• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2019 12:26 am
Jan 31, 2018
327 posts
530 upvotes
Winnipeg
JoelK22976 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 3:24 pm
@OneAndTrueHeir Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about Nespresso coffee?
I drank Nespresso when I moved into an apartment that had no room in the kitchen for a grinder and full-size espresso machine. It's great for what it is (WAY better than Keurig) and I enjoyed it for many years. But I was still thrilled to move back to 'proper' espresso.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2580 posts
1745 upvotes
Toronto, ON
IceCreamGee wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 2:11 pm
I've always been amazed as to how popular this brand got. It tastes like incredibly average to me.
Of the several "flavours" I've tried so far of theirs, I've found three I like and the rest indeed disappointingly average. There are still a few I haven't tried, and probably will at some point, but I do like always having something I know I like on hand, so I tend to rebuy the ones I like.

If you've only tried a few of theirs, I'd say give some others a try.
Nov 22, 2011
739 posts
134 upvotes
Batcave
OakAged wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 5:51 pm
Of the several "flavours" I've tried so far of theirs, I've found three I like and the rest indeed disappointingly average. There are still a few I haven't tried, and probably will at some point, but I do like always having something I know I like on hand, so I tend to rebuy the ones I like.

If you've only tried a few of theirs, I'd say give some others a try.
hi sir can u share wut u tried

greets
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Dec 2, 2004
241 posts
39 upvotes
Anyone know if this deal is available out West in BC?

Interested in trying this as so many people rate this as good coffee... haven't really found any good coffee beans worth grinding and steeping in a bodum since the late 80s when starbucks was new and their stuff was premium. now i find it's all marketing, and cutting corners to make a buck.
Dec 20, 2018
43 posts
48 upvotes
dbfive wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 2:45 pm
How it compares to Eight O'Clock Coffee?
It has a better looking package and more variety of roasts. Otherwise it is in the same tier for much more than the 6$ that Eight O'clock goes for once a season or so. I buy from my fancy source when I feel like good coffee and stock up on Eight o'clock when I want value from my workhorse.
Apr 7, 2011
564 posts
283 upvotes
ottawa
Tried it last time when it was on sale. Wasn't too impressed. For me best espresso beans are still sold on the east coast.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6695 posts
2481 upvotes
Calgary
frugal69 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 8:25 pm

Interested in trying this as so many people rate this as good coffee... haven't really found any good coffee beans worth grinding and steeping in a bodum since the late 80s when starbucks was new and their stuff was premium. now i find it's all marketing, and cutting corners to make a buck.
Not sure about BC. I found them in our local Superstore in Calgary. I'd imagine all RCSS west locations have the same sale.
Apr 8, 2011
70 posts
23 upvotes
North Vancouver
frugal69 wrote:

Yes. Bought a bag at the North Vancouver location this morning.
Nov 24, 2017
37 posts
29 upvotes
Awesome. Their Kick Ass blend is one of the better (best?) dark roasts you can get (store bought)
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3803 posts
980 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought a bag of "454 Horse Power" recently and am really enjoying it. Will definitely buy more of this roast. Tried several of their roasts over the past 18 months and maybe Three Sisters is my next favourite. Others I do not care for at all and some are OK but not something I look forward to drinking. I use an OXO drip machine with the pre-soak.

Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
4555 posts
1465 upvotes
frugal69 wrote:

Haven't tried Kicking Horse in a french press (Bodum) but definitely the Starbucks Verona pre-ground is excellent prepared this way.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2580 posts
1745 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FalconR wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 7:36 pm
hi sir can u share wut u tried

greets
I didn't mention the ones I tried because that's just my taste and everyone's preference is different. For what it's worth, personally I like Grizzly Claw and 454 Horsepower because they're dark, rich, and bold; I like Three Sisters because I find it has reasonably bold flavour despite being a lighter roast than those other two; I like their decaf because it's harder to find a decaf that still has a lot of flavour and theirs isn't bad.
May 12, 2012
44 posts
30 upvotes
CALGARY
FYI only, since we are talking about coffee.

For those of you who are in Calgary, if you are into good coffee, you may want to give this shop a try:

Monogram

The barista who is involved in it actually have won the Canadian Championship, more than once, and went to win world's #3. If you have a chance to be in Calgary, you should give this place a try. At least you can say that you have tried one of the best coffees in Canada, if not the world.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4637 posts
1409 upvotes
Canuckland
Isn’t this regular price in amazon ?