Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] House of Marley smile Jamaica in ear Bluetooth earphones

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 5:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6194 posts
2195 upvotes
Calgary
leofabrigas25 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 11:21 pm
If it helps anyone.
I went to BB earlier today, they reluctantly agreed to PM but didn't give me the beat it by 10%. I was too tired to argue with them so I just took the headphones and left. I probably will never visit that same location again.
[OP]
Dec 15, 2017
30 posts
22 upvotes
althetrainer wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 12:15 am
I went to BB earlier today, they reluctantly agreed to PM but didn't give me the beat it by 10%. I was too tired to argue with them so I just took the headphones and left. I probably will never visit that same location again.
Yeah, sometimes they just got on the nerves, my friend visited and got rejected by saying, CSS have limited stock, that's why we can't do it, well it's a steal , boxing day flyer just came up BB prices for the earphones are $30
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6194 posts
2195 upvotes
Calgary
leofabrigas25 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 12:24 am
Yeah, sometimes they just got on the nerves, my friend visited and got rejected by saying, CSS have limited stock, that's why we can't do it, well it's a steal , boxing day flyer just came up BB prices for the earphones are $30
I knew it would be difficult because I had checked their stocks before going there, they were the only store that still had both the chromecast and the Marley earphones so they must have turned down many attempts. I reserved both for pickup hoping they would feel bad for denying me both. I guess the guilt trip worked, the guy was very reluctant and said I couldn't return the earphones unless something was wrong with them. Judging by the designs, these are not built for jogging. I probably will wear them around the house instead. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Dec 15, 2017
30 posts
22 upvotes
althetrainer wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 1:16 am
I knew it would be difficult because I had checked their stocks before going there, they were the only store that still had both the chromecast and the Marley earphones so they must have turned down many attempts. I reserved both for pickup hoping they would feel bad for denying me both. I guess the guilt trip worked, the guy was very reluctant and said I couldn't return the earphones unless something was wrong with them. Judging by the designs, these are not built for jogging. I probably will wear them around the house instead. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Sounds good.
May 13, 2011
715 posts
277 upvotes
Ajax
PM’d at my local BB for $17.99. Picked up 2 (one for my wife and I). Used them today for the first time. They sound great. Bass is adequate for me. Clear mids and highs. No distortion and great quality build. Neck band took some getting used to. Connectivity is a breeze with my iPhone 6S plus. Also connected via bluetooth to my work laptop. Streaming master lossless audio in tidal on my laptop and sound is very clear. Great buy for $20 all in.

Thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
9745 posts
1025 upvotes
is this comfy or good for jogging?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2106 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone PM'd Eaton centre BB?

Also how's the battery life on this?

Thanks.
Eat, Sleep & Breathe RFD!! :twisted:
Feb 11, 2010
958 posts
48 upvotes
BURLINGTON
its amazing the lengths people will go to save 1 or 2 dollars, i chuckle everytime i see these posts price match here and here lol
Feb 11, 2015
170 posts
177 upvotes
GOLFINGGINO wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 11:06 am
its amazing the lengths people will go to save 1 or 2 dollars, i chuckle everytime i see these posts price match here and here lol
It's not just about that, it's way easier checking stock at Best Buy locations than rcss locations. And Best Buy seems to have more stock to begin with.
Zoomer: $36 for 4gb data, Unlimited Canada-wide minutes, and a free phone?
Fido: $15 3gb.
Too good.
[OP]
Dec 15, 2017
30 posts
22 upvotes
GOLFINGGINO wrote:
And fyi RCSS is out of stock at whole gta location so where do rest of people get when its out , moreover bestbuy location is everywhere, rcss are very limited in Ontario as compared.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7412 posts
547 upvotes
Instead of buying BT earbuds/headphones, I decided to buy a BT receiver from Amazon.ca that I can use any headphones with and have to admit how impressed I am with this little gadget. It's pretty darn small and has a clip to clip to your clothes and is fully rechargeable and lasts about 6 hours on a single charge. You can even use this to answer your phone with (has a built-in mic) and you can have 2 phones connected simultaneously. Will control the phone as well.

