Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] Get 5,000 PC Points ($5) when you spend $20 or more on your next purchase (Sept. 18 to 20)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2020 6:28 pm
Nov 29, 2019
167 posts
61 upvotes
naticom wrote: I took advantage the offer 6 time via self checkout but it’s a PITA as the machine is slow, and the self checkout helper was looking at me all the time as I bought a lot of diapers. I had to explain I needed separate receipts
Just say you're shopping for many families haha
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3035 posts
1634 upvotes
bobobee wrote: there's an offer on the flyer for spend $100.00 and get 20000 points. I did self checkout, I spent enough, but didn't see the 20000 points show up on the machine. I used coupons which made me go under $100.00, so of course the employee said that's the reason why I didn't get it, but I know coupons are treated as cash. I didn't end up paying for it, and cancelled the transaction.
anybody else got the 20k on self check out?
Are you sure the coupon is for this week? I don’t see any RCSS flyer this week has the offer. Where are you located?
If you break up your $100 order into 5 transactions of $20 each, you will get 25k points, which would have been the same result if you buy $100 in one transaction(I.e. 20k from the flyer + 5k from the coupon).
Sep 14, 2020
52 posts
55 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I did 8 more orders today for total 16 this weekend, split between NF and RCSS and on 3 different PCO accounts. If they take points away, I will be returning all the items that weren't a good price without an additional 25% off.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1542 posts
697 upvotes
Edmonton
rodrickrod wrote: I did 8 more orders today for total 16 this weekend, split between NF and RCSS and on 3 different PCO accounts. If they take points away, I will be returning all the items that weren't a good price without an additional 25% off.
Okay you do that. That'll really show them
Jun 29, 2006
421 posts
53 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: Are you sure the coupon is for this week? I don’t see any RCSS flyer this week has the offer. Where are you located?
If you break up your $100 order into 5 transactions of $20 each, you will get 25k points, which would have been the same result if you buy $100 in one transaction(I.e. 20k from the flyer + 5k from the coupon).
I'm in Toronto, it was in the flyer, I found out I only had 99.90 so I added a 1.00 baby food pouch and it showed up on the screen. I was gonna break it up, but because each box of diapers was 27.98, I wasn't maximizing my points, and couldn't get 5000 points 5 times.
I also got some Joe fresh clothes, and that worked for the 5000 points coupon too.
Sep 14, 2020
52 posts
55 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Today one Superstore location had cases of red peppers for $6.98. Effective price $3.85 after PC Optimum peppers deal and this coupon. Now I have to figure out what to do with 40 red peppers!
Jun 13, 2019
497 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto
I did total 4 transactions (across two accounts) at RCSS. Got all 20K points plus "Save it Forward" 6K points for the Purex+Sunlight combo..
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
1456 posts
1205 upvotes
Winnipeg
rodrickrod wrote: Today one Superstore location had cases of red peppers for $6.98. Effective price $3.85 after PC Optimum peppers deal and this coupon. Now I have to figure out what to do with 40 red peppers!
Nice find! What to do with them? Wash, dry, chop & freeze them and they'll be ready to toss into soup, chili, pasta, etc. recipes all winter long.

https://food.unl.edu/article/freezing-p ... d%20dishes.
Sep 14, 2020
52 posts
55 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Kelly M wrote: Nice find! What to do with them? Wash, dry, chop & freeze them and they'll be ready to toss into soup, chili, pasta, etc. recipes all winter long.

https://food.unl.edu/article/freezing-p ... d%20dishes.
Great idea, I think I'll try that!

I popped over to a different Superstore tonight for 1 last order and they had the same cases of peppers for $9.98. But they had 4 other produce items that were cheaper than the first location. Just shows how you really have to know your prices!
Jul 25, 2015
171 posts
91 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
ch00chmuld00n wrote: Was told via staff at RCSS that all transactions were to be audited and any user with more than one coupon use per account would have it clawed back

Not sure I'm buying that...hope it doesn't happen.
I wouldn't be surprised, it wouldn't be hard for them to identify accounts with multiple coupons redeemed. I think some people here are using multiple accounts though, which would be harder to catch.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11858 posts
10789 upvotes
RightOnEh wrote: I wouldn't be surprised, it wouldn't be hard for them to identify accounts with multiple coupons redeemed. I think some people here are using multiple accounts though, which would be harder to catch.
If they want to track down who uses the same code more than one time over the weekend, it is not hard to do by doing ad hoc sql queries on their database using the 5k coupon code.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Sep 14, 2020
52 posts
55 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
RightOnEh wrote: I wouldn't be surprised, it wouldn't be hard for them to identify accounts with multiple coupons redeemed. I think some people here are using multiple accounts though, which would be harder to catch.
Have they ever taken away points before? Not to my knowledge, even in the past when offers have been abused. Therefore, I would be surprised if they did it now. This is the third weekend of this coupon being abused so they must not care. Frankly, even with 25% off they are making money on most items.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3035 posts
1634 upvotes
embguy wrote: If they want to track down who uses the same code more than one time over the weekend, it is not hard to do by doing ad hoc sql queries on their database using the 5k coupon code.
The IT dept. developer forgot to put in the logic for the limit.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3035 posts
1634 upvotes
rodrickrod wrote: Have they ever taken away points before? Not to my knowledge, even in the past when offers have been abused. Therefore, I would be surprised if they did it now. This is the third weekend of this coupon being abused so they must not care. Frankly, even with 25% off they are making money on most items.
May be they didn’t put the limit into their system on purpose. Galen needs the revenue, not the profit to show he is doing a great job.
Oct 27, 2006
898 posts
224 upvotes
These guys made a mistake and posted their Huggies box of refill wipes for 18.97, so because of that they adjusted and knocked off $10. Was hoping to use the coupon but oh well $10 off is better then 5k in pts
Plus I got mine just 30 minutes before that when I bought $21 worth. And another 5k yesterday.