Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] Magnum Ice Cream Bars - $4.88 no tax (PM with Food Basics) + additional PC Points (YMMV) (Ontario)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2019 9:35 pm
[OP]
Member
Sep 7, 2017
215 posts
125 upvotes

[Real Canadian Superstore] Magnum Ice Cream Bars - $4.88 no tax (PM with Food Basics) + additional PC Points (YMMV) (Ontario)

Price match Magnum with Food Basics for $4.88 each.
Quantity 5 to optimize
Flyer has in store offer for 3500 points per $8
I had a PC Offer in the app for 800 points per $4
Lastly no tax today at RCSS

$24.40 total cost
15,300 Points
Last edited by Bidjaan on Jul 20th, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1248 posts
788 upvotes
St Catharines
Ugh, I hate when deals are posted this way. $1.82 is NOT the price!
[OP]
Member
Sep 7, 2017
215 posts
125 upvotes
Title says $1.82 after points. Don’t be a hater.

Would you rather the deals not be posted and brought forward?
Member
Mar 7, 2006
426 posts
165 upvotes
Darn, wish I saw this deal earlier. Was at rcss this morning. Good deal OP!
Member
Nov 20, 2017
213 posts
250 upvotes
Bidjaan wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 2:55 pm
Title says $1.82 after points. Don’t be a hater.

Would you rather the deals not be posted and brought forward?
Appreciate the math and post OP, but probably best not to include personalized offers in your calculations. People won't get it unless they have previously purchased Magnum ice cream, or randomly got it in their offers (not reliable).
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1248 posts
788 upvotes
St Catharines
Bidjaan wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 2:55 pm
Title says $1.82 after points. Don’t be a hater.

Would you rather the deals not be posted and brought forward?
Yes.

I collect Optimum points, but what I have to pay out of pocket is what I really care about.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
1345 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver
Clearing them all would be my only option
[OP]
Member
Sep 7, 2017
215 posts
125 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 4:21 pm
Totally agree. It's misleading and inaccurate
Well I disagree because the bonus points earned are directly related to the specific product. Not generic points or total spend points. You can actually pay with your points and earn the bonus points back into your account in that transaction.

I haven’t purchase Magnum before but the offer was in the app. Was actually looking for milk offers. Hence the YMMV in the title.

Don’t have to see eye to eye. Deal is a deal.
Sr. Member
Mar 12, 2017
783 posts
1958 upvotes
Is this really over after today or is it just the no tax portion?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7054 posts
355 upvotes
York
Can anyone post the ingredients list on one of these please? I can't find it on their website
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 11, 2003
1477 posts
617 upvotes
daddyho24 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 4:02 pm
Yes.

I collect Optimum points, but what I have to pay out of pocket is what I really care about.
So redeem points, and earn points at the same time to keep your out of pocket low.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1248 posts
788 upvotes
St Catharines
Bidjaan wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 4:33 pm
Well I disagree because the bonus points earned are directly related to the specific product. Not generic points or total spend points. You can actually pay with your points and earn the bonus points back into your account in that transaction.

I haven’t purchase Magnum before but the offer was in the app. Was actually looking for milk offers. Hence the YMMV in the title.

Don’t have to see eye to eye. Deal is a deal.
It's not a deal.

If these were on sale at Superstore for $1.82, THAT would be a deal.

First, you have to price match to even get the item down to $5, then hope that you have the appropriate points offer to bring it down further to a perceived price of $1.82.

Heck, you spent $25 out of pocket for something that you weren't even intending to buy in the first place.
[OP]
Member
Sep 7, 2017
215 posts
125 upvotes
I was intending to buy because of the in-store points offer in the flyer. Don’t presume to read my mind or intentions. The app offer was the additional bonus.

Second who goes to superstore and doesn’t price match. That’s the appeal and draw of shopping there. One stop shopping. And saw magnum on sale using the Flipp app last night to add it to the grocery list.

And I didn’t spend $24 because I used points an hour later at Shoppers . So netting out I spent $9 because I was out of pocket $15 less at Shoppers.

What did happen is that I bought 5 instead of 2 to maximize the offers. You will get me there!
Last edited by Bidjaan on Jul 20th, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Member
Sep 7, 2017
215 posts
125 upvotes
Krime1k wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 4:48 pm
Is this really over after today or is it just the no tax portion?
The no tax is only today in Ontario

Top