For those curious this is what I'm using,
https://www.amazon.ca/Avantree-Bluetoot ... VFYDWECFF5

I have too many wired headphones that I don't want to throw out. This allows me to continue to use them and the sound quality has been excellent.
Signature removed due to external link rule violation.
[OP]
Dec 15, 2017
30 posts
22 upvotes
You cannot compare avantree Bluetooth receiver to house of Marley Bluetooth earphones, both are different brands and both are different things, one is Bluetooth transmitter/reciever and other is earphones. Moreover, theres is around 15$ price difference, i would rather just buy house of Marley Bluetooth earphones that already has Bluetooth transmitter/reciever inside, solve the problem of Bluetooth earphones(no need to buy earphones separately or used old ones), great sound, better battery backup, great customer service, much cheaper
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7412 posts
547 upvotes
cheystar wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 12:08 pm
I got this from RCSS Argentia for $19.99 yesterday on no tax day. For $20 it ain't bad. Built quality is good, but sound is lacking. It isn't as loud as I would like. I have the volume on full most of the time. Below 70% volume is too low to hear well. Sound has bass, but not heavy. The mids and highs are clear no distortion at the highest volume. Voice calls are really good for both parties. I can be heard well and sounds like I'm on the phone no differences. Besides the volume not being loud enough, my next biggest gripe with the earphones is no battery indicator. I have cheap chinese bluetooth earphones, which communicate with the phone and reports the battery level of the headphones. These ones don't, the earphones give you a visual (led flashes red) and audio cue when the earphones are low and needs charging. This catches you off guard. Normally when I check my phone and see the battery is at 30%. I proactively charge it before I get into a situation where it's low and I'm out and about not able to charge. Now about the warranty I had a pair of wired smile jamaica's with inline mic & remote, which one side failed. I called their customer support, which are the same people who service homedic products as well. They told me I could mail the defective earphones to them or if I'm in mississauga to drop it off at their location along with a copy of the receipt. At that time I wasn't able to print out the copy of the receipt but the lady at the reception helped me out by having me email it to her and she would print it out. I had to write on the receipt what the problem was and my mailing address. Within a week I got my brand new replacement smile jamaica. Please note like my wired smile jamaica earphones these ones need to be burned in. Sounds flat and garbage on the first listen but about 40hrs or so music playback it gets much better.
leofabrigas25 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 10:32 pm
You cannot compare avantree Bluetooth receiver to house of Marley Bluetooth earphones, both are different brands and both are different things, one is Bluetooth transmitter/reciever and other is earphones. Moreover, theres is around 15$ price difference, i would rather just buy house of Marley Bluetooth earphones that already has Bluetooth transmitter/reciever inside, solve the problem of Bluetooth earphones(no need to buy earphones separately or used old ones), great sound, better battery backup, great customer service, much cheaper
You're right. From the review posted above the Marley's aren't even worth the $15. It's worth paying a little bit more and getting something that you can actually use with you current favorite headphones. It's just another option for those wanting one - to each his/her own.
Signature removed due to external link rule violation.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3288 posts
1400 upvotes
GOLFINGGINO wrote:
It's not just 1 or 2 dollars. This is more than 50% off and don't assume people are driving around town for it. I knew about this deal before the deal went live and just got it yesterday because I had to go to the mall for grocery and Best Buy was right next to it.
May 13, 2011
715 posts
277 upvotes
Ajax
kiasu wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 8:59 am
is this comfy or good for jogging?
Their very comfortable. Prob not good for jogging due to the neckband which will definately move around and slip off if running. They are sweat resistant; however not meant for intense physicial activity.
asdisme wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 11:01 am
Anyone PM'd Eaton centre BB?

Also how's the battery life on this?

Thanks.
I have used mine for the complete day at work (8hours) and battery is not dead or even low as yet. Box says 8 hour battery life but I have tested 9 hours.
Frankie3s wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 10:40 pm
You're right. From the review posted above the Marley's aren't even worth the $15. It's worth paying a little bit more and getting something that you can actually use with you current favorite headphones. It's just another option for those wanting one - to each his/her own.

Completely disagree. These Marley headphones are well worth the $17.99 that I paid. Build quality and sound quality are excellent. Don’t listen to this guy.