Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] Get 5,000 PC Points ($5) when you spend $20 or more on your next purchase (Sept. 18 to 20)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2020 6:28 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
1213 posts
1580 upvotes
West
Any idea if we're able to use this in specialty departments (i.e. optical)?
Sep 5, 2020
170 posts
93 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: Did you see that each week’s coupon has different dates?
And different UPC codes too so you need a new coupon every weekend. In addition RCSS and No Frills has their own coupon (can’t reiterate that often enough)

Side note: the No Frills thread has a discussion on generating the UPC codes for the coupon if you’re interested
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3065 posts
1671 upvotes
Phonophoresis wrote: Any idea if we're able to use this in specialty departments (i.e. optical)?
Some optical operation in a RCSS store is a 3rd party business(I.e. a independent business is renting space in RCSS store) which is not related to RCSS. You can always ask that operation.
Sep 5, 2020
170 posts
93 upvotes
Phonophoresis wrote: Any idea if we're able to use this in specialty departments (i.e. optical)?
It does say not valid on any products that’s provincially regulated (ie pharmacy) which this may be or any non participating 3rd party which this would fit into

IMHO
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3065 posts
1671 upvotes
JustMe000 wrote: Shhhhhh. The RCSS/No Frills cashiers are reading this
Those cashiers should be paid higher wage for doing a good job by spending their own time learning everything about their job. Haha.
Nov 29, 2019
172 posts
62 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: Technically(according to the T& C), you are limited to one time use of each week’s coupon per acct(I.e. one transaction of each coupon per acct), but everyone here have been using each week’s coupon multiple times.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks. People are going multiple times to the store in these times? haha that's crazy!
Sep 5, 2020
170 posts
93 upvotes
MaanitS29496 wrote: Ah, gotcha. Thanks. People are going multiple times to the store in these times? haha that's crazy!
Just one time but doing multiple transactions.

I know, I’m splitting hair.
Nov 29, 2019
172 posts
62 upvotes
JustMe000 wrote: Just one time but doing multiple transactions.

I know, I’m splitting hair.
Haha yes, I got you I was being silly!
I did check the No Frills thread but I'd rather use it at RCSS. If I use it multiple times, do I need to generate different codes for RCSS as well or it's a generic code that I can just use over again in a new transaction?

Is it best practice to do it at the same cashier or just do different transactions with different cashiers to make it easier?

I'm making a list of items to maximize the $20 transactions with price match, etc and make the most of this deal haha.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3569 posts
8925 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
For those using the self checkout at RCSS:

I was able to use last weekend's coupon last weekend without any clerk interaction. Today the machine said I needed clerk assistance. Looked up and saw the yellow flashing light. As there was no one else waiting in line, I decided to wait it out a bit (10 seconds or so?) and the screen eventually cleared itself and allowed me to proceed to Pay. Made sure the 5K for $20 spend and 5,000 points showed up on the screen before payment.

Not sure if this is normal but it worked for me. Thanks again OP for the thread/code.
Sep 5, 2020
170 posts
93 upvotes
MaanitS29496 wrote: Haha yes, I got you I was being silly!
I did check the No Frills thread but I'd rather use it at RCSS. If I use it multiple times, do I need to generate different codes for RCSS as well or it's a generic code that I can just use over again in a new transaction?

Is it best practice to do it at the same cashier or just do different transactions with different cashiers to make it easier?

I'm making a list of items to maximize the $20 transactions with price match, etc and make the most of this deal haha.
It seems that everyone has been using one cashier or self checkout, but as always YMMV

I might as well say it again the RCSS coupon is red and the No Frills is yellow, just in case you try to use the NF coupon at RCSS . If you’re colour blind, you’re on your own. The coupon is generic
Sep 5, 2020
170 posts
93 upvotes
trystee wrote: For those using the self checkout at RCSS:

I was able to use last weekend's coupon last weekend without any clerk interaction. Today the machine said I needed clerk assistance. Looked up and saw the yellow flashing light. As there was no one else waiting in line, I decided to wait it out a bit (10 seconds or so?) and the screen eventually cleared itself and allowed me to proceed to Pay. Made sure the 5K for $20 spend and 5,000 points showed up on the screen before payment.

Not sure if this is normal but it worked for me. Thanks again OP for the thread/code.
Which city? In Edmonton last week the light turned red and needed the attendant at self checkout.

I think
Green = checkout available
Yellow (amber) = checkout in use
Red = attendant needed
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3569 posts
8925 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
JustMe000 wrote: Which city? In Edmonton last week the light turned red and needed the attendant at self checkout.

I think
Green = checkout available
Yellow (amber) = checkout in use
Red = attendant needed
Edmonton Clareview. Maybe it was red today but didn't need an attendant last weekend (at least for my purchase).
Sep 5, 2020
170 posts
93 upvotes
trystee wrote: Edmonton Clareview. Maybe it was red today but didn't need an attendant last weekend (at least for my purchase).
Same location I went to. Maybe I didn’t need someone but she came over because the light was red
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3065 posts
1671 upvotes
MaanitS29496 wrote: Haha yes, I got you I was being silly!

It depends how 'responsible & knowledgeable' the cashier is. If the cashier knows the T & C of the coupon, then she won't let you use it more than once. if that is the case, then just go to a different cashier. If the cashier doesn't know or care, then do it multiple times with the same cashier.
Sep 5, 2020
170 posts
93 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: It depends how 'responsible & knowledgeable' the cashier is. If the cashier knows the T & C of the coupon, then she won't let you use it more than once. if that is the case, then just go to a different cashier. If the cashier doesn't know or care, then do it multiple times with the same cashier.
Would you care if you got a small raise for working on the onset of this pandemic but now it’s rolled back since this crisis is not as severe?