Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] Get 5,000 PC Points ($5) when you spend $20 or more on your next purchase (Sept. 18 to 20)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2020 6:28 pm
Jul 11, 2017
465 posts
405 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: Those cashiers should be paid higher wage for doing a good job by spending their own time learning everything about their job. Haha.
Well... As a cashier at times (Have the training and If I'm not at 40hrs on nights, I can take on cash shifts), I will say a LOT of the cashiers SHOULD learn more, but don't seem to know much... I had a whole 4hrs of training and feel that I know more than the vets there because of my couponing knowledge. The only thing they've got me beat on is remembering all those produce codes...
Sep 5, 2020
157 posts
90 upvotes
johnb56789 wrote: Well... As a cashier at times (Have the training and If I'm not at 40hrs on nights, I can take on cash shifts), I will say a LOT of the cashiers SHOULD learn more, but don't seem to know much... I had a whole 4hrs of training and feel that I know more than the vets there because of my couponing knowledge. The only thing they've got me beat on is remembering all those produce codes...
Yeah, the cashier line suppose to be go go go so they want you to remember the PLUs. If you’re lucky there will be a sticker on it with the PLU, ie regular bananas is 4011, organic is different
Sep 14, 2020
52 posts
55 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I have been hauling harder than ever before. 7 orders this afternoon and going back for more tonight! This is the opportunity to stock up on PC Organics before PC Insiders is nerfed!
Nov 29, 2019
167 posts
61 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: It depends how 'responsible & knowledgeable' the cashier is. If the cashier knows the T & C of the coupon, then she won't let you use it more than once. if that is the case, then just go to a different cashier. If the cashier doesn't know or care, then do it multiple times with the same cashier.
Used it twice today. I had the shredded cheese pts offer in my app so I stocked up on cheese, and got the 5000 pts.

2nd transaction, picked up 4 of the Dove products (3 of the men+care and 1 of the regular doves) as I had a $2 for the regular one as well on C51 and $2 3x of the men+care.

4 Dove for 2.88 each= $11.52
4 Kashi bars price match with No Frills @ 2.87 ea= 11.48 minus $1 ea Save it forward = $7.48

Total $19
Add 5000pts coupon for $20 purchase (which seems to work as it might be after tax)
C51- $8 for Dove+ $4 Kashi bars= $12

So after $5 PCO pts+ $12 C51 cash back, it ended up costing me $4 bucks after tax!
Dove= ~0.57 each
Kashi= ~0.70 each

Same cashier so it was easy!
I'm going to do another one as I have some RCSS pts offers for Downy and Doritos stuff so I want to write it down tonight and make a trip early tomorrow morning to get those things!
Thanks for the tips :)
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3035 posts
1634 upvotes
I have a record low total amt of $18.94 to get the 5k points today. I just keep asking the cashier to tell me if I got the 5k points already as the total getting closer to $19.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3035 posts
1634 upvotes
johnb56789 wrote: Well... As a cashier at times (Have the training and If I'm not at 40hrs on nights, I can take on cash shifts), I will say a LOT of the cashiers SHOULD learn more, but don't seem to know much... I had a whole 4hrs of training and feel that I know more than the vets there because of my couponing knowledge. The only thing they've got me beat on is remembering all those produce codes...
Hopefully you are not going to tell your boss about what people here are doing to use the coupon. haha.
Sep 5, 2020
157 posts
90 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: Hopefully you are not going to tell your boss about what people here are doing to use the coupon. haha.
I’ll put $20 on it that he won’t. He’ll lose out if he did. I’m willing to bet that this deal is better than the employee discount.
Jun 29, 2006
421 posts
53 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: I have a record low total amt of $18.94 to get the 5k points today. I just keep asking the cashier to tell me if I got the 5k points already as the total getting closer to $19.
so it only needs $19.00 to get the 5k?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11858 posts
10789 upvotes
bobobee wrote: so it only needs $19.00 to get the 5k?
No it depends on whether your cashier will let it go and scan your coupon.

Last week, purchased $20.88 according to my calculation. But two items was scanned 50 cents cheaper at the register. My total = $20.88 - $1 = $19.88. My cashier refuse to scan my coupon.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Jul 13, 2020
38 posts
36 upvotes
Anyone else run into an issue redeeming their points while attempting to earn the 5k as well at RCSS?
My ability to redeem points was greyed out at the self check out
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11858 posts
10789 upvotes
Awongy wrote: Anyone else run into an issue redeeming their points while attempting to earn the 5k as well at RCSS?
My ability to redeem points was greyed out at the self check out
I can redeem and got the 5k pts this afternoon.
Check your configuration. Is the card you used today configured for earn points only?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1402 posts
871 upvotes
Vancouver
Ugh I just bought from Superstore today not knowing there was this coupon.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2079 posts
1583 upvotes
Seriously, if no frills and superstore keeps on going with this 5000 points coupon every week, along with their price matching policy in place, they are going to steal a great deal of market share in the supermarket sector for a while.

Mr Weston's pockets will be plenty happy soon.
Sep 5, 2020
157 posts
90 upvotes
Alivenate wrote: Ugh I just bought from Superstore today not knowing there was this coupon.
Do a points inquiry and tell them you scanned the coupon but it didn’t show up. Depending on the rep handling your inquiry it may be quick and painless or maybe they’ll have you jumping thru hoops.

Hope you didn’t spend much more than $20.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3035 posts
1634 upvotes
embguy wrote: No it depends on whether your cashier will let it go and scan your coupon.

Last week, purchased $20.88 according to my calculation. But two items was scanned 50 cents cheaper at the register. My total = $20.88 - $1 = $19.88. My cashier refuse to scan my coupon.
You should tell the cashier to scan your PCO card & the coupon first before scanning the stuffs you are going to buy. It is not up to the cashier to decide whether to give the 5k point or not. if she refuses, then go to another cashier.