Real Canadian Superstore Black Friday

Miele Cordless Vacuum Triflex HX1 - $500 + 10% cash back

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2022 1:04 am
[OP]
Aug 31, 2018
12 posts
22 upvotes

[Real Canadian Superstore] [Black Friday] Miele Cordless Vacuum Triflex HX1 - $500 + 10% cash back

Usually sells for $800, but now is $200 off + $100 off when using promo code BF100 on checkout.

Rakuten also has 10% cash back for Real Canadian Superstore - Marketplace which is potentially another $50 off, so actual price is roughly $450.

Also available in white:
https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/m ... /p/SP65590

Cat & Dogs (more expensive):
https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/m ... /p/SP65594
29 replies
Aug 20, 2018
126 posts
226 upvotes
Vancouver
Kaitlyn wrote: https://www.rtings.com/vacuum/tools/com ... 6161/23766

I don’t actually know anyone that owns the Miele…

If someone is set on a cordless stick vacuum (like I am, I think!), it seems Dyson still remains king of the hill
I have it and it's pretty good. I had Dyson in the past and they are pretty much at par. You can't go wrong with either or.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11515 posts
1487 upvotes
GVR
SamS36369 wrote: I have it and it's pretty good. I had Dyson in the past and they are pretty much at par. You can't go wrong with either or.
Good to know! The price is certainly compelling

I guess the Dyson REFURB was available off eBay for … 650 I think it was? Recently

Anyone have any idea how the return policy is for a vacuum from RCSS? If I use it a couple times and hate it?
Last edited by Kaitlyn on Nov 25th, 2022 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
4531 posts
4878 upvotes
Toronto
each have their pros and cons vs dyson, but starting to lean towards the miele as dysons get bulkier and heavier, putting all that strain on your hand and wrist.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11515 posts
1487 upvotes
GVR
dracolnyte wrote: each have their pros and cons vs dyson, but starting to lean towards the miele as dysons get bulkier and heavier, putting all that strain on your hand and wrist.
Don’t know enough but yeah I’m not 100% sure why nobody else is adopting the “bulk” at the bottom near the stick - it’s quite nice how you can move things around on the Miele as the needs permit.

Have also seen the shark vertex pro is basically a cordless stick with lift away, same sort of idea I guess.

I’m here endlessly debating which vacuum(s) to get because I got the tineco a11 master and overall a bit disappointed with it
Nov 16, 2020
107 posts
36 upvotes
Anyone can shed some light? Would this vacumn be good enough for a condo with floors and a dog who sheds moderately? Or would the cats and dogs one be better?
Nov 27, 2011
145 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Kaitlyn wrote: Don’t know enough but yeah I’m not 100% sure why nobody else is adopting the “bulk” at the bottom near the stick - it’s quite nice how you can move things around on the Miele as the needs permit.

Have also seen the shark vertex pro is basically a cordless stick with lift away, same sort of idea I guess.

I’m here endlessly debating which vacuum(s) to get because I got the tineco a11 master and overall a bit disappointed with it
Also unhappy with my Tineco A11 Master.

Wish I purchased the Dyson v11 Outsize instead. Walmart has a price error before on it that missed.

Going to research this Miele
Sep 26, 2020
77 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
I can't add to add the $100 coupon to the cart during checkout. Also, does anyone know what can even earn you PC Optimum points with Canadian Superstore? Doesn't seem like there are any points available to be earned in this order (thought it was a marketplace thing), but after doing some research, it said it is eligible on some items but doesn't show us which. Even adding items sold by Canadian Superstore, no points get added to those items as well.

EDIT: Nvm the coupon finally worked, had to put in shipping info / confirm it before u can add the coupon since it thinks you're picking it up at a physical store location. No points eligible on this product though I guess.

Thank you OP :) Been waiting for this vacuum to go on sale for a while now, and saw it on sale for $200 off today, went straight to RFD and saw this post for an extra $100 off using the BF100 coupon at Canadian Superstore (was gonna buy it off Miele directly / Best Buy).

Just a heads up as well, after you purchase your HX1, head over to Miele to get it registered for an extra 5 years of extra warranty for free.
From November 25 to December 1, 2022, save $200 and receive a FREE 5-year warranty when you purchase a Miele Triflex HX1 cordless stick vacuum (reg. price $799.99, sale price 599.99).

The Miele Triflex HX1 cordless stick vacuums must be purchased directly from an authorized Miele floor care dealer or directly from Miele between November 25 to December 1, 2022, inclusive.

Offer applies only to the Miele Triflex HX1 cordless stick vacuum cleaner (SKU # 41MUL001USA and 41MUL018USA, Mat# 11423890 and 11423870) while quantities last. B-stock and obsolete products are excluded. Must register purchase of Miele vacuum cleaner at www.miele.ca. Visit miele.ca or consult your retailer for the full terms and conditions. "Miele" and the Miele logo are registered trademarks of Miele & Cie. KG. © 2022 Miele Limited.
Jul 19, 2013
155 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered the C2 Hardfloor Canister a few days ago. It's for my parents who have low pile carpet and hardwood flooring.
Any suggestions on which one might be better?

C2 was $499 + tax + bonus points 128,750pts + 10% rakuten = $386

HX1 would be $499 +tax (rakuten may not work with promo code as per fine terms) = $564
5 year additional warranty would be a nice perk.
Feb 2, 2022
99 posts
100 upvotes
Looked into it extensively, the lack of a HEPA system and a smaller bin were both deal breakers compared to the dyson v15.

