Retailer:
Real Canadian Superstore/Loblaws
60,000 PC Optimum points
For every $150 spent in Optical department

expires Aug. 18

links:
https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/optical
https://www.theodoreandpringle.ca/

Per ErikHumphrey: In addition to the Superstore page, it's also listed at https://www.loblaws.ca/optical.
Thanks ErikHumphrey.

fine print:
https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/optical#legal
* OFFER CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, PROMOTION OR DISCOUNT PROGRAM. You will earn the points indicated for every $150 spent in Optical before taxes and after any points redemption is deducted in a single transaction. Product availability may vary by store. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. No cash value. Minimum redemption 10,000 points. See terms & conditions for redemption restrictions. Offer valid at participating locations with an Optical department between August 5 - 18, 2021.

https://www.theodoreandpringle.ca/#FinePrint
*OFFER CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, PROMOTION OR DISCOUNT PROGRAM. For every $150 spent in Optical before taxes and after redemptions and all coupons and discounts are deducted in a single transaction you will earn the points indicated. Product availability may vary by store. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. No cash value. Minimum redemption 10,000 points. See terms & conditions for redemption restrictions. Offer valid at Theodore & Pringle Optical and the Optical department in Peterborough Superstore between August 5 - 18, 2021.

https://www.loblaws.ca/optical#legal
* OFFER CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, PROMOTION OR DISCOUNT PROGRAM. You will earn the points indicated for every $150 spent in Optical before taxes and after any points redemption is deducted in a single transaction. Product availability may vary by store. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. No cash value. Minimum redemption 10,000 points. See terms & conditions for redemption restrictions. Offer valid at participating locations with an Optical department between August 5 - 18, 2021.
Images
  • loblaws-website-optical.PNG
  • rcss1-ON-08-08.PNG
  • rcss2-West-08-08.PNG
  • rcss3-website-08-08.PNG
  • rcss4-website-08-08.PNG
Last edited by deals2008 on Aug 15th, 2021 10:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
73 replies
Jun 25, 2020
303 posts
358 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Pringle Optical and the Optical department in Peterborough Superstore between August. Does it mean it's only valid at this one store?

I think likely not.
Nov 10, 2014
53 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How are the frames options at these stores?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2429 posts
3201 upvotes
tan614 wrote: How are the frames options at these stores?
Cheap junk. That’s why it’s cheap lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
simplypop wrote: Cheap junk. That’s why it’s cheap lol.
Who isn't selling cheap junk at this point? Something like 95% of the optical frame market is owned by one company, Luxxotica... Nothing like a monopoly.

Last Week Tonight takes on Corporate Mergers
In the latest episode of HBO's Last Week Tonight With John Oliver, the comedian and his team take a deep dive into corporate consolidation and all its ill effects for us as consumers and entrepreneurs. One stark example Oliver gives is that of Oakley, which tried to compete with eyewear giant Luxottica, the corporate parent of brands such as Prada, Versace and Chanel and stores such as LensCrafters and Sunglass Hut -- it's basically a monopoly. To sum it up, Oakley suffered greatly and was eventually acquired by Luxottica.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7610 posts
1553 upvotes
Toronto
dyalect wrote: CAA discount too. 30%
I believe you must choose which promo to apply. I don't think you can piggy-back or double-dip.

That's they way they've explained it to me in the past.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2617 posts
2563 upvotes
Toronto
kr0zet wrote: Who isn't selling cheap junk at this point? Something like 95% of the optical frame market is owned by one company, Luxxotica... Nothing like a monopoly.

Yeah - but still doable to find independent eyewear brands. I have a pair Orgreen's and a JF Rey's for example;
Also brands like Warby Parker and Zenni are a good (and affordable) way to dodge them.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2244 posts
873 upvotes
Scarborough
simplypop wrote: Cheap junk. That’s why it’s cheap lol.
Tangerine
Simplii
Freedom Mobile
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
1788 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
Inno wrote: I believe you must choose which promo to apply. I don't think you can piggy-back or double-dip.

I got 30% discount along with 500k points for spending $1k combined last year promo; so, ya u can combine both promo.

Good life fitness membership works to get discount..
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4228 posts
4586 upvotes
Whitby
Inno wrote: I believe you must choose which promo to apply. I don't think you can piggy-back or double-dip.

Just did it. Depends on location maybe.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2490 posts
1809 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
kr0zet wrote: Who isn't selling cheap junk at this point? Something like 95% of the optical frame market is owned by one company, Luxxotica... Nothing like a monopoly.

No one gets acquired. They sell. With how cheap money is these days, Oakley had other options.
Jun 3, 2018
93 posts
118 upvotes
Can you buy your own frames from somewhere else, bring them in, and spend $150+ on lenses to get the 60k points?
Nov 20, 2015
164 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Would contact lenses be eligible?
Jun 6, 2004
550 posts
33 upvotes
Is eye exam test eligible for the promo too?
Sep 24, 2013
50 posts
145 upvotes
Markham
Anyone know if they offer prescription sunglasses as well?
Aug 10, 2018
22 posts
15 upvotes
jcharch wrote: Would contact lenses be eligible?
Yes, I usually purchase my contacts during these promos. You'll likely need to book a fitting with the optician at the location you are purchasing the contact from so take that into account for timing.