Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] Get Paid $5.00 for 10 bars of Dove Men+ Care Bar Soap (YMMV) (Western Canada)

[OP]
Newbie
Dec 6, 2009
3 posts
21 upvotes

[Real Canadian Superstore] Get Paid $5.00 for 10 bars of Dove Men+ Care Bar Soap (YMMV) (Western Canada)

$10 for 10 bars of Dove Men+ Care soap
In the body wash section, there is a coupon for $1.50 off any Dove Men+ Care product

$10 - ($1.50x10) = -$5.00

Might depend on your cashier as a supervisor override is needed for this amount in coupons, but I had no issues.
This was a Superstore in BC.
20180525_181400.jpg
20180525_170048.jpg
Images
  • 20180525_181400.jpg
  • 20180525_170048.jpg
Last edited by kelvinchan24 on Jun 11th, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
62 replies
Member
Jul 8, 2008
425 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
Is this store specific? Anyone seen this in GTA.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
7336 posts
1751 upvotes
Toronto
Yap, would be nice if this is also available in GTA.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4173 posts
546 upvotes
I don't imagine that any cashier would let you use 10 coupons in the same transaction.
Member
Jul 22, 2006
261 posts
148 upvotes
Kherani wrote:
May 25th, 2018 9:27 pm
I don't imagine that any cashier would let you use 10 coupons in the same transaction.
I don't see why they wouldn't as long as you're only using one coupon for each item. My question is how Superstore is "paying" you $5 as wouldn't they just adjust the coupon value to the price of the item or do you just buy $5 worth of other items so as to get everything for almost free?
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 6, 2009
3 posts
21 upvotes
canlabman wrote:
May 25th, 2018 9:36 pm
I don't see why they wouldn't as long as you're only using one coupon for each item. My question is how Superstore is "paying" you $5 as wouldn't they just adjust the coupon value to the price of the item or do you just buy $5 worth of other items so as to get everything for almost free?
The soaps scan in at 1.78 each, then on the 10th one there is a line that automatically populates -$7.80. Then, the cashier manually enters in MFR coupon -$1.50 ten times.

Edit: Nvm, I see your point now. I did buy other stuff too on my bill.
Last edited by kelvinchan24 on May 25th, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
14710 posts
5022 upvotes
User381785 wrote:
May 25th, 2018 9:44 pm
No cashier would do this
That's not at all true. The store gets paid either way because they just have to demonstrate they ordered the stock - the only reason they limit the coupons is to stop hoarding. Many cashiers are perfectly fine letting people use multiple coupons when the person is not an ass.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 4, 2008
5359 posts
2875 upvotes
Richmond Hill
We're all gonna smell like Dove soap
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Member
Apr 28, 2017
459 posts
291 upvotes
TrevorK wrote:
May 25th, 2018 10:14 pm
That's not at all true. The store gets paid either way because they just have to demonstrate they ordered the stock - the only reason they limit the coupons is to stop hoarding. Many cashiers are perfectly fine letting people use multiple coupons when the person is not an ass.
Worked in retail over a decade. The store would have a limit on coupons used and even then, at most they'd bring the balance to 0.
Member
Mar 7, 2011
263 posts
121 upvotes
User381785 wrote:
May 25th, 2018 11:07 pm
Worked in retail over a decade. The store would have a limit on coupons used and even then, at most they'd bring the balance to 0.
All hail the retail god, he hath spoketh
Newbie
Jun 5, 2017
20 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
Looked around and didn't see any coupon. YMMY I guess.Disappointed Face

I went to Richmond Superstore on No.3 rd.
Last edited by Ican1v5 on May 26th, 2018 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
1724 posts
59 upvotes
kelvinchan24 wrote:
May 25th, 2018 9:43 pm
The soaps scan in at 1.78 each, then on the 10th one there is a line that automatically populates -$7.80. Then, the cashier manually enters in MFR coupon -$1.50 ten times.
hahahaha imagine u leave the store w 10 soaps and $5 cash (but i'm assuming most coupons say no cashback ?)
still even for 1 soap at $1.78+tax - $1.50 is still a pretty good deal...
For sale threads:
Coins/
Cloth/
Phones/
Member
Sep 7, 2003
421 posts
54 upvotes
Worked for me! The extra $5 went off my groceries. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
3888 posts
20523 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
99% they won't do it.

Some reps just don't want you to get a good deal.

"One per purchase " = One coupon per item.
But most of the reps think it is One per transaction.

Top