Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] Kellogg's Krave and Quaker Instant Oatmeal (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2019 9:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
2442 posts
920 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…

[Real Canadian Superstore] Kellogg's Krave and Quaker Instant Oatmeal (YMMV)

Seen an Langford, BC location.

Kelloggs Krave 564g cereal (crates of them) or <$2

Quaker Oats variety instant oatmeal packages (12 packs?) <$1

I didn't buy any due to avoidance of processed/sugary/salty foods and RoundUp in oats.
Images
  • WP_20190723_13_38_18_Pro.jpg
  • WP_20190723_13_38_35_Pro.jpg
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
9 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3112 posts
437 upvotes
Brampton
Any sightings in the east, GTA?
Oatmeal hasnt been on sale at costco for quite a while.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Temp. Banned
Jul 23, 2007
2420 posts
1165 upvotes
Vancouver
I would be busy stocking and my truck is full ox them
Dec 1, 2016
567 posts
448 upvotes
thriftshopper wrote:
Jul 24th, 2019 12:37 pm
I didn't buy any due to avoidance of processed/sugary/salty foods and RoundUp in oats.
I did not know that! Looked it up and will not eat it anymore. WTF have i been eating for breakfast the last few years :facepalm:
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14162 posts
4306 upvotes
Montreal
Whatever Quaker is putting in their recent batch of Instant Oatmeal it tastes weird and does a number on my stomach. Never had a problem before and I think they started putting more cheap filler in, switched for fake sugar (like that horrible Stevia crap) or changed their herbicide to something ultra-toxic.

Idiots can't just make freaking oatmeal, there's always some moron looking to cut corners and get a big annual bonus. Corporations and their inherent greed are going to be the death of us.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14162 posts
4306 upvotes
Montreal
Bubblegum86 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2019 5:03 pm
I did not know that! Looked it up and will not eat it anymore. WTF have i been eating for breakfast the last few years :facepalm:
But we've been dealing with herbicide residue for years, and what is going on right now is different, like Quaker is testing a new chemical or additive to the oats, probably in the sugar (or fake sugar) or flavor, but whatever it is, it tastes like crap and there is no way I'm buying anymore.

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Feb 20, 2008
321 posts
323 upvotes
Dude......get some Robin Hood Quick Oats.....make your own porridge.....add some protein powder......kablam....,.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14162 posts
4306 upvotes
Montreal
tinmack wrote:
Jul 24th, 2019 6:15 pm
Dude......get some Robin Hood Quick Oats.....make your own porridge.....add some protein powder......kablam....,.
Obviously I did, along with a pack of organic brown sugar for sprinkling. Gotta have my oats.

Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25119 posts
10566 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Jul 24th, 2019 5:16 pm
Idiots can't just make freaking oatmeal, there's always some moron looking to cut corners and get a big annual bonus.
"Fun" fact: There's so much cost cutting that the "fruit" pieces aren't actually what's on the box. They're dried apples with artificial flavoring.

https://www.quakeroats.com/products/hot ... -and-cream
https://www.quakeroats.com/products/hot ... -and-cream
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14162 posts
4306 upvotes
Montreal
death_hawk wrote:
Jul 25th, 2019 5:45 pm
"Fun" fact: There's so much cost cutting that the "fruit" pieces aren't actually what's on the box. They're dried apples with artificial flavoring.
Right now, there are Quaker executives down on a company-owned island in the Caribbean, laughing at us losers eating this slop.

"And in tests, these morons actually thought they were eating peaches and strawberries! They're apples, they're all apples ya nitwits! Hahahahaha!"