For someone with mostly hardwood floors, don’t underestimate the soft fluffy roller from dyson.
Nov 18, 2016
45 posts
160 upvotes
Ontario
One2free wrote: Anyone can shed some light? Would this vacumn be good enough for a condo with floors and a dog who sheds moderately? Or would the cats and dogs one be better?
Condo, maybe…. House, no chance… I’m convinced no model of Triflex can keep up with a shedding dog. The dust bin is stupid small and the max fill line is even less, like 1/4 or 1/3 of it. I got a Triflex Cat and Dog last December 2021. I was satisfied. Then in February 2022 I got a German Shepherd… now I’m waiting for my Miele C3 to be delivered…

If I was vacuuming my house top to bottom I’d have to empty Triflex anywhere from 3 to 6 times in a session. I have to carry a separate plastic bag.

Recommend a hard pass on this one if you’re a (edit: long haired) pet owner
Images
  • 432F08D2-6835-42A0-8EB4-DC07C4CB0228.jpeg
Last edited by Spoonsy on Nov 25th, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11515 posts
1487 upvotes
GVR
Spoonsy wrote: Then in February 2022 I got a German Shepherd… now I’m waiting for my Miele C3 to be delivered…

If I was vacuuming my house top to bottom I’d have to empty Triflex anywhere from 3 to 6 times in a session. I have to carry a separate plastic bag.

Recommend a hard pass on this one if you’re a pet owner
Been forever since I’ve used a bagged vacuum but with all the dog hair, isn’t the bags in the c3 just going to fill up so quickly and end up costing a bunch extra as you’ll have to replace them so frequently?
Jun 28, 2009
121 posts
211 upvotes
I have this unit and it is excellent. I also have Dyson v10 and in comparison, the Miele is my go-to. It is much quieter and the battery lasts longer. The suction is amazing and I can get 90% of the job done with just the low setting.

Pros vs Dyson:
1) Battery lasts longer. I can almost vacuum my entire 2000sqft house with one battery. I got 20% carpet and the rest is hardwood/tiles. I did order an extra batter for $150 from Miele just to be safe but I've rarely used it.
2) cleans better, more suction.
3) The canister itself can be placed at the bottom which makes it much more balanced when vacuuming and more comfortable on the wrist because of the weight.
4) It also feels more solid and doesn't feel like cheap plastic in comparison.
5) Miele can also stand up on its own when parked, something that the Dyson can't do.

A few very minor downsides when compared to Dyson:
1) emptying the canister can be a bit awkward at first but after you get a hang of it, you can do it with your eyes closed.
2) the roller will require cleaning more often than the Dyson if you have cats/dogs/wife... with that said, Miele has made it very easy to get the roller out and remove such debris.
3) if you want to use the canister by itself to clean tight areas like between your couch cushions, it could take 5-10 seconds longer to disassemble 'triflex' depending on which configuration your default is.

I got mine for $550 from Costco last year when it was on clearance so this price is a steal.
Nov 18, 2016
45 posts
160 upvotes
Ontario
Kaitlyn wrote: Been forever since I’ve used a bagged vacuum but with all the dog hair, isn’t the bags in the c3 just going to fill up so quickly and end up costing a bunch extra as you’ll have to replace them so frequently?
Maybe but I’d rather pay for a bag every month or whatever than empty this thing 6 times every two days
Jun 28, 2009
121 posts
211 upvotes
Spoonsy wrote: Condo, maybe…. House, no chance… I’m convinced no model of Triflex can keep up with a shedding dog. The dust bin is stupid small and the max fill line is even less, like 1/4 or 1/3 of it. I got a Triflex Cat and Dog last December 2021. I was satisfied. Then in February 2022 I got a German Shepherd… now I’m waiting for my Miele C3 to be delivered…

Recommend a hard pass on this one if you’re a pet owner
I have two cats and vacuum my house on the go twice a week. I can do the whole house with one bin. That 'max' line is really bullshit tbh. I go 2/3 full and don't suffer any suction issues. Don't have any dogs so can't comment on that, but I trust your comment is accurate if you're a dog owner.
Nov 18, 2016
45 posts
160 upvotes
Ontario
n4d3r wrote: I have two cats and vacuum my house on the go twice a week. I can do the whole house with one bin. That 'max' line is really bullshit tbh. I go 2/3 full and don't suffer any suction issues. Don't have any dogs so can't comment on that, but I trust your comment is accurate if you're a dog owner.
I could see you swinging it with cat hair but with longer GSD hair, if you go over the max line, at least in my experience the debris stops “spinning” in the bin and it all collates together and suction drops off a cliff. If I keep pushing it past the limit it jams up into the inlet port to the bin altogether, and you have to either stick your finger in there to work out a mass of dusty hair or worst case even use a screwdriver to work it all out.

YMMV - these are of course just my personal anecdotes. What doesn’t work for others might work for you
Sep 26, 2020
77 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
mandm1209 wrote: I ordered the C2 Hardfloor Canister a few days ago. It's for my parents who have low pile carpet and hardwood flooring.
Any suggestions on which one might be better?

C2 was $499 + tax + bonus points 128,750pts + 10% rakuten = $386

HX1 would be $499 +tax (rakuten may not work with promo code as per fine terms) = $564
5 year additional warranty would be a nice perk.
Bonus points as in PC optimum points via Real Canadian Superstore online? How would u able to receive it? when I added the same one to the cart (the one you purchased), it said
Estimated points available with this order:
0 pts
same for the HX1 or anything else on the website.