Expired Hot Deals

Real Canadian Superstore

FREE 100 PCO pts w/ return of empty plant pots

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2021 1:00 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 17, 2002
12920 posts
3441 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)

[Real Canadian Superstore] FREE 100 PCO pts w/ return of empty plant pots

09971A4A-F73C-44DE-A04F-F718B2DA1067.jpeg
[ please DOWNVOTE my posts, upvote serve no purpose ]
32 replies
Member
Sep 27, 2012
214 posts
60 upvotes
GVR
Was that in the flyer? Don't see anything on the PC optimum app...?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1661 posts
2016 upvotes
Interesting. Only for PC pots? Dunno if they would want people returning all types of pots to them even if not theres. Sure they don't care about recycling, just selling more of theres lol
Member
Mar 7, 2011
213 posts
234 upvotes
Calgary
shiire wrote: Was that in the flyer? Don't see anything on the PC optimum app...?
I found it in the May 7 to June 3 flyer. Seems it's for all pots?
Untitled.png
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2784 posts
2368 upvotes
BC
Time to raid some recycling bins for plant pots instead of the usual pop cans!Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
Newbie
Jun 3, 2015
85 posts
59 upvotes
North York, ON
These can’t go in our recycling bins, that’s why this is such a good thing!!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 27, 2006
4038 posts
1068 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
Redrufus wrote: These can’t go in our recycling bins, that’s why this is such a good thing!!
Depends on the city, some welcome them. I recycled a huge amount last year, too bad I wish I got points for them.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2784 posts
2368 upvotes
BC
Redrufus wrote: These can’t go in our recycling bins, that’s why this is such a good thing!!
fergy wrote: Depends on the city, some welcome them. I recycled a huge amount last year, too bad I wish I got points for them.
Never had issues putting these into recycling myself either
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1014 posts
167 upvotes
Mississauga
Yes, some municipal recycle systems no longer accept black plastic. This is a welcome initiative! Thanks O.P!
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
audentis Fortuna iuvat
Newbie
Aug 7, 2010
49 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton
They only accept the pots and flats previously purchased from the garden centre… nothing from outside sources.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 9, 2002
2620 posts
547 upvotes
Burlington
I read 100 pts on return of empty pot plants...was confused
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Newbie
Dec 24, 2015
50 posts
10 upvotes
no name wrote: They only accept the pots and flats previously purchased from the garden centre… nothing from outside sources.
Can anyone corroborate this? Does not specify on the flyer, which would imply that they accept any empty pot.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
16060 posts
4639 upvotes
Scarberia
is there a max amount of pots u can bring in? tia

i could get like 100 pots! easy peasy 10k pts
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Newbie
Jan 26, 2007
85 posts
99 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: is there a max amount of pots u can bring in? tia

i could get like 100 pots! easy peasy 10k pts
Thanks OP for this. Had a bunch of empty pots sitting under my deck accumulating so a good excuse to get rid of them. Had a grocery run to the Dufferin/Steeles RCS location today and brought all 40 with me. Turns out the clerk at the garden centre said it's a limit of 25 pots per PCO account. Not sure if this is true chain wide or just this location. Didn't want to make a fuss over the extra $1.5 worth of points so just passed the remaining 15 pots on to the person behind me and gave her some free PCO points. At least my deck is a bit tidier now and a random stranger got a small benefit as well.
Newbie
User avatar
Oct 22, 2020
18 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is this only for Eastern Canada? I live in BC and the cashier at the garden centre today had no idea about this promotion. I just wound up leaving them there for recycling anyways.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2784 posts
2368 upvotes
BC
matchapuff wrote: Is this only for Eastern Canada? I live in BC and the cashier at the garden centre today had no idea about this promotion. I just wound up leaving them there for recycling anyways.
It was in the BC flyer as well... Good to know. No need for me to try and collect these for returning.
Member
Jun 6, 2014
267 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does anyone know if any other stores are taking these back? Superstore is further for me. Not about the points, but would like to help the environment.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2784 posts
2368 upvotes
BC
icedtea365 wrote: Does anyone know if any other stores are taking these back? Superstore is further for me. Not about the points, but would like to help the environment.
I could be wrong but I think plant nursery will take these back
Sr. Member
Jan 3, 2013
771 posts
333 upvotes
Mississauga
icedtea365 wrote: Does anyone know if any other stores are taking these back? Superstore is further for me. Not about the points, but would like to help the environment.
I saw it posted at the Loblaws garden centre when I was there earlier today.

Top