Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore (East)] Whole, Cryovaced Fresh Beef Tenderloin $9.99lb PC Certified AAA Angus or USDA choice

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2020 3:03 am
[OP]
Nov 9, 2005
210 posts
260 upvotes

Whole, Cryovaced Fresh Beef Tenderloin $9.99lb PC Certified AAA Angus or USDA choice

Price:
$9.99lb
Expiry:
May 20, 2020
Retailer:
Real Canadian Superstore (East)
Whole beef tenderloin on sale. $9.99lb. PC certified angus or USDA grade

Cryovac sealed and NOT de-muscled. Limit 2.

Don't forget to add your offers for PC points. I got 100 pts per $1.
Images
  • 20200514_115623.jpg
  • 20200514_115630.jpg
  • Screenshot_20200514-120744_Samsung Internet.jpg
Last edited by cute_honey on May 14th, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 replies
[OP]
Nov 9, 2005
210 posts
260 upvotes
PerformingAzura wrote: NOT de-muscled does that mean good for dry aging?
Not sure but not de-muscled means you have to take out this string of white muscle. Why they normally charge you so much for.

I watched a youtube video on how to de-muscle. Wasn't too bad.

Aug 21, 2011
97 posts
43 upvotes
ch00chmuld00n wrote: East only? So this is a no go for Ontario? Boo-urns.
I think by east it means east of Manitoba - there's no RCSS in Atlantic Canada, just Atlantic Superstore. No tenderloin in the Atlantic flyer this week
Jan 22, 2014
158 posts
115 upvotes
Guelph
Just did a quick search what is dry aging and thanks bro you opened my mind.
Aug 8, 2007
416 posts
264 upvotes
I went to the one on Don Mills in Toronto. They had mostly USDA but mixed with some Canadian. All marked Angus but not marked AAA or USDA Choice anywhere - is that usual? I picked out a nice USDA one but In looking closely at them it became obvious to me that the weights weren’t right as two were priced identically but not close on weight when you picked them up. I took a couple to produce to check weigh them and not of them weighed what was labelled. Good news is that most actually weighed much more than labelled but not sure if this was just a Tare weight allowance for packaging. The one light one I took back to the butcher to point this out and he wasn’t very much interested and challenged me so I put it on his scale at the meat counter and it was at least 300 or 400 grams less than labelled. He took it back with a shrug and not much more, not sure he actually repriced it though. I just wanted to point this out for other customers as I wasn’t going to buy it and that one was over 10% too expensive. Makes me think twice when looking at their weights but as most were light I guess on average we are ahead.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5654 posts
5045 upvotes
hnxy99 wrote: Just did a quick search what is dry aging and thanks bro you opened my mind.
Definitely would not attempt to dry age a tenderloin at home... You're going to end up with $100 of rotten meat.
Feb 18, 2014
491 posts
286 upvotes
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: I went to the one on Don Mills in Toronto. They had mostly USDA but mixed with some Canadian. All marked Angus but not marked AAA or USDA Choice anywhere - is that usual? I picked out a nice USDA one but In looking closely at them it became obvious to me that the weights weren’t right as two were priced identically but not close on weight when you picked them up. I took a couple to produce to check weigh them and not of them weighed what was labelled. Good news is that most actually weighed much more than labelled but not sure if this was just a Tare weight allowance for packaging. The one light one I took back to the butcher to point this out and he wasn’t very much interested and challenged me so I put it on his scale at the meat counter and it was at least 300 or 400 grams less than labelled. He took it back with a shrug and not much more, not sure he actually repriced it though. I just wanted to point this out for other customers as I wasn’t going to buy it and that one was over 10% too expensive. Makes me think twice when looking at their weights but as most were light I guess on average we are ahead.
Good catch.
When I was younger we used to do that when we had whole pork hams and shoulders on special, makes a huge difference when you sell well over 1500 pieces/week.

Happens all the time, much more then you think especially when items are on special, they purposely add a weight to the scale to increase the cost.