• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2022 7:17 am
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7629 posts
4267 upvotes
West GTEH!
Thanks OP.

Picked up a couple fans. I'm not too far from Milton RCSS.
There was at least 25+ fans available. I didn't really count, just did a quick look.
😎
Dec 6, 2008
231 posts
107 upvotes
Ottawa
darknebulae wrote: Smaller foot print, I can put it beside me when working, I can use it as white noise machine along with directed air during night etc etc.
GREAT white noise generator. At 10$ it can't be beat.
Just some guy in Ottawa.
Dec 13, 2019
992 posts
931 upvotes
An oldie but a goodie. A classic, if you will... I have this fan for I'd say a good 20 years now and it's still running like new. This is an excellent deal for a utilitarian fan that moves some serious air. Even the lowest setting is loud.

The only bad thing is it doesn't have an oscillating (back and forth turning) function. I got mine at $12 or so at Staples about 20 years ago and it's still going strong. Not sure if the new design still have some security screws to prevent you from opening the cover. After so many uses, the inside and the fan gets very dirty. I couldn't get the cover open because of some "security" screws that I don't have a matching head screwdriver to undo. Found a screwdriver hack with a bit of Googling and found a way to break off the security part (it's a metal piece that sticks up in the middle of the screw) to prevent you from inserting any screwdrivers to loosen the screw. Now I can open the cover to clean out the inside. Make sure you unplug any electrical equipment first before cleaning or servicing.
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Nov 11, 2013
393 posts
115 upvotes
London
Looking for 1 or two fans to ward off mosquitos on the deck...do you think these may be too small any one recommend ones if these are not it?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4672 posts
2230 upvotes
Parry Sound
eelw11 wrote: Or Walmart. Less evil billionaire I'd rather support than Bezos
Lol.

Just because you can't put a face or name to Walmart's evil doesn't mean they're any better than Amazon.
This message has not been approved by The Office of The Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4672 posts
2230 upvotes
Parry Sound
taskmule wrote: No. It is not a quiet fan. And my examples are just that. A few examples. There are endless reasons to own a static fan. Open your mind and imagine that there are many reasons why someone might want a small powerful static fan rather than an oscillation feature. Read the thread and look at all the people who own and use them. Lots of people with lots of uses. But hey, if you don't get it, don't buy it. I'd like to add that this unit (and the 800ht before it) have remained unchanged in a decade because they are a very popular option for a 1: cheap and 2: powerful static fan. Quiet comes in third here, because you can't have a lot of wind without a corresponding amount of noise.
But I don't have any use for it so that means nobody does!!!11
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
4037 posts
1931 upvotes
my Amazon order is out for delivery today, used my $5 promotional credit to bring it down to under $10 free delivery
Feb 27, 2021
97 posts
131 upvotes
When you get tired of replacing fans every few years buy a couple of these.

https://caframobrands.ca/707chwbx.html

I've had one for over 20 years and another for about 13 years. Both still work perfectly. The fan blade is exposed and designed so you can stick a finger in it and not get hurt. Top quality items unlike so much of the disposable crap out there.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4672 posts
2230 upvotes
Parry Sound
Barterlove wrote: When you get tired of replacing fans every few years buy a couple of these.

https://caframobrands.ca/707chwbx.html

I've had one for over 20 years and another for about 13 years. Both still work perfectly. The fan blade is exposed and designed so you can stick a finger in it and not get hurt. Top quality items unlike so much of the disposable crap out there.
Lmfao
Feb 27, 2021
97 posts
131 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: Lmfao

I should have been more specific...I end up giving fans like these honeywells to the local thrift store when they get too dirty (and difficult to clean). And they're loud for what little air they move. The caframo fans are open frame, push more air and to clean them you just wipe the blade and motor surround... For $10-15 I buy these cheapies once in a while when it gets so hot I need extra fans but there's no comparison to the caframo's.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5451 posts
4962 upvotes
BC
Has anyone found this fan for the $9.94 price at any other RCSS locations?