costo or Walmart usually prevail.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
zaibii786 wrote:
Are you suggesting 24 for $19.99 is better than 20 for $12.77?
When it comes to TP? 100%. Well 70% because who knows what a "roll" actually means any more.
Apparently 24 = 96 too which according to basic math doesn't really sound right.

That's also why we have
toilet-paper-calculation-thread-2078163/
But the print is too fine for me to do the math on it.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2013
1046 posts
1308 upvotes
Ontario
death_hawk wrote: When it comes to TP? 100%. Well 70% because who knows what a "roll" actually means any more.
Apparently 24 = 96 too which according to basic math doesn't really sound right.
That's also why we have
toilet-paper-calculation-thread-2078163/
But the print is too fine for me to do the math on it.
I found the # of sheets per roll by zooming into digital flyer. I did use the calculator. See above